It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible theory if the levy was indeed blown: The Elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Think about this.

2004 elections, www.cnn.com...

Louisiana

Bush:1,102,169 Votes
Kerry:820,299 Votes
A difference of 281,870 Votes

Lets look a bit closer, www.cnn.com...

Most of the state is red, Howver New Orleans Is all Blue, Meaning its
a primarily democratic city, The majority of the population Are
Black Democrats,

Now lets look at

Texas

Bush:4,526,917
Kerry:2,832,704
A difference of 1694213 Votes

www.cnn.com...

Now, A large portion of the Louisiana evacuees, are and have been moved to
texas, Most of these evacueees were Black, By that standpoint, We
could assume by previous statements, they are Black Democrats,

Its been stated that most of these evacuees will most likely not
return to Louisiana,
or More specificaly, New Orleans

Now last number i could find texas, took in 250,000 evecuees, now 250,000 black democrats will
probably not have much effect on the texas vote, assuming they stay,

But, 250,000 Black democrats, Who might not return to New Orleans, will however shift that vote.

Both states were red in the last election, But, Now the gap in louisiana will be much more in favor for the republicans then it was before.

[edit on 13-9-2005 by C0le]

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hmmmmm--- interesting, and certainly worth considering. The red gad in Louisiana grows, while the blue margin in Texas really doesn't grow all that appreciably, considering how far these people will be spread out in time. I hope this thread gets people thinking, it certainly is off to an excellent start with your post, many thanks.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Friends and I have been talking a lot about this. We have all come to this conclusion.

It doesn’t matter if you displace the black vote because baby boomers are starting to retire and are very worried about health care. They are the most selfish generation that ever walked the face of this planet and huge hypocrites. A political shift is coming, they will start to vote democrat. Why because they only do what is in their own best interest they don’t like taxes or paying for social programs but now that they need them they will want everyone else to pay.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
That's interesting. My mother is a baby boomer and she's a Democrat.

I voted Democrat for a while, then switched to Republican, then to Constitution Party. And I'm a Gen-Xer.

But does it really make sense, given that Diebold chooses for us anyway?

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Interesting, I'm a baby boomer and I don't like either party. When I was younger, I tended to be a democrat, as I got older, I switched to republican. Now I have a problem seeing any difference between the two.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
"Show me a man at 20 who is not a liberal and I will show you a man with no heart. Show me a man at 40 who is not a conservative and I will show you a man with no brain!"

Attributied to Churchill-

Not sure if he said it but its valid none the less. you could also add "show me a man at 66 who doesn't impose on his children the burdon of paying for his expenses and I will show you a man who is not part of the "gimme" generation"....

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Interesting, I'm a baby boomer and I don't like either party. When I was younger, I tended to be a democrat, as I got older, I switched to republican. Now I have a problem seeing any difference between the two.

I found that out at the age of 31. Now I'm a Constitution Party member.

My mother, who usually votes Democrat, may go to Constitution Party, interestingly enough.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I've read through some Constitution Party materials and while I have sympathy for some of their viewpoints, they sort of sound to me like they want a religious theocracy in America. I also think the Libertarians have some fairly solid ideas, but I am afraid under a purely Libertarian or Constitution Party goivernment, the environment would really suffer due to no regulations on corporate exploitation, and poor folks would be left to starve(and there would be a lot more poor folks with no minimum wage laws). So while I can sympathize with wanting very limited government involvement in one's daily life, and would love lower taxes , I think the best way to minimize the giovernment is to drastically slash teh Pentagon/CIA/FBI/Honeland Security/NASA budgets---basically the entire military industrial complex I would just gut overnight, then turn most federal issues over to state control, and encourage the states to abrogate most of their decision-making power to local communities. Ideally, I would prefer top see local communities govern themselves as the people who live there see fit. As for voting, because of its decentralist principles and good stand on the environment, I tend to vote Green Party, although I am no longer actively involved in the party since most people at the membership meetings around here are massive statists and love big government, even though one of the ten key values of the party is decentralization. So, I'll vote for their candidates when they are good, but until some of the "nanny state" types go back to the Democratic Party where they belong, I just can't bring myself to get involved with them in a very serious way.
---Ryan

new topics

top topics

join