It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the RATS forum worth 3500 points

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
What are your opinions:

Was this forum worth the hard earnt points that we parted with.

Take no offence at these comments, they are not directed at anyone in particular, just the members of RATS in general.

So far i see nothing exeptional about this forum.

A few questions answered yes, but basically the same old threads.

I find it a little boring and tend to spend most of my time on the main board in the conspiracy forums.

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   
In my opinion, it will get better.

The ship is not sinking, and we are not the kind of RATS to desert it.

I will use this to spin a few topic ideas...

* What else should be done about the nuisance value of TCA[WyTX] if anything? Or other people who do damage through their hacking efforts, or their disparaging of the Board, or their offensive posting as fake "Newbies"? Is there anything that can be done to help the Mods in this - or in the way to manage idiots who find this community a good place to 'troll'?

* Is there room for more political activism amongst ATS members? When things are known to give off a very bad smell, do we just go to a Mud Pit to sling off, or do we recommend tangible things to do for all readers of the Forums?

* Is ATS currently meeting its mission to "deny ignorance"?

* What is everyone's dirtiest secret, worst skeleton in the closet?

* My favorite - how do we go about planning the ATS Convention/s for 2004? How is the trust for people who want to meet, and enjoy social time, and learn face to face, to be established? Is it an ATS function or a RATS function?

* There are many great ideas. Start posting them.

For my money's worth, quality RATS Forum posts should be rewarded at a level commensurate with good conspiracy posting - there should be no Chit Chat RATS.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Wow I never realized we have the acronym R.A.T.S.
I wonder if that was intentional like one year at summer camp the counselors in training got nicknamed "crap in the toilet" by the campers.The camp owners did not like that so next year they were renamed to Staff Helpers In Training.

As to the original question? I do not understand how points are "hard earned" don't we recieve them just for posting?? Anyways what else are ya gonna spend them on?

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 03:21 AM
link   
gg

The different Forums carry different levels of points rewards (Conspiracy higher than Chit Chat).

TWATS and RATS were the first two entries in the Dictionary Of Acronyms 2003. TWATS is a bit artificial because I put a T for The at the front. I think RATS is probably coincidental - what do others think?

And William has hinted that as well as what's in the ATS Store at the moment, ultimately there will be some tangible products available to reward loyalty and 'community service'. It's all good stuff!

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by quaneeri
What are your opinions:

Was this forum worth the hard earnt points that we parted with.

Take no offence at these comments, they are not directed at anyone in particular, just the members of RATS in general.

So far i see nothing exeptional about this forum.

A few questions answered yes, but basically the same old threads.

I find it a little boring and tend to spend most of my time on the main board in the conspiracy forums.

It was worth the 250 I paid for it. I wouldnt have paid 3500 for it, but you know it will get better in time and
one day it will be great. I just know it.
Patience is a virtue grasshopper!!

*weird feeling of De-ja-vu*

Mark

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 03:30 AM
link   
groingrinder.

Yes we do earn points for just posting as you put it. !

Newbies, just post as well, but most of it is rubbish and not substantiated.

To make a good post at least in my case, takes a lot of research and time to make sure you have your fact right.

I have spent hours researching some of my posts before i eventually put it up on the board.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   
MarkosOrrealus.

I am sure the standard in this forum will increase, we are all quallity posters, or we would not have acumulated the required points to gain access to this forum.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
In another 2 months, 3,500 points will seem like chump change... that is... if you start interesting posts in conspiracy fora... it's like deposting money in a very-high-yield account.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well, I paid 3500 and I think I got my money's worth just from what few instances of disclosure that have taken place so far (i.e. William's story, Fury's connection, etc.)

Also, I like that fact that if there is a full-blown hurricane of troll-poop on the public board, all I have to do is follow the little doggy to get to the sanity.

well, maybe that last assumption is a little weak, but you get the idea.

I know I feel more comfortable talking about things in here than I do out there.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by William
In another 2 months, 3,500 points will seem like chump change... that is... if you start interesting posts in conspiracy fora... it's like deposting money in a very-high-yield account.

Thanks.

That is good news.

I had better head to the conspiracy forum and open a high-yield account.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This is just me speaking, and honestly I don't have that high of an opinion of my posting prowess...IE the lower end of the RATS crew spectrum. However, I have noticed that there are no more reply posts like 'I dunno, why dont you go eat some #, maybe that'll solve your problem' or, 'Nope. I have no clue, but here's a bad link to some crappy pics' I think that the conversation value has increased at least tenfold, and If I had it, I'd pay 35,000 points for this forum. there. I've said my views. Peace.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I just finished replying to one of your posts.

If a question is directed to (quaneeri)

I will always reply.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Was it worth 3500 points? I just got in here and nothing has blown me away yet. I'm not even certain if there is any secret info here.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Well, the really neat thing is though, you didn't have to bite if you didn't want to...and I don't remember any promise of secret content...so, you shouldn't feel too screwed.

Is it worth it? I think William's secret made it worth it.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I think in the long run it will be worth it. Think of your points spent as an invesment for the future.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I don't know, but those points were burning a hole in my HDD.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
WHOOP WHOOP RED ALERT RED ALERT.

Hell Yeah.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well, I finally let my curiosity get the better of me. I was actually trying to wait to hit 10,000 first (I'm a goal oriented person) but what the hell. Ya can't take it with ya. I've just read on a couple of topics..until I lost interest ..and I must say I'm glad I bought into it. Hell, it was worth this much to see dr go ape# about Whispers.

I was glad to see I wasn't suspected of being a fed..although I kinda do work for the state..but mostly as a dirt sifter. So, lets move on to something else juicy.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think it was wirth it...I waited awhile for the topics and info to build up, but I am glad I spent the points.

The reading has been great.....makes me feel like I can come in here and relax or perhaps run naked for a bit.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ok now having heard seekerof's last statement, who's STILL happy they paid?

Just kidding seeker

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join