It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Pentagon Employee Ordered To Destroy Atta Documents In '99, Will Testify

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A Pentagon employee was ordered to destroy documents that identified Mohamed Atta as a terrorist in 1999 according to a congressman. Senator Curt Weldon claims the employee will testify infront of the Senate Judiciary Committee next week. The employee, who's name is being kept secret for the time being, is expected to reveal the name of who ordered the documents (some 2.5 terrabytes worth) destroyed.

news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON - A Pentagon employee was ordered to destroy documents that identified Mohamed Atta as a terrorist two years before the 2001 attacks, a congressman said Thursday.

The employee is prepared to testify next week before the Senate Judiciary Committee and was expected to name the person who ordered him to destroy the large volume of documents, said Rep. Curt Weldon, R-Pa.

Weldon declined to name the employee, citing confidentiality matters. Weldon described the documents as "2.5 terabytes" — as much as one-fourth of all the printed materials in the
Library of Congress, he added.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The plot thickens, I cant wait for this testimony and to see whom the witness names. I assume the evidence and documents relate to Able Danger and the events thereof.

What exactly is Curt Weldon out to prove? That there was a conspiracy or that catastrophic failures existed before the Patriot Act "broke down the walls" between the Pentagon, CIA and the FBI? I would prefer the former since im a conspiracist and also because the later is old news and resolved already.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15/9/05 by subz]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm hoping this is just the first chink in the dam. I never thought I'd see the truth come out in my lifetime, but this is an incredible development. Of course, as you say, it comes as no surprise to those of us who follow the unofficial theories. Hopefully it will begin to get people to question more of the pack of half-truths known as the 9/11 Commission Report.

-koji K.

[edit on 15-9-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
subz

Good find!

Now, don't be surprised if . . .

In other news . . . a former Pentagon employee, who was scheduled to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee next week, has died as a result of [insert random cause of death here].

Not a laughing matter . . . and I truly hope the testimony takes place, otherwise . . . same old story same old song and dance?!

On Wednesday, former members of the Sept. 11 commission dismissed the "Able Danger" assertions. One commissioner, ex-Sen. Slade Gorton, R-Wash., said, "Bluntly, it just didn't happen and that's the conclusion of all 10 of us."

Weldon responded angrily to Gorton's assertions.

"It's absolutely unbelievable that a commission would say this program just didn't exist," Weldon said Thursday.

WT?! Able Danger "just didn't happen" . . .

Based on the quote above it seems that ex-Sen. Gorton may be suffering from severe constipation.

And then you have the kicker:

Two military officers, Army Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer and Navy Capt. Scott Phillpott, have come forward to support Weldon's claims.
If only by providing more accurate and detailed information to the public?!

[edit on 9/15/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I am curious as to what was in those files that amounted to 2.5 terabytes... that is a LOT of data.

I doubt all 2.5 Tb were directly relevant to Atta... even if they kept a detailed record of his entire life from birth to death, it wouldn't be more than a few gigs.

Has there been any other indication at all of what was in these documents?

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I honestly wish NONE OF THIS was true. There is no good that can come of such an awful revelation.

What exactly is going on? Why did 9/11 happen? Is everything truly a lie like the conspiracy theorists say?

This is an important development in our lifetimes and it may very well begin the end.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This sounds like some kind of smokescreen.

So this anonymous guy is going to point the finger at the person who ordered him to destroy an unthinkable amount of information on the person who was responsible for the execution of one of the most horrible terrorist attacks in the history of the world?

Sounds just a little too bad to be true. That would implicate rather harshly the administration in some kind of wrongdoing, but at the same time fuel the fire that is the 9/11 conspiracy theory.

Goodie!

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm sure Sandy Berger and Slick Willy are a bit nervouse these days. He's taking oral from fat chicks in the oval office and money for communist China while his administration is ignoring terrorists..nice work Bill. I guess Sandy didn't steal ALL the documents...

[edit on 16-9-2005 by Apoc]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
2.5 Terrabytes is rather extreme, it would be an incredible amount of information, I seriously doubt it's that possible to have that much on one person.

Unless of course it was HD, Uncompressed video of course! LOL

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
You're forgetting that the documents could include surveilance photos and videos. If they were surveiling him for a while you could easily rack up 2.5 terrabytes of data.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Geeze 2.5tb!?! I wonder how long that took to delete and if it was that important no one noticed till now!

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Naturally there is no talk of this in any mainstream American news source. There will never be any justice for the victims of 9/11, our country and our ignorant population will probably wonder what happened when they are being shipped off in railroad boxcars a few years from now...

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Poor guy...
too bad he is never going to make it to testify...

The person that ordered the documents destroyed has already called in the favors, and the result will be a death resulting from an unknown heart condition...
just too much stress for his ticker...

they wouldn't do anything obvious... probably something like "ran off the road" or got carjacked and killed...
somesuch... normal crime of the streets... awfully dangerous out there... specially if you have secrets to tell, that others want kept secret...

and my friends... this is one secret that will NOT be revealed for the simple price of 1-10-100-or even a 1000 deaths to cover up...

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
and my friends... this is one secret that will NOT be revealed for the simple price of 1-10-100-or even a 1000 deaths to cover up...

Unless the current administration has ceased to become useful to the shadow government. So the crucifying of which, via this testimony, and resulting explosion of anger would propel their spare/fresh administration into power with a clean slate to further fulfil their agenda.

Its very simple, you use up one administration's credibilty and power to get what you want, then dump them in a fashion that naturally brings into power a new administration that you also control.

Half of the partisanista general population is happy and the other half is shamed into keeping silent. Democracy is seen to be working and life goes on and the shadow government's agenda is unimpeded because the patsies in the administration *cough* Bush *cough* are languishing in prison.

[edit on 16/9/05 by subz]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Its very simple, you use up one administration's credibilty and power to get what you want, then dump them in a fashion that naturally brings into power a new administration that you also control.

Half of the partisanista general population is happy and the other half is shamed into keeping silent.

[edit on 16/9/05 by subz]

HA... meet the new boss... same as the old boss...
I would almost stand in line just to see the last bunch delt with...
all too true...

too bad people can't "pre"vote ahead of time for an election... it would make it "election time all the time" so that politicians were always on best behavior...

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
How about we start a pool for points on the question of who this guy names, and then how long it takes for him to be "discredited" by whichever party the named party works for? I'd bet a bunch that he blames someone from the Clinton justice department.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
How much you want to bet that this turns into partisan mudslinging and some kind of indictment by the current administration of the former administration to take some of the heat off? It all doesn't matter so much who was in charge because the Pentagon pretty much runs the show anyway. They are automomous.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well I'd put money on it being a Pentagon person who is named so it wouldnt really be part of the Clinton Administration. Unless it was Defence Secretary William S. Cohen that ordered the documents destroyed.

That wet lettuce wouldnt exactly have been hard to coerce into penning an order to destroy evidence on a known terrorist residing in the United States. Tell him his poetry is good and he's putty in your hands

new topics

top topics

join