It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Randi is an idiot!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ok. Thats it! I've always known that Randi was a skeptic of all things paranormal but after recently seeing him on a show about crop circles his extreme bias has lost him all credibility as a balanced researcher. Now I do believe that crop circles are mostly hoaxes, but the insults that he hurls at the UFology community are appauling. He said something along the lines of "the ufo community is pointless. Enthusiasts ought to to something better with their time like get a hobby, collect stamps, spend time with the family. Do anything but study crops and wierd lights in the sky. GET A LIFE."

Don't that piss you off or what? He has lost all credibility as an honest skeptic.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
So, you're a Shroomanator? I agree Randi is biased.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Explaining the truth these blindfully skeptic fellow humans is like trying to explain to a cod how to make a basket.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Post erased by error.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by Cabanman]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
If your belief has repercutions(sp?) then say I dont believe to your family and friends. simple
and try not to focus too much on aliens they just "are". And if anybody wants proof look for it at said address there will be trash bin bend over and jump in

[edit on 1-9-2005 by EnlightenedOne]

[edit on 1-9-2005 by EnlightenedOne]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

So, you're a Shroomanator? I agree Randi is biased.

What? No. That was a quote from a sentence that Shroomery, another member on this site, said. He is pro 9/11 conspiracy and some of the things he says are quite ridiculous so us 9/11 conspiracy skeptics like to expose his ridiculous claims by putting them in our signatures. Maybe I should be more clear in my sig.

I am tired of the debunkers always proving us wrong, even if they are not right we loose all the time.

Don't throw around those words like that. They never did PROVE us wrong. Most of the times there tactics are to ignore the hard evidence and good arguements in favor of attacking the weaker ones in order to create the illusion that we are all madmen.

Cause of this new found internal freedom, I have become the black sheep. The Dork, the geek, the laughing stock, the crazy, the dumb-ars, my co-workers wont even sit with me at lunch time, my family think that I am going crazy or maybe that I was just born retarded. Jeez... when will we get a break. I wish these god damn aliens would freaking land already, I know they exist, but they just don't want to show themselves, it's like they are torturing us.

Well that is a problem which you should attend too. You should never let your family treat you like that or loose your friends at work. Just don't put so much emphasis on your ufo interest. Down play it. Keep it low key. That way you won't alienate yourself. You should never dump your life in favor of a hobby.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I am tired of the debunkers always proving us wrong, even if they are not right we loose all the time. We are persecuted and laughed at, ridiculed, the joke of our co-workers, and family, and we still believe in UFOs and Aliens.

Yeah and those debunkers make us sit in the back of the bus! Someday, skeptics and believers will walk hand in hand, my brother!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
terminator says:

Well that is a problem which you should attend too. You should never let your family treat you like that or loose [sic] your friends at work. Just don't put so much emphasis on your ufo interest. Down play it. Keep it low key. That way you won't alienate yourself. You should never dump your life in favor of a hobby.

Sounds like you're suggesting there's something shameful about believing in Spaceship Guys.

And I don't have any problem with Randi. He may be a bit pretentious at times, but the fact that he insults people who belive that kind of thing doesn't mean he's lost all credibility as a researcher, it just means he's not playing nice.

The bottom line is that the people who believe in the Spaceship Guys simply don't have any hard evidence.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTerminator
Ok. Thats it! I've always known that Randi was a skeptic of all things paranormal but after recently seeing him on a show about crop circles his extreme bias has lost him all credibility as a balanced researcher. ...
Don't that piss you off or what? He has lost all credibility as an honest skeptic.

I believe you got the last laugh. Didn't Mr. Randi die here a week or three back?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
If the Great Randi is so great why has he refused going on C2C ? Its not like Art or George are magic
.Someone should debunk Randi cause that milllon is so far up his A@@ its not funny.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Helium says:

If the Great Randi is so great why has he refused going on C2C ? Its not like Art or George are magic .Someone should debunk Randi cause that milllon is so far up his A@@ its not funny.

How do you debunk someone who keeps asking for evidence he doesn't get? If you want to debunk him, show him some evidence. He's telling the Spaceship Guys believers to "put up or shut up"!

So put up! That'll "debunk" him!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Ive seen on his million $ reward website he treats applicants like they were s*** if he doesnt want to believe he wont believe they eve took that girl with x-ray eyes and debunked her but she is known in all of Russia for her abilities and respected by doctors.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Just read the rules

www.randi.org...

The second ambiguity is in Clause 4, which says that "Tests will be designed in such a way that no "judging" procedure is required. Results will be self-evident to any observer, in accordance with the rules which will be agreed upon by all parties in advance of any formal testing procedure taking place."

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
if we dident hav the no life ppl we would not have the techologi we have to day, the guy so eventen the Light blub, he testen 100 of difrent thisngs to make it work the best way possible and many more , the day the no life Randi find some thing that change the History. then its another story

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
DaTerminator...

I saw that show too!

Hes so skeptical of everything its surely not doing any good to his health....

Son: "Hey daddy! I got an A in my maths exam!"

James Randi: "Where is the evidence!? How dare you come to me without a scrap of proof! Fraud!!!! FRAUD!!!!!"

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
We can bad-mouth Randi all we want. I personally find his attitude rather crude and annoying, but the bottom line is that no one has come up with any evidence that satisfies not only Randi, but also most of the scientists throughout the world.

Evidence talks, BS walks. Until people who believe in Spaceship Guys and/or extrasensory perception can come up with good, solid evidence (bring in the Spaceship Guy for an interview, or submit your ESP powers to a panel of scientists and let them design the experiment), then Randi -- and the rest of the scientific establishment -- will continue to laugh at proponents of such things.

And badmouthing Randi may make us feel a bit better, but it won't win any adherents at all.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I have investigated Randi's offer and I find it flawed in the extreme. Every field of endeviour has it's own particular specific requirements. Randi seems to think that Psi is like walking, and it is not.

What I see is similar to saying to an accomplished skier, 'I wll only believe you are really skilled if you can do it with 1 ski, and no poles!'.

Personally I would love the Million, but unlike so many others I do not really look forward to the day that Science announces that Psi is real and accessable to everyone. I see danger there and I am not looking forward to it.

I prefer it the way it is, if you wish to learn you can, but to do so you will have to do a lot of work. Doing the work teaches wisdom so that when you do gain real abilities you know how to use them properly, with respect for the Free Will of others.

But with humans being the way they are, once it is proven then they will demand a quick and easy way. And given the history of Science they will probably find one.

Now on the subject of Aliens I see it differently, there I look forward to solid proof. And if I ever have it I will certainly be willing to share it with the world.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well said, there has also been reports of him(sorry couldnt find news article) disabling a heat sensor when it was starting to heat up (from one of the contestants) and one of his assistants caught him.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

"the ufo community is pointless. Enthusiasts ought to to something better with their time like get a hobby, collect stamps, spend time with the family. Do anything but study crops and wierd lights in the sky. GET A LIFE."

LMAO after reading just a small percentage of ufo/aliens/ crap here I whole heartedly agree with him!

From the unbridled enthusiam and wishful thinking, and pure fantasy of these folk, you'd think there was nothing else in their lives more worthy of
thinking about.
Here here James !

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar

"the ufo community is pointless. Enthusiasts ought to to something better with their time like get a hobby, collect stamps, spend time with the family. Do anything but study crops and wierd lights in the sky. GET A LIFE."

LMAO after reading just a small percentage of ufo/aliens/ crap here I whole heartedly agree with him!

From the unbridled enthusiam and wishful thinking, and pure fantasy of these folk, you'd think there was nothing else in their lives more worthy of
thinking about.
Here here James !

Whats wrong with having an interest in space? Whats wrong with looking out into the stars and wondering whether their are other beings just like us going about their daily lives? What is wrong with questioning what ufo's are? There is nothing wrong with it. I can agree that nobody should spend all of their free time being a ufo nut, that is unhealthy and unproductive. But what is wrong with ufology and research into the subject being a part time hobby or interest? Absolutely nothin. In fact, ufology is not about fantasies and hearsay, there are actually some qualified professionals who study the subject. Use your brain before you make such sweeping generalizations of the ufo community.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join