It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there really are terrorists!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
... something struck me while watching the mass economic strife the current hurricane is causing.

Mass evacuations, casue a great hassle on economics, confidence, even political ability.

.....with alqaedas ability to get propganda circulating the media, and all there messages..

Imagine this scenario...

Alqaeda realease a video, a hostage video.. but without the hostage.
THey state that 3 nuclear devices have been placed in 3 capital cities across america..
THey arent going to tell you WHICH ones, but they realease 10 city names.. to give the people a CHANCE of survival.
Give America 10days to withdraw from IRAQ, or else the weapons will be detonated.
Show some photo's of mock creations claiming to be weapons..

Now, I imagine this would cause absoluate MASS panic..
the American dollar would fall,
the confidence would drop
and America for those 10days, would really have its foundations shookup.

IT so easy to do, soo effective...
and.. really isnt such a hard idea to think off.
weather they have the weapons of not, it would still show america's WEAKNESS in terms of global strength.

millions of people swarming out of cities, no one going to work. It would literarlly be JUST AS effective as a mass strike..

Thats if there really were Muslim terrorists running around.
Which i Personally dont think there are.

... and something else.
America throughout this Katrina campaign has showed how difficult times that are upon them.

America did as much as it could to deal with the devistation from Katrina, I dont think they were slow in there relief effort at all,
but america and its emergency / army services are soo stretched, and so diminished.. that thuosands of there own people must suffer, the same way the iraqi people are going to suffer.
Lack of food, water and clean living conditions.

IF there really were terrorists, planning a WMD Strike against an american city, wouldnt now be the IDEAL time to strike, above all time frames for a surprise attack...?
A chemical attack on say... Seattle would not be able to be cleaned up and quickly contained for quiet some time..
America would surely fall.

Wouldnt they realise that pushing the plans and fast tracking anything they had would be in their best interests?

I believe if they dont hit now...
If they dont hit when they can do more damage to America, than EVER Before..

They wont hit.
And there is no such thing.

Bush has tried to convince the world for so long, that its safe, and IRAQ is gonig to work...

but the cat has just been let out of the bag that america is struggling..
struggling bad..
Sure this storm was bad.. REAL BAD..
but how many days has it been and peple are still dyingi n the floodwaters, still living on roof's

I even like the way, AFTER A internal enquirery was launched into the relief effort, G Bush in all his greatness decided he would OVERSEE the committee..
just like he did sept11

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ahh, dont sweat it. Bush already told us he's investigating himself
to see how he and his subordinates failed. We will get a full report and he will come out smelling like a rose as always, while everyone under him will take the wrap for having dropped the ball. Everyone, that is, but Rove, Rice and Rumsfeld. Hey, Dick is missing, by the way...

Please, if you see this man,
Take him to Washington DC.

Do be careful, though.

[edit on 7-9-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Poor King George III will be still trying to make up his mind the day they haul his butt out of the white house. I think Ann Richards was right.

This man woke up on third and thought he had hit a triple.

Agit, you got a point. Where are all those terrorists who want to detroy the American people at a time when they could easily accomplish their number one priority and achieve 72 virgins?

And yes! Let's reunite the American bisexual ticket! Bring Dick to Bush!

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Alqaeda realease a video, a hostage video.. but without the hostage.
THey state that 3 nuclear devices have been placed in 3 capital cities across america..
THey arent going to tell you WHICH ones, but they realease 10 city names.. to give the people a CHANCE of survival.
Give America 10days to withdraw from IRAQ, or else the weapons will be detonated.
Show some photo's of mock creations claiming to be weapons..

The problem with that plan is that it relies too heavily upon the other side not calling your bluff. So far these alleged "organized terrorist cells" have aquired a fair amout of credibility as far as thier potential threat and ability to deliver such threats. Consider the fact that they have put a large portion of the world in a perpetual state of alert without having any kind of Navy, Air Force or large scale Army. To get such undivided attention without being a major world power comes from the fact that they don't make idle threats which they cannot deliver.

To attempt a bluff of that magnitude and then get called on it or to be exposed, would totally undermine the amount of power they've aquired. From then on, both within thier organization and from the outside world, they would be viewed as ineffectual and incompetent. Even if at the start it worked out like they had planned it still would not be enough to bring about a total victory. Then without the ability to actually cause that damage and be exposed as a fraud would then backfire and weaken thier organization and thier ability to demand the attention they need to accomplish thier goals.

Think of it the same as a bluff in poker. It is certainly possible to bluff a stronger player. If they fall for it then there is some amount of rewared to you and loss for them. However, you can only bluff so far without having the money to back up your bluff. If you bet it all on a bluff and then get called on it your out. But at the same time, if you bet it all and win, but your opponent still has plenty more to play with and the game continues, you've now exposed yourself as con and a fake. At that point you've gained a little ground but left a long battle ahead and still only have a small amount to bet with. That kind of strategy doesn't play well in a winner take all game.

You'd only want to attempt such a bluff if it would result in your victory or possibly a very very substantial gain that would put you in control of the game. It's all about the timing and delivery with something like that. Atleast, that is how I see it.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Moj.. I 100% agree.

But wouldnt that just play staright into there hands?

.... cause Mass panic for 10 days across America, the whole country shuts down..
after the ten days and no explosions, they consider alqaeda mute...
Relying on fake threats to cause catastrophy.

... wouldnt that be under estimating the enemy?

..... Surprise would fall back into the laps of alqaeda, because now the public dont beleive they are capable...

it works both ways.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Maybe they could wait until the 11th day when everyone's attention is elsewhere and blew up 3 nukes... That would be terrific!

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Yeah, but if they had 3 nukes in the country....
why wait this long?
If they hada done it years back.. it would still of caused the same result.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   

America did as much as it could to deal with the devistation from Katrina, I dont think they were slow in there relief effort at all,
Sure this storm was bad.. REAL BAD..
but how many days has it been and peple are still dyingi n the floodwaters, still living on roof's

I can understand your theory on the scenario regarding how easy it would be for the terrorists to spread havoc through misplaced warnings, real or not.
That is a hell of a good point for discussion.

What i cant understand is the above quote. You said you didn't think the US was slow in sending relief, yet you said that there are still people waiting to be rescued. Doesn't that show how slow they were with the relief?

My personal opinion (and it is only an opinion) is that the US was slow, too slow to send any kind of relief. With a country as big as the US, with all the resources they have available to them, they should have been there within hours and not days.
Like i said, its my opinion.....................

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
it's all about the illusion of security

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Does anyone need more proof that the terrorism and homeland security is a shell game to extort money before the eventual collapse of the economy? All those billions of dollars on homeland security and look at the result of one hurricane.

Bush and the Neocons have a lot of explaining to do. If they aren't prepared for a pre announced hurricane, what makes anyone suspect that there will be terrorist attack?

Does anyone need anymore proof that the war on terrorism is just another way for the damned to extort money and kill more people.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
That is an excellent theory, and I have to agree that if they could pull off such a bluff it would be quite be effective. However how do we know that US goverment wouldn't somehow block their video? I mean, whats stopping US hackers from taking out any websites that host the videos?

I've noticed that every time theres a video released by terrorists it always plays right into the hands of the Bush administration. All of a sudden everybody hates anyone who wears a turban, which is exactly what the current administration needs for continued support of an unpopular war in Iraq. Not to mention fear of terrorists makes a good excuse to invade various nations.

In this case such a video would be counter productive for the US. So if you go by my theory, it'll never see the light of day.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
To clarify..

I feel the US Did a good in effort in its relief..

How many national guard, helicopters, engineers and MONEY is pouring into Iraq?

If a sports team plays a basketball game with its starting 5 injured... and ONLY lose by 10pts... Its a good effort..

They fall short, and unfortunaetly in this case people die..
But I still think the US did as much as it could, with its limited recources.

I mean, The area needing to be evactuated and cleaned up is roughly the size of Great Britan.

For the First time ever today, on Perth's local radio station, the news reported actualy spoke of the US governments conspiracy, and that NO plane hit the pentagon, and it was setup by the government.

It was referring to a story regarding out anti terrorism laws which have just come into play... and that sheiks and muslims throughotu australia are takling of this.

Could this be the begining of the truth?
Its so clear we aernt beign told everything about sept11...

And with that beign the case... it throws into question the entire notion of terrorists...

There has been to many opportunites for terrorists to hit the USA again...
Too much talk, threats and convenient video messages from alqaeda.

Its just too damn convenient for the Bush administration.

.... I just read that 660 members of the MS-13 Street gang were arrested.
Isnt this the group supposidly helping alqaeda smuggle weapons and fighters into the USA?

Hell, If I was thrown in a maximum security prison, with murder and drugcahrges over my head.. i'd be willing to back up any story abotu some middle eastern dood i supposidly helped get across the border with a large box..

be interesting if in the next week/days we start seeing reports that these punks have begun ' explaining of times they helped these men cross into the USA '

Maybe the US learnt after sept11, you cant convince the public AFTER the event has happened who was responsible.. its far more logical to start before the event, so its not such a shock when it happens?...

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Something Else Id like to add....

If there really were terrorists... wouldnt they of actually TRIED To remove bush by now?

How difficult is it for them to create a car bomb, using commond materials found in normal american life?

... for terrorists to be truely hellbent on destroying america, and stopping bush's rampage through the middleast, they would of tried by now... long before things got THIS outta hand, to remove him..

It's just another clue in my mind, showing the world this is all one big script.. playing out bit by bit.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
well thanks for giving them a great idea

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
...thanks for giving them a great idea?
.. wtf?

was that even useful in placing that smarta$$ comment into the thread?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
it is an idea but by doing that, many supporters might loose their faith in
al howeveryouspell it when the bomb didnt go off.

although their main goal is to rid the world of america, that concept wont do it. So many of their people are probally waiting for this devestating attack which kills 4 million and ends americas superpower status, if a bomb doesnt go off maybe they do loose a little faith.

if anything they will take the bombs and have them ready for detonation, make some rediculos demand which could never be done such as, Remove all troops in 3 days which is immpossible, then drive/fly into the city and let em rip. Then say goodbye to your way of life as we know it since it will be the fuse to light WWIII. a nuke going off on our soil will not be tolerated, and are actions against those who harbored the terrorist will not be tolerated.

then basically U.S and Brittian against Iran which will then get china and russia involved. then who knows the a holes in north korea might take some chances with somthing.

but in the end THERE WILL BE NO NUKE!! I can almost garantee you that the terrorist do NOT have WMD's in this country. way to many factors come into play for them to pull it off. its not like the steps they took for 9/11. this would include transporting the nuke accross country when who knows what kind of random thing occurs, such as a car accident or cop pulling them over due for some odd reason.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have been thinking along the same lines myself. The terror lies within-sounds like a cheap horror flick-except for the fact that we're living it. I don't agree with your opinion of the relief effort- but you still got my wats vote!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Please, if you see this man,
Take him to Washington DC.

[edit on 7-9-2005 by dgtempe]

Don't do it! It's a trick!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

If there really were terrorists... wouldnt they of actually TRIED To remove bush by now?

Oh yes, every terrorists dream, kill the president, untie the country and make Dick Chaney the president, what a peace loving president he would be.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

...thanks for giving them a great idea?
.. wtf?

was that even useful in placing that smarta$$ comment into the thread?

wtf? what do you mean wtf, not that its ever gonna happen but if the terrorist had the ability to place 3 nukes within the US itd be a great idea for the terrosist

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join