It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got back from a FEMA Detainment Camp

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
but the time line seems a little old ...

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CatHerder
Ok, so let me get things straight.

I'm with you in this!

Sounds like they have services provided for people and local emergency services if needed.

Looks like they are providing for people that have nothing and giving them something

Where is the bad part? Is it in providing security for people that have no protection?
hmmm?

Val - I have to ask you -
Are u for real????

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Yeah. I'm for real. But your a sockpuppet. And lest anyone gets misled by your antics...here is is your member record with the six month gap of no activity.

Are u for real???

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall your a sockpuppet.

Hey Valhall, what is with all the name calling? This guy is a sockpupet and I am moronic.... I am sure I could find more examples if I read back through this thread. What is the deal with that? When someone disagrees with you why not debate them by taking their points one by one and refuting them instead of calling them names?

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Craig, a sock puppet is not a derogatory term; it is a second account used by some to say something they'd rather not have their usual account be tagged with.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thank you for straightening me out on that. Mr. Crowne; but I was aware of what the terminology meant. My opinion is that in the context it was used it sounded derogatory. My question still stands: Valhall, when someone disagrees with you, why attack them? Why not refute their points one by one instead of the name calling and personal attack?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
My question still stands: Valhall, when someone disagrees with you, why attack them? Why not refute their points one by one instead of the name calling and personal attack?

What part of your incompassionate, stereotpying post do you want me to address?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Well, you could start with your views on what you find "incompassionate" [sic] and "stereotpying" [sic], specifically, and why you feel that way. That way it will be a discussion that will stress your points and perhaps allow me and others to see that I may be wrong (or correct). Then I could state why I feel the way I do and perhaps you and others could possibly agree, or disagree even more, with my point of view. I may be much less experienced and much less active on this board compared to you, but that is what my understanding of what a discussion is. Isn't this a "discussion" board? Aren't people allowed to post their thoughts and opinions here without being called names? I may even have been guilty of that myself when I first started here, but even in my limited experience on this board I have learned that attacking other people is wrong, that the idea of this board is to have discussions. I just thought that someone with your experience on this board would see that they could possibly sway people to their way of thinking by intelligently explaining themselves instead of being confrontational and calling names.

And you still have not answered my question, although I do understand that you are under no obligation to do so.

Also, if this forum is not the appropriate place to have this discussion please let me know and I will cease and desist immediately and post this elsewhere.

[edit on 25-10-2005 by craig732]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
What I find incompassionate is your stated views that some how these people want to be displaced, or are okay with living arenas or shelters. That there is something they personnally did to "bring on the rain" so to speak. This appears - from the way you stated it - to come from a stereotyping you have applied to these people because they are either black or low-income or lesser educated or on assistance or all of the previous.

Now, I find it disgusting to view a group of people that way and to speak of any trial and/or tribulation they've been through after this disaster in a diminutive way...and I guess because you don't like some given factor about their lives (see list above). I voiced my opinion on what I thought of those statements about these people.

I also saw your responses that followed in which you explained what your original post was getting at. Those explanations have been duly noted. I have now also noted your comments about my response to "Are u for real???". My question to you on that is rhetorical - why is accusing that member's intent of not being on the level any more offensive to you than that member doing the same to me?

If you have further questions you would like me to address concerning the topic of this thread, I'll be glad to do so. Unless it's asking me if I'm for real, or whether I think the citizens of NO deserved and/or welcomed the disaster.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Very good, now I understand your point of view regarding my point of view, and I respect your opinions about my opinions.

Originally posted by Valhallwhy is accusing that member's intent of not being on the level any more offensive to you than that member doing the same to me?

Regarding this, I do feel that the post by "are you for real" is inappropriate (not offensive, and it was not my intention to characterize your comments as offensive, just inappropriate in this setting.) But this is your forum, not his or hers, so that is why I did not address his derogatory and inappropriate comment. Buy I can if you like. Peace.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Now, to get back on the topic (sorry for the detour).

Is there anybody in the area of where this camp is that could go there and report back on what is happening currently,perhaps even interview somewho is staying there? Or anyone who is a member of this congregation who could call their pastor for a report?

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
What I find incompassionate is your stated views that some how these people want to be displaced, or are okay with living arenas or shelters. That there is something they personnally did to "bring on the rain" so to speak. This appears - from the way you stated it - to come from a stereotyping you have applied to these people because they are either black or low-income or lesser educated or on assistance or all of the previous.

Now, I find it disgusting to view a group of people that way and to speak of any trial and/or tribulation they've been through after this disaster in a diminutive way...and I guess because you don't like some given factor about their lives (see list above). I voiced my opinion on what I thought of those statements about these people.

I also saw your responses that followed in which you explained what your original post was getting at. Those explanations have been duly noted. I have now also noted your comments about my response to "Are u for real???". My question to you on that is rhetorical - why is accusing that member's intent of not being on the level any more offensive to you than that member doing the same to me?

If you have further questions you would like me to address concerning the topic of this thread, I'll be glad to do so. Unless it's asking me if I'm for real, or whether I think the citizens of NO deserved and/or welcomed the disaster.

Get a grip Val!!!!

Ok, so they have an area secured and are not allowing some people to have more than someone else, they have emergency services because there are none there, they are accounting for the people because they are miles away from their homes and the people are confused, frustrated, overwelmed, and are trying to contact family.
Then comes Val - the crusader!!! Dum, Da, Dum!!!! To save the day!
Val says - (I am making these words up) Fear not good citizens, I realize you are in a detention camp and I will exploit your perils.
Wait a minute - Are there any citizens from LA. even there? Are the citizens unhappy to be there? PLease lets get a comment from a citizen who is there or was there

Ok Val the crusader how would you have done it better? Exactly!!!!
How would you provided services, communications, accountablility, a way to give the people hope and give the people a direction.
How would you have prevented rioting and lawlessness? How would you have saved these people in EVERY facet like the government is doing?

I am a citizen of the US and a veteran and I am proud of my country. Yes, the US government has made mistakes and yes they will make more. But in this instance, This instance of setting up this secure location for these displaced and unseen citizens, I believe they did the right thing.
So let me ask you Val- have you made any mistakes in your life? C'mon, speak up!

Now to address the rest of your comments. Sockpuppet huh? Well I take that as a compliment because you now expose me as the hand behind many good comments that come out and THANK YOU!
If you meant that in a deragatory way, I hope you find a meaning in your life someday. You obviously need some sort of professional help to realize that the government is not out to get you and that there is good in this world other than your hand in your pocket.

So that leaves me to say - Are U for real???

[edit on 27-10-2005 by Are u for real???]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Regarding this, I do feel that the post by "are you for real" is inappropriate

Craig - How is my post inappropriate?
I was blunting asking for what was/is the percieved bad in the scenario by Val. I did not see anything bad so I need some sort of 'guidance', 'direction', or 'pointer' to what was happening that was bad.
Dude, what do you consider inappropriate in my post?

Let me give you a rule of thumb - a person's perception is only 1/3 of the truth. Until you get the information form all of the players how cna you make a rationale decision?
Do you folks base your decisions on one point of view?

How about collecting facts from several different sources then looking at the facts to see if anything is similar or if anything doesn't mesh and then look for more facts based on the first round of facts?

C'mon Craig dude. Your posts read like you are a very good thinker and you are not unrationale person.

Craig, I know U are for real!

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I am too fat to reach my hand all the way behind my back, so I just had my girlfriend check for my spine and it is still there; thank God... I was a little worried there for a moment that I would be a spineless lump of jelly for the rest of my life!

The reason I felt your post was inappropriate was because of my personal beliefs. I personally feel that comments like "are you nuts?" or "are you for real?" or "are you kidding, or what?" do nothing to promote your side of the argument and are the equivalent of direct insults, such as “you are nuts.”

I have always felt than when having a discussion, argument, debate, etc. you should not use foul language, insults, or say things that do not specifically promote your side of the argument or opinion, or refute the other person's side of the argument.

Other than that, I am in agreement with you. It would seem that the people on this thread have no experience with managing extremely large groups of people, products, security, etc for thousands of people. If they did they would realize the need for security and order. They also have no concept that the government is so politically correct these days that they would never give someone a Snickers bar or a Twinkie if they did not give one to someone else. Heck, if they did they would probably get sued.

I still stand by my question, which no one has yet answered: How come hundreds of thousands of people were able to self-evacuate, self-relocate, and not depend on the government but these people could not or chose not to?

Also, who is going to follow-up on this camp, see what is going on there today, and report back?

[edit on 27-10-2005 by craig732]

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I agree with yout hat we need some followup on this.
Also did Val show any of the people in her pics?
Where are the citizens? The people demand citizens!!!

Craig - You are an honest dude! Rock on partner!

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Are u for real???
I agree with yout hat we need some followup on this.
Also did Val show any of the people in her pics?
Where are the citizens? The people demand citizens!!!

Craig - You are an honest dude! Rock on partner!

What citizens? What citizens do you want pictures of? Do you want pictures of citizens being detained? Citizens detaining other citizens? Or citizens marching in protest?

Do you want 18th century citizens? 19th? 20th? or 21st?

Do you want black citizens? white ones? or a big pot-pouri of citizens?

Do you want the ones who only have served in the military? or maybe only the ones that have served in the incompetent arms of government...like FEMA.

Do you want me to post pics of the citizens that are taken into "custody or detainment" by the FBI, the DHS or the various state BIs?

Do you want me to post pics of citizens that have been deemed lesser by the catastrophe they are suffering through? or the ones who aren't right simply because they don't look right to you?

Are you getting the picture cheese-cake? What pictures of citizens - EXACTLY - do you want?

And thanks for correcting me...there's no way you are a sock-puppet, you're too full of crap to leave room for a hand.

[edit on 10-30-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Once again, instead of answering a question clearly and concisely, Valhall responds with insults, sarcasm, and now even foul language. Apparently her side of the issue has lost steam so now it degrades into further mudslinging. I feel like I am in a political campaign!

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
i think she was being kind.

a camp with tons of empty beds stood empty and heavily policed. this very thread may have been a pretty major blow to the clandestine objectives of the totalitarian organisation known as FEMA.

did you read the powers that FEMA has been granted EXCLUSIVELY through executive orders? they're very 'unamerican'. anyway, they're in the thread, so you can go back and look.

FEMA is a subversive group 'legally' put into power by SHILLS(stunned humans intrinsically lying lustfully, see?).

it needs to be taken off the books. it is a ridiculous assault on america.

'the pen is mightier than the sword'. especially when that pen pens law.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
billybob, you just drove my point home. You made clear and consise statements supporting your views and detracting from other people's views without insulting anyone (except FEMA, but I make exceptions for anyone who wants to insult that group of evildoers.)

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
billybob, you just drove my point home. You made clear and consise statements supporting your views and detracting from other people's views without insulting anyone (except FEMA, but I make exceptions for anyone who wants to insult that group of evildoers.)

technical writing 101.
people actually get angry with me for putting too much meaning into too few words.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join