It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i hate police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm in high school, and cops have asked what I'm doing on occasion. But seing as they're only asking a legitimate question I don't really mind. It's not like they really do anything they shouldn't without good reason. Usually they'll just ask me what I'm doing, or what I'm up to and just let me go about my business.

Besides most of them are actually really nice people who're just doing their job. And I have to admit, I'm pretty thankful that they do such a demanding and risky job and still don't get paid all that much.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
russiankid, i know how you feel, but seriously they are there for YOUR protection. im not going to lie i was one of those kids who hung out in park and drank cider! (never touched drugs though!)
i used to call them pigs, filth etc. but think about it, they are humans! just like you and me, they are doing their job.

my estate is crawling with police and i am thankfull, because if they were not there my estate would be a hell hole.
they ask every kid, young adult and adults who are late at night, most of the police take the piss and dont forget the most probally did the same thing at your age, so some of them maybe messing with you!

also they wouldn't hassel you because you were speaking russian!

also i would advise you not to make such a thread again becuase many people would class this as an insult. im just saying, but matey think about it they are there for you, your mother, my mother, everyone family, children!

oni x x

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If you really feel the need to hate someone for being "put down by the MAN", then hate the politicians. All police have rules and policies and directives set forth by their bosses(you may not yet know what a BOSS is). All of these bosses, be they Sheriff or Chief of Police are POLITICIANS and just looking out for themselves. Unfortunately, if they feel they need to target teens hanging out in the park to keep their job, they give that task to the lowest guys on the food chain which is the street cops. You are obviously much too young and inexperienced in life to know this yet, but everyone has someone to answer to. EVERYONE! If you ever have a problem with anyone, there is always someone more powerful than that person that you can complain to. Venting your frustrations and displaying poor syntax at the same time on the internet is not going to solve anything. Time to grow up and face the real world...if you act like a jerk, be prepared to be treated like a jerk. If you were mistreated, then complain to the right people who can fix the problem. Going through life hating a certain group of people for one or two bad experiences is not healthy and, in some cases, would be considered bigotry, anti-semitism and racism. Face the problem and fix the problem, don't feed it by stereotyping and assuming all of us cops are out to get you. We do this job because we care about you. Trust me, it's not for the money!

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Police have an important role in society, as there will always be bad people. Unfortunately, there are also bad police occasionally.

Most of the police I have come in contact with have been very polite and I have no problem with them. I can only think of one incident personally where the officer was rude and jumped to conclusions.

My parents and I were driving home from a church event - our main vehicle was at the mechanic and we were driving a very old, beat up pickup truck. This was about 9 - 10 PM in a residential area. A cop pulled us over and asked for ID from everyone (I was about 15 at the time and had no ID). She seemed very suspicious of something, but after checking both drivers licenses said that she pulled us over because our license plate light was out and let us go. Our license plate light was functioning perfectly fine.

As a side note, Arizona Highway Patrol officers seem to be very polite and friendly based on the ones I have come in contact with.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
A couple of months ago i stopped on my bike in a park at about 3pm. I had only stopped for about 20 seconds for a rest when two police officers came over and said why are you here? and then they said that i could be a drug dealer. They did not believe what i said and then they did a thorough search of me and contacted their command. [SNIP] PoLICE sCUM!

----------------------------------------
Edited profanity

Please read ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
You remind me of a friend I had named Phillip.

Strrrange indeedly!

I also know a Phillip...

Weeeeeiiiiiird....

Sorry, for some reason I was reminded of the Family Guy where Peter says, "Interesting. I too, have an uncle."

[edit on 9-12-2007 by TheHypnoToad]

[edit on 9-12-2007 by TheHypnoToad]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
On topic, the one time I was every really bothered by cops was when I was around 16. I was in the French Quarter, drunk, and being generally obnoxious. In retrospect, I was underage and drunk in public (during the day, too). They could have cited me, called my parents, etc. All they really did was roll their eyes at me and tell me to move along.

Thinking back on it, I was lucky. If I would have gotten busted, that would have been the end of me. My dad's a retired cop, and there are tons of cops in the family and amongst our family friends. I would have gotten lectured until the day I die.

My point is that if I hadn't attracted that attention to myself by being a d-bag, then the cops wouldn't have even approached me. In fact, I think a very wise man once said, "Don't be a d-bag." Maybe not, but those are still wise words to remember if you want the cops off your case.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Come on guys, cut the men in uniform some slack.

Sure i could fill this post with 10000 letters of horror stories of some of my experiences, and experiences of my friends (esspicialy some of my black frineds), but whats the point.

Have a good sense of humor with them, just be loose, dont worry.

Cops, they do a good job... 99.99999999999999% of the time.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
i used to think all cops were jerks, until i FINALLY came across some decent ones.

the good ones are out there guy. it's just that for every good cop there's 5 crooked one's :\

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
... u dont understand me... my friends and i were just hanging out at this park and just talking when a police officer came by and said "are you guys going to cause some trouble tonight?" so we just said no and went to a diferent place... then another 1 came by and just looked at us for some time...
then he came over and said "you look like your going to do something bad tongiht, son" WTF!?!?! and this other time i was taking a bus home at like 11pm and there were 2 police cars standin at a red light and a cop yelled out "go home kid" i got so pi$$ed off i forgot where i was goin!
they just always tink that ur doing something wrong!! no matter what you do... they come over to talk to you just so that they can annoy you
You're going to have to start taking minutes. It's the only way. Then,next time Mr Plod comes over,you can answer fully and with gusto "let me just check our itinery"

basicly,the reason you get busted so much,is cos you're in a group of friends. Police don't like that,cos obviously,if there's more than 1 and a half people together,they're going to go and be hardened criminals. Shame on you!! *wags a very sarcastic finger*

There's nothing you can do,just bite your tounge,don't let pride get in your way. Cos you'll come off worse. Just make sure that you've got nothing on you that they'd love to find on you. And that you're not actually doing anything illegal and there's nothing they can do you for.

I have an amusing story for you. We used to get hassled by the rozzers all the time for hanging around in groups. There's nothing for kids to do these days,so we'd just chill,drink and get a bit naughty. Constantly getting agro (we deserved it to be fair) but one day,this copper who always gave us more grief than we deserved,got out of the squad car,and went into the shops. We sat and watched him. Then one of our group ran over to his car and pee'd on it. Which was followed by all of us running over and rocking it. Which was followed by a police car being turned onto its roof. Would LOVE to have stuck around to see his face when he cme out the shops. That wouldn't have been wise.

hope it made you smile russiankid
(don't get any ideas,finger printing has come along way since the "good old days")

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Russiankid, regrettably I've said wrong things about cops in the past, too, when I didn't know better, and I too have had unfair experiences with cops.

But now I will tell you, cops are humans. And in every country, in every job, in ever level of government there will be good people and bad people, corteous and annoying, honest and lying. Police are police. They go around protecting. That's in general, but of course within this there will be good and bad people. And if they annoy you just ignore it or take it as a joke. They're suspicious? Ok, its their job to be. And the most important thing is we need them. Like another member said, without them, we'd be overrun by thugs, who aren't even close to as nice as cops. Just keep that in mind.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
So there is no chance you looked sneaky...minors walking around at night...maybe he was just checking on you for safety. Maybe he was just making sure people weren't up to no good.

Why can the police never catch a break? They get lumped in from one bad experience

-Kyo

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
:]
Okay, first off if it weren't for the police you wouldn't be alive by now someone would have taken your life because there were no laws or at least no one to enforce them.

Second off, all the police do is come and solve all your life's problems. You should thank them.

Finally, If you hate the police so much the next time you're in trouble call an efing crackhead, see if he can solve all your problems in one night.
:bnghd:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i hate the police they dont do jack #..someone went onto my property and stole my wallet, cell phone and credit cards from my car. and i reported it to the police and they wont do anything because they said i wasnt a victim of anything because they only charged 52 dollars on my card. thats because i cancelled it before they could charge anymore. im not reporting it because of 52 dollars im reporting it becuase someone went onto my property and stole my stuff and the damn police wont do anything about it...i hate them

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
... u dont understand me... my friends and i were just hanging out at this park and just talking when a police officer came by and said "are you guys going to cause some trouble tonight?" so we just said no and went to a diferent place... then another 1 came by and just looked at us for some time...
then he came over and said "you look like your going to do something bad tongiht, son" WTF!?!?! and this other time i was taking a bus home at like 11pm and there were 2 police cars standin at a red light and a cop yelled out "go home kid" i got so pi$$ed off i forgot where i was goin!
they just always tink that ur doing something wrong!! no matter what you do... they come over to talk to you just so that they can annoy you

Want to get rid of the cops fast? Here is what you do. Pretend they are like Gods and that you want to be just like them. Go right up to the cops and say, no way officer, we are on the good side, have you heard any bad reports about kid's in the neighborhood causing trouble? You remind me of Arnold Schwarzenegger....how did you get so big? We haven't seen anything but if we do we would be happy to help you cuz we want to be cops like you when we grow up. How much does it pay to be a cop anyway. Kool, not bad...how often do they give you a new car? Can you show me your gun? Do they give you a tazer too? Oh, is that a bean bag shotgun? How many bad guys have you shot?

Be as nice as possible, ask them as many questions as you can. They are the one's always asking questions so this get's them off guard, especially when you show interest in them, rather than fear as though you are hiding something.

Drive them crazy with so much respect and adoration and those cops will never bother you again, but you need to act very sincere. When they ask dumb questions like the one's you stated, be nice to them and just say something like, no way sir, we stay out of drouble otherwise we get grounded by our parents(they like it when kids call them SIR). We were just discussing our home work and how to increase our grades. There are many creative things you can come up with to say to them that will ease their concerns.

When they leave, you can all have a good laugh.

And stay out of trouble....OK?:bash:

[edit on 24/2/09 by John Matrix]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join