It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bomb Blasts Hit Karachi MacDonalds and KFC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Mac Donalds and KFC in the Southern Pakistan city of Karachi have been the target of two bomb attacks just minutes apart. The explosions occured in the upscale Defence district and first reports are of at least three people injured by the blasts. The KFC outlet has sustained considerable damage and had three families dining in the restaurant when the bomb went off. There are no reports of fatalities at present.

www.smh.com.au
He said the explosion shattered windows and three people, including a girl, were cut by flying glass. Three cars outside were damaged.

Tariq Jamil, the city police chief, said the bomb went off on the mezzanine floor of the restaurant and blasted a hole through a concrete wall.

Eight minutes later, a bomb went off outside the McDonalds on Karachi's crowded beach front, causing panic but no injuries, police said. There were about 80 people inside the McDonalds at the time.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's terrible when people stoop so low to attack families and children in their effort to put their point of war across. I hope there is no children or even adults and workers killed by these blasts. Both companies seem to have been targetted for their "Americanism".

*Edited By Mayet.. For decorum purposes

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
Would you like some fries with that?

Thats pretty disgusting mayet

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Once again these people show what cowards they really are. Too afraid to target the military, they have to show how brave they really are by hitting soft targets and killing or injuring innocent people in the process.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Oakley]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
or its to "punish" those who give money to the "great satan". I'm just a little weirded out that Pakistan actually has a McDonalds, let alone a KFC. Do they got a wall-mart yet? Ahhh...Bush....bringer of freedom and democracy

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I wonder if the menu is varied at the Karachi Macdonalds to suit the countries muslim food laws.

I know other countries have slightly different menus including the Thailand ones but yeah the thought never crossed my mind that Pakistan would have McDonalds.

*wanders off to McDonalds.com to find out just where they do have "restaurants"

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Its pretty disgusting really, to think tha tyou cannot just take the kids of to KFC or Macca's without being in the crosshairs of a terrorists aim. Just like those poor people on the buses in London, going about their daily business, or the guys in the Twin Towers doing the same.

Perhaps it was just an attack at the fast food industry.......I mean, Macca's & KFC, please!!!

la2

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Americans are such hipocrits, the UK suffered terrorism from IRA for 30 years, knowing the white house would not say anything to stop it. Untill Bill Clinton we were alone.

We did not send tanks in, we did not authorise airstrikes, and now, via political means we have peace.

la2

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I dont mean my view to be inflamatory, but how can US inforce their political will on the world and not expect retaliation.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE AMERICA - THE WORLD IS SICK OF IT AND WONT TAKE IT ANYMORE, ITS A VERY SAD TIME WE CURRENTLY LIVE IN, BRITAIN DID NOT STAND UP TO HITLER TO SEE NAZI POLITICS END UP COMING FROM THE WHITE HOUSE.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I saw a muslim burger king once.

no not a muslim "burger king" a place called muslim burger king.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by la2
Americans are such hipocrits, the UK suffered terrorism from IRA for 30 years, knowing the white house would not say anything to stop it. Untill Bill Clinton we were alone.

We did not send tanks in, we did not authorise airstrikes, and now, via political means we have peace.

and for how long? do you wonder why it took 30 years? better 10 years of war(thats a long war BTW) than 30 years of victimization, but i suppose thats what seperates americans from brits.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by la2

great story...how does that make us hypocrits though?

la2

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
my point is........ war is never better than seeking peaceful means. The US war on terror is too bias, where was your war on terror when you were supporting the IRA

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rikimaru
and for how long? do you wonder why it took 30 years? better 10 years of war(thats a long war BTW) than 30 years of victimization, but i suppose thats what seperates americans from brits.

You think this 'war on terror' will last only 10 years? your pretty hopeful!

It will last for a much longer time because you cannot war against an enemy that keeps regenerating. You have no clue where the next batch of enemy is going to spawn from and you have no clue where the leader of the group is.

You cannot war when your own leader has polictical ties to terrorists sponsers (Saudis). Also when your leaders have stakes in energy companies that require the financial security of of oil fields in other countries.

How will you win the war in Ten years Rikimaru?

la2

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
that is very true, too many polititians are too closly linked to the terrorists, thats the terrible thing about this 'war on terror'.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Bomb Explodes Behind KFC Restaurant in Trinidad's Capital; Nobody Hurt

I find this to be of interest, because of long held beliefs that muslim extremists are indeed active on the caribbean island of Trinidad and seeing this connection confirms a link that Pakistani extremists have indeed established roots there.

new topics

top topics

join