It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got back from a FEMA Detainment Camp

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The RUSSIA-FEMA CONNECTION.(SIGNED Memorandum of understanding.)

THERE IS A REASON OUR FEMA PEOPLE SEEM TO BE ACTING LIKE RUSSIAN "AUTHORITIES", treating Americans like they were under communist rule. LOOK WHO OUR FEMA MANAGERS ARE TAKING THEIR LESSONS FROM!

THIS IS NOT AN "NEWS ARTICLE", IT IS THE ACTUAL AGREEMENT.
www.fema.gov...
Home » Library » United States-Russian Federation Cooperation
Search FEMA

» Advanced Search
Library
• FEMA Information
• Preparation & Prevention
• Disasters & Emergencies
• Response & Recovery
• Cerro Grande

Library - Virtual Library & Electronic Reading Room

United States-Russian Federation Cooperation on Natural and Technological Disaster Prevention and Response

A Status Report

Prepared by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Ministry of Civil Defense, Emergencies, and the Elimination of the Consequences of Natural Disasters (EMERCOM of Russia)

September 1997

Background

Saving lives and protecting property from the effects of natural and technological disasters is a critical mission shared by FEMA and EMERCOM. Given the outstanding search and rescue expertise and extensive disaster management capabilities possessed by both Agencies, we are embarking on building a partnership in emergency preparedness and disaster management.

The signing of the Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in Natural and Technological Emergency Prevention and Response on July 16, 1996, heralded a new era of cooperation in building this partnership. In October 1996, FEMA and EMERCOM decided to focus partnership efforts on: region to region collaboration; exchange of training courses, exercise observers/participants and scientific and technical information; and coordination of assistance in complex humanitarian emergencies.
www.fema.gov...

Mod Edit: Trimmed quoted material and placed in quote box

[edit on 9/25/05 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Never mind...sorry

[edit on 24-9-2005 by kyateLaBoca]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kathartic_Oni
I don't often post, but I feel it's very warranted in this case. First Val you rock!!! In these times it's nice to see someone who, through their actions, embodies the finer attributes of the human race...WELL DONE!!!

very well put. i didn't vote you for way above, val, because it seems petty and insignifigant. i'm thinking nobel peace prize, purple heart, and humanitarian culture jamming awards(might have to start that guild up, yet). you(val and family) were totally the right person(group) to be in the wrong(right) place at the wrong(right) time. pretty much blindsided these pale horse riders.

Secondly, as much as we all, I think, wanted answers to the broader question raised by Val and the rest of the intrepid ATS crew, we shouldn't be disappointed that now we know answers won't be coming, because whatever was being planned for that place did not take place because of this exposure and that is to be commended.

damn straight. it might be unwise to overlook that the robot 'we' are engaged with is a quick study.
i don't know, but i've been told......
left, right, left, right...

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
valhal,

would you be willing to talk about what happened on my radio show out of north tampa? if so, e-mail me at [contact made - personal info removed]and check out my website at vyzygoth.com.

you may retain your anonymity.

God bless you and yours . . .

[edit on 9/26/2005 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I promised an update to my earlier post, so here it is.

I hesitated to reply until I thought I had a better grasp of the mentality of these camps, or at least the one I have been to at Camp Edwards, Massachusetts.

I never actually pulled guard duty at the "camp" itself (actually more like a village utilizing modern barracks that are usually occupied by visiting units for training), but I have by it several times, and know one person who is doing site security there.

Frankly I don't know what to think, I'd say there is nothig sinister going on, overtly at least. The people there are allowed a relatively high degree of freedom and are generally not restricted much as far as travel and contact with the outside world goes. The children attend the local (town of Bourne I believe) public schools, and you see adults and children moving about that part of the base with no barbed wire fences or intimidating security measures. I don't know how or if anyone goes off base for recreational purposes.

The only problems so far have been just a couple minor altercations among the displaced persons. There was indeed a short medical check-up quarantine, if you will, but it only lasted about a week, not five months. During that time civilian-looking medical personnel (Red Cross? FEMA?) were the only ones in contact with the new arrivals.

There is another, somewhat odd aspect to it. First of all understand that within the US Army (including Reserve and NG components), Military Police personnel are in short supply in CONUS, thus the new Force Protection label, which can include people from all kinds of backgrounds (Engineers and tracked vehicle mechanics among those I have spoken to) pulling security duties. The gate guards and patrols are overworked as it is on this post, so it is pretty honest to admit that the resources don't readily exist to assign a unit to "guard" the displaced persons. But those FP personnel who are supposed to "keep an eye on" the displaced persons are told to give them a wide berth, and the face-to-face interaction of military and civilian personnel is reserved only as a last measure for law enforcement or other emergencies. I believe it is the Red Cross who are the people in constant contact with the displaced population. The rationale behind this, from what I hear, is to make the people feel less like prisoners and more like just a bunch of folks being helped out by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

The soldiers on base, however, are still leery of the new arrivals, and look upon them still as a potential danger of some kind, more of a local crime problem than anything else. They are not the ragtag bunch of wild looters that was feared when the announcement was first made that they'd be coming.

This is all I could piece together from what I observed and what my friend told me. Make of it what you may.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Thank God for Val's report.

What should we do about all of this? Should we vociferously complain to Congress about what's happened to the Katrina victims? People should not have been forcibly removed from their homes, taken away on planes to who knows where. Their registered guns should not have been confiscated. It's an outrage.

Is it naive to think that the churches could and should be handling the rebuilding and the help and rescue of disaster victims? Who says we have to have a FEMA to do the things FEMA is allowed to do?

And why do we need a Homeland Security at all? What are they doing other than putting up big signs on the highways and expressways with flashing lights and blinking letters saying "Report Suspicious Activity to (phone number)" This is ridiculous. What are we supposed to do, see if people are wearing muslim headgear while they're driving their cars and get on our cellphones and call? How is this ridiculous agency able to carry on with their nonsense, preventing people from receiving food and clothes because it might be contaminated or whatever?

The way things stand now, if your state is declared a disaster area, FEMA has the right to come in and march everybody to wherever they say to go. This ought not to be so. Time to start hollering IMO or next time there's a disaster, it may be us eating pop tarts in a FEMA camp.

Has anyone heard of anything that Congress is doing about this?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm going to be visiting with member oztrogoth in the first hour of his talk program out of Florida on this Friday night at 11:00 p.m. ET.

Here is oztrogoth's website: www.vyzygoth.com...

Here is the kgrn radio network website: www.kgrn.info...

and here is the livestream page: www.kgrn.info...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ainitfunny

THERE IS A REASON OUR FEMA PEOPLE SEEM TO BE ACTING LIKE RUSSIAN "AUTHORITIES", treating Americans like they were under communist rule. LOOK WHO OUR FEMA MANAGERS ARE TAKING THEIR LESSONS FROM!

very interesting indeed! thankyou for that

valhal, do you know or can you find out wether it will be archived so i can download it l8r, or will i have to listen live.

[edit on 28-9-2005 by AdamJ]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamJ

valhal, do you know or can you find out wether it will be archived so i can download it l8r, or will i have to listen live.

I think this is where he archives past shows:

vyzygoth.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
This link was passed to me with the request that I post this.

The following video link is on Oklahoma's kfor.com. The partial transcript below is where the woman is describing being in a particular shelter prior to coming to Oklahoma.

newsok.com.../main

partial transcript:

Taylor and her husband were shuttled from shelter to shelter. "It was actually horrible. Because they had dead bodies and everything else laying in the walkways and stuff. And they put us in like a dormitory cell. We couldn't leave and half the time we didn't have no water..."

Vall,

I'm finally gotten back to this thread. If you can get back to this article, could you post the article or U2U me the article. I don't like news sites that require you to register, let alone ask for your entire personal history just to read one artlice.
It said all I needed was a valid name, e-mail, and password. Well it wouldn't take that. I didn't feel comfortable giving out any other information just so they can use it for marketing purposes.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I can't copy the video or I would save it on to my server and link to it. This is the only text in the article accompanying the video.

"Some lifelong Louisiana residents who lost everything in the storm have found something more valuable than money.

Tami Marler when to Camp Gruber to learn more about the couple's precious gift."

The text you quoted was me transcribing a portion of the woman speaking on the video. That's a verbatim transciption.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady

I don't like news sites that require you to register, let alone ask for your entire personal history just to read one artlice.
It said all I needed was a valid name, e-mail, and password. Well it wouldn't take that. I didn't feel comfortable giving out any other information just so they can use it for marketing purposes.

Mystery_Lady

I have found this website to be really very good to bypass obligatory free registration:

www.bugmenot.com...

I agree with you in not liking to register for marketing purposes just to read one article.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Yah, bugmenot works.

But here's the video if someone wants to keep it as a reference. It's about 14MB.

Packed with DivX, so you need the DivX codec to watch it.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamJ

Originally posted by ainitfunny

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The interview with Val will be put up in the audio archive at vyzygoth.com, and radio4all.net on Tuesday, October 4th.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I can't copy the video or I would save it on to my server and link to it. This is the only text in the article accompanying the video.

"Some lifelong Louisiana residents who lost everything in the storm have found something more valuable than money.

Tami Marler when to Camp Gruber to learn more about the couple's precious gift."

The text you quoted was me transcribing a portion of the woman speaking on the video. That's a verbatim transciption.

Thanks Vall, I thought it was an actual article and not a viedo. I son't usually watch viedo clips on the net. I'm sure you transcribed the best part of the whole clip.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
can someone please u2u me when val's interview is put up? im not sure how easily i will be able to get to it, and i just want to know exactlywhen to start trying.

excellent thread val!
very interesting. thanks for sharing this with us!

--Kit

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
oztrogoth has passed another radio station link that will have a livestream feed in case anybody is interested.

www.pascoradio.org Click on the "Grassy Knoll" show link...

[edit on 9-30-2005 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
the livestream isnt working on my comp.
my computer is being really cranky today.

--Kit.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
bump.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join