It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is Canada fairing in all of this?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I find this interesting: Canada has consolidated two parties to make a newer conservative one. I'm sure some analogy can be found to America. This may be a precursor to a serious and concentrated effort to "reform" Canada.

I wish i could find out who the backers are. We are already aware of US designs to build infrastructure for Canada, under the "guise" of a missle shield.

www.canada.com...

edit - Tales of woe and poorly designed missle sheilds: www.canada.com...

Canada didn't take part then.

[Edited on 20-10-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:17 AM
link   
www.canada.com...

Ugly and raw; there it is! Now I remember, in the past, Canada has set up agencies like this but they had, at least, watch dog organizations keeping them honest. But this thing doesn't look to good. My frear that Canada would roll over in the face of the US seem to be coming true...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
I find this interesting: Canada has consolidated two parties to make a newer conservative one. I'm sure some analogy can be found to America. This may be a precursor to a serious and concentrated effort to "reform" Canada.

I wish i could find out who the backers are. We are already aware of US designs to build infrastructure for Canada, under the "guise" of a missle shield.

www.canada.com...

edit - Tales of woe and poorly designed missle sheilds: www.canada.com...

Canada didn't take part then.

[Edited on 20-10-2003 by ktprktpr]

They are just trying to consolidate the votes. The liberal party is very strong right now and they know that they can't beat them if they are splitting votes.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
An interesting thread indeedy

All i have to say is i live in BC and I love it here. It rarely snows in Winter, it's green year round, the movie industry here is hopping and everyone's mellow. The Premier 'Campbell' sucks, politics sucks in general though. Health care is still free for the most part, dental is inexpensive especially if your on Blue Cross and we have lovely sunsets on the westside near English Bay and Kitsilano area. Oh yes, and 'most' of us Don't Speak French

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
To bad governor arnold wants to shut down are movie business up here and keep everything in Hollywood.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
We are so nice that we don't need to vote so our govt can be elected all by himself. Pretty isn't it ?

and 'most' of us qui ont gagn� une m�daille olympique ou quoique ce soit de distinctif ne parle pas anglais

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by Salem]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
alberta's prime minister ralph klein is our ''big oil bush''
canada's water is like blue gold now, us start to be thirsty... but it's ok, like the values are not like CANADA#1!
I think (i hope) we will explore renewable energies very soon. bc and Quebec are ok,(and cheap for americans) , come to montreal!

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalki
alberta's prime minister ralph klein is our ''big oil bush''
canada's water is like blue gold now, us start to be thirsty... but it's ok, like the values are not like CANADA#1!
I think (i hope) we will explore renewable energies very soon. bc and Quebec are ok,(and cheap for americans) , come to montreal!

Montreal is trully one of the best place in that country... Very low crime and a lot of ethnies living together without killing themselves...

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Since Canadians are seeing themselves as being poorer every year and afraid of the US, they are voting more leftwing all the time.

So the solution is to shift all political parties right' that way we get the job done and the dummy Canadian voter thinks he beats the 'man.'

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Canada gets blood from US prisions!
www.canada.com...

and

Canada ships census data to the largest US defense contractor! www.teledyn.com...

I'm sorry but my predictino that the US will build infrastructure for Canada is simply coming true. As of now many countries simply can't be as big-brother-like as the US, because they don't have the tech infrastructure in place. That's what makes a place like Canada such a nice place to live, the system isn't capable of raw evil ... until now. Things like this really point to a technological terraforming. Now I don't know where to run to...

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The reason that Canada has a perpetual shortage of blood (they are always crying for donors up here), is that we are not paid for it here. Annother example of how the Canadian is always poorer than their bretheren in the US. I predict that there will be a shortage as long as blood is expected to be donated.'

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
www.canada.com...

"The Canadian Forces have decided to take delivery of $750,000 worth of unsafe grenades, but will only use them in the event of war because they could detonate inadvertently."

Now what I find particularly titillating is that they have, at best, a shelf life of 5 years. So they think these grenades are so important because in 5 years they may need something like this. I ask this: Within 5 years, where would Canada need to use grenades in a tough situation? I fear in the Motherland Canada herself... I admit I'm being a bit dramatic but seriously, where else does Canada need anti-ambush weapons (used for invasive purposes, like penetrating forts and other countries).

One cute trick is buy a bunch of weapons and hand them over to the Americans if they invade Quebec. Of course this scenario is looking like a fanasty role playing game.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I am at a loss for words... THAT is the DUMBEST, MOST careless thing I have heard in months!

Obviously they don't give a # about the soldier who is supposed to carry and deploy these grenades huh?

Absolutely STUPID.

P...
m...

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
the neo,

you must be from western canada. To have such a blatant disregard for fact or a reputable reporter on our nation. Not that western canadians don't know whats going on in our country, but many times they are somewhat predisposed to myths, interms of who Quebecers are or Maritimers, that they are getting a raw deal, and that they are misrepresented. As far as ontario "propping" up Quebec and the maritimes, what do you call all of the subsidized farming out west? When the oil industry is tapped out, alberta and sask. will realize what its like to have to completely revamp thier entire economy as newfoundland nad much of the maritimes is now going through. And Quebec, decaying? get some figures brother, by the way, newfoundland has had the largest percentage growth in its economy for the last three years in canada. And as far as our prime minister being a coward, i'm glad someone decided to stand up against the wave of bull# emanating from Washington. Canada would have been more involved had the UN sanctioned use of force, and i thought that our non-participation is an act of good conscience.

I agree that our military is in ruins as you stated earlier, but it has been far from being a secret, our soon to be Prime Minister decided to mkae cuts to all government spending to pay down our national debt, which seems to be paying off in this recession in the US. The reason our dollar is so strong is that as the US dollar continues to be weak, and ours continues to remain stable, money traders are more confident nad so buy up more Canadian dollars, thereby keeping our dollar strong, even with the implementation of interest rate changes.

Some of your comments are uncalled for, and as far as french running this country, i'd have to say it is a little strange that MANY of our leaders are of French origin, even thoughthe French now only consist about a quarter or less of our population. Maybe it is an effect of regionalization in our country and the disenchantment from people outside of Ontario and Quebec, feeling as though the elections are won in those two province's (which they are) and so why the hell run? why the hell vote? Also, maybe the parties to emerge representing the west should try to keep their racist, fascist comments to themselves adn ten they'd get more national support, ie REFORM party.

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by jawapunk]

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by jawapunk]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
jawapunk,

I am from Toronto Ontario actually.

Secondly I have seen more of Canada than most anyone I or you know. Likely I have been to your town or near to it wherever that is.

I will respond to the rest of your post later on.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Faulty grendades, that is just strange. Why would they buy them? What makes these grenades faulty and how do they know? Are the pins barely hanging on or what? Maybe they plan to use them in training, but that doesn't make much sense either. "I know you have never thrown a grenade, but here is an unstable one for ya, so be extra careful."

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jawapunk
Some of your comments are uncalled for, and as far as french running this country, i'd have to say it is a little strange that MANY of our leaders are of French origin, even thoughthe French now only consist about a quarter or less of our population. Maybe it is an effect of regionalization in our country and the disenchantment from people outside of Ontario and Quebec, feeling as though the elections are won in those two province's (which they are) and so why the hell run? why the hell vote? Also, maybe the parties to emerge representing the west should try to keep their racist, fascist comments to themselves adn ten they'd get more national support, ie REFORM party.

I agree 100% of this.

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by Salem]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
the neo,

you talk as if you have seen all done all been all. You've been to every town or near it in this country, so that gives you the omnipotence to represent us all in your farfetched speeches. Your views on quebec are disappointing, maybe it is the west that should cecede if you truly feel the way you do, myself i am proud of our national heritage and history of multiculturalism. Quebec and Quebecers are some of the best people on this planet and i've been a few places, i've lived on four continents, went to high school in asia, travelled extensively, met and spoken to peoples of all races, creeds and cultures, well not all. But i am not about to sit here and try to pawn myself off as the be all, end all of world knowledge. I do know one thing, the direction this country is heading and will continue to head does not have room or value for people who continue to clasp onto their old, provincial mindsets, nor any sort of racism. You seem to enjoy sticking your noses into all the american right wing republican asses around this web site so maybe you'd prefer to move down there. Who knows, all i know is this country was born from a bilingual, multiculural framework and it'll die that way. I'm a proud newfoundlander and a proud canadian, what are you?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Maybe you don't know Jawa, but THENEO has admitted that he's a racist. All of his posts mention something about "commies and leftys" destroying the world. So yes, he is one of those nutjobs who join right-wing fringe groups from Western Canada. Most Canadians I know make fun of that region and compare it to the Southern US. They say it's "out of touch" with the rest of Canada

As for Montreal and Quebec, I love that area of Canada and I plan on moving there some day. I need to brush up on my Francais though...

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Western Canada rocks. Sorry if we are out of touch with you backeasters, that is just because things are so much better out west. You enjoy the minus 25?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join