It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crystal Skulls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I haven't seen a thread on these for a while so i thought we could start a current one up to see if theres been any more news on them. If you're not sure on what they are here's a page that explains them.

www.world-mysteries.com...

So far i believe 8 of the supposed 13 have been found. I think the most interesting theory about them is the belief that when all the skulls are together they will reveal the knowledge of the ancient civilizations.
Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i have a thought has anyone tryed to run a power sorce through them ? maby there some kind of looking device ? or somekind of map of the solar system ? crystal is suppost to conduct electricity ? so why not right

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientia
Any thoughts?

None that make any sense.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfi221
i have a thought has anyone tryed to run a power sorce through them ? maby there some kind of looking device ? or somekind of map of the solar system ? crystal is suppost to conduct electricity ? so why not right

Well some of them apparently have lots of silicon thats used for computer chips in them. I'd imagine they have tried to run some type of power through them.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Use the search feature.

I am about 99% sure Byrd has slapped these artifacts down once or twice before.

fum

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientia
I haven't seen a thread on these for a while so i thought we could start a current one up to see if theres been any more news on them. If you're not sure on what they are here's a page that explains them.

www.world-mysteries.com...

So far i believe 8 of the supposed 13 have been found. I think the most interesting theory about them is the belief that when all the skulls are together they will reveal the knowledge of the ancient civilizations.
Any thoughts?

they are said to reveal all knowledge to the person who has found them all

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The exhausting job -- assuming it could possibly be done in this way -- would have required man-hours adding up to 300 years to complete.

Now that is something unimaginable.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This probably has no relevance, but I used to have a book on the paranormal that had a story about these crystal skulls. I can't really remember the story well but it was about an elderly woman from england whose grandfather (or someone) was on a dig around the sites of the mayan pyramids.

Apparently he'd found three perfectly formed crystal skulls that seemed to produce a slight humming noise when placed facing eachother. He handed them down through his family, to said woman, who then allowed the author of the paranormal book to look at them and write her story.

Upon inspecting the crystal skull (she only had one left, I forget why) the author found that if he looked at the skull from behind, an image of a saucer shaped UFO could be seen inside!

I've been looking for this picture on the net for some time. If I find it i'll put it up.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
They're fakes, plain and simple.

www.sgallery.net...

www.xispas.com...

...and the quartz that it's formed from isn't very good quality, either:
icwales.icnetwork.co.uk...=15050983&method=full&siteid=50082&headline=-aztec--crystal-skull--likely-to-be-fake--nam e_page.html

The lapidary that carved it in the late 1800's was probably in Germany:
hnn.us...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I am about 99% sure Byrd has slapped these artifacts down once or twice before.

Correction...100%, hehe....

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
We discussed this on a group that examines New Age frauds and we determined that they are fakes. We even had some of the leading fraud perpetrators come in an debate us, and the results were, well, fankly, hilrious! The original crystal skulls were fakes and all of the New Age spinoffs are beyond absurd.

See groups.yahoo.com... and do a search for "crystal skulls"

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I read about this before. Crystals seem to be excellent conductors for energy. Im no expert on the subject in fact im far from it but I hear crystals can be charged with energy. I dont think the shape of the crystals have anything to do with it but id say whoever or whatever molded them charged them with power.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
HP done tests on one of the crystal skulls in the '70's and found found astonishing results.

Search google for crystal skulls and HP.
www.google.co.uk...

Byrd,
Just because some have found to be fake, doesn't mean you can dismiss them all. There are many fake pieces of art, that doesn't mean the original doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by scarper

Byrd,
Just because some have found to be fake, doesn't mean you can dismiss them all. There are many fake pieces of art, that doesn't mean the original doesn't exist.

dude..byrd has some extra knowledge and training that not many people have EVER had..when she provides links and PROOF..u have to check the info..i believed that i had something special as well...but in the face of the irrefutable(spelling?)facts it turned to nothing.If proven to be fake,the emphasis is on the believers to prove them real..IMO.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Fakes are usually based on an original, thus is it safe to say an original must exist for the fakes to have been based on????

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by scarper
Fakes are usually based on an original, thus is it safe to say an original must exist for the fakes to have been based on????

I'm not sure what logic you are basing this assertion on....? What is to stop me creating a carving from scratch and then claiming it is Aztec in origin?

The crystal skulls aren't fakes in many respects but a hoax. They are quite clearly crystal and skull shaped, so they are "real" crystal skulls. The hoax is saying that they are of Ancient Aztec origin when they are of relatively recent European origin. As the Professor Freestone on the History News Network says:

Nevertheless, even if it is a fake, the skull in London still commands a lot of interest from the public. As Professor Freestone says: "Whatever you think of it, it's a fantastic object. Even if it was made in Germany at the end of the 19th century."

I would agree that they are still fantastic objects and people should be able to just appreciate the art and craftmanship that went into them.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
sorry bout this, but i think i gotta agree with scarper. even tho an expert says something is false, no matter how good they are at the subject, doesnt mean they're right (no offence byrd). scientists in the past have made some things up that were at one point classed as completely true.

The fact that it was said that the skulls, even with laser technology couldn't be made to the standard of the anne whats-it-called skull says there's something about them. and all the tests done on them were inconclusive says another.

However, we can always take into account the fact the tests were done in the 1970's, it's just another one of those things where you'll have 2 make your own mind up about it. remember, just because someone cleverer than you says something doesn't make it completely true! but doesn't mean it isn't either! hope i don't cause too much of a stir here but hey, its a debate!

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Not going to derail this thread, but I have a question to people who know more than I do.
Does a crystal grow once it is taken from the ground?
I was given this as a gift many years ago, and I remember it weighed exactly 22 pound, but I have recently reweighed it and now it says 23.
Would this be the spikes growing or the rock they are imbeddded in?
Any help greatly appreciated,,,

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
i'm not all that sure myself sirius, but from what i know (which ain't all that much) they could grow.. depends on the conditions they've been kept in. anything that can grow [B]will[\B] grow under the right conditions... however i'm not sure what the conditions would have to be. hope i could help!

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Longy4eva
i'm not all that sure myself sirius, but from what i know (which ain't all that much) they could grow.. depends on the conditions they've been kept in. anything that can grow [B]will[\B] grow under the right conditions... however i'm not sure what the conditions would have to be. hope i could help!

Thank you for the response.. I have searched the net with no answers..
Perhaps we have a geologist in here..help..
It had just been on my mantle..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join