It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever seen a UFO like this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Back when I was about 11, I would often "camp" in my back yard. A friend and I would just set up a tent and sleep out there. It was a little more fun than a typical sleepover for us.

One time, we were in the tent talking. It was probably about 11 at night. we noticed some moving lights outside, so went out to check it out. Looking up, we saw something very strange. It was what appeared to be swirling points of light, kind of what you'd see in an animation of how a spiral galaxy works. But it was obviously on a black background, because we could see this black disk move through the sky, blotting out the stars behind it.

Here's a very crude illustration I put together of what we saw:

The light coming from it was more like points than the diffuse cloud as shown in the illustration.

My friend and I watched it for a minute, and it was moving slowly. We ran inside and woke up my parents and told them what we saw. They went outside with us and it was gone. My friend, to this day, recalls the incident as I do. My parents can attest to the fact we woke them up and told them we saw this, although they did not see it themselves.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this, or heard reports of something like this?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Wow, that must be the most awesom looking UFO I have ever heard of, thx for sharing. Have no clue what is was though, perhaps a open portal to somewhere else and not a craft at all, wormhole?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
very interesting but common story: watching a craft, looking a way for a minute, then its gone. good find, maybe next time you do this, you could bring a camera with you. just in case

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well it certainly is interesting.

My questions are:

1) did it seem like a representation of a galaxy or more like a fractal pattern?

2) did the light pattern seem to come from the disk or could it have been a reflection of something. If so can you recall anything at all in the immediate area that could have made a reflection in this pattern.

3) when was the last time you spoke with your friend about this? You may want to sit down with him and examine it thoroughly see if you two remember anything differently or perhaps one of you caught a detail the other missed.

I don't know what would be more interesting a galaxy or a fractal pattern.

I personally can't recall ever coming across a sighting with this kind of light pattern but would be very interested in hearing from other who have.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It was more "even" than a galaxy. It had kind of a whirlpool of lights. It didn't have "arms" like the galazy picture in the illustration I used. It's very hard to describe. Imagine if you sprinkled glitter in a toilet and flushed it. It was kind of like that. I wouldn't call it a fractal, though.

I guess it's possible that the lights were reflecting from some other source, though there was nothing in the area I can think of that could have caused it. But I definitely got the feeling the lights were being projected onto the bottom of this black disk. It didn't have any depth to it. It looked like a flat surface. Until you mentioned something reflecting from the ground, I had always assumed that the image was being projected from inside the object I saw.

My friend and I have talked about this several times since this happened. As I said, I was 11 at the time. Now I'm 29. We probably last talked about it 5 years ago.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hi, my name is Jani, I'm from Sweden and I'm somewhat of the UFO camouflage expert of this board. I myself have encountered two camouflaged UFOs and have read several witness stories wich have helped me put together a fairly accurate view of how UFO camouflage works.

What you're describing is very typical UFO camouflage system in full action. Depending on the circumstances, the camouflage may appear to be flickering, may look like a dark cloud and the ever popular 'wave' or 'whisking light' type that was my first encounter. The second encounter, though, fits what you described.

To the best of my understanding the UFO camouflage system works like this:

A craft, composed of higly, if not perfectly (we humans have created mirrors capable of reflecting 99.9% of the light after all) reflective surface has some sort of field generated around it. This is to make the 'blend' not mix with the potential colors of the craft. This field is a light, and possibly other kinds of radiation rerouter of some sorts. It takes light (radiation) from one direction, bends it around the craft itself, and spits it out in generally the same direction as it came from, making the craft itself 'invisible' from all angles, or atleast as invisible as technology can make it. The camouflage seems to work better and better the more light it has to go around so to speak. I say this becasue there's virtually (meaning almost) no such thing as a daylight UFO spotting, more on this later.

To get back to the 'blend' I was talking about. It's really quite ingenious. If you (as a species) somehow invented a way to divert light around an object, the obvious way to make the object completely invisible, is to make the object completely reflective. You see, the field around the craft is only designed to absorb light from one direction, and spit it out in generally the same direction, right? If you introduce another source of color into that blend it'll instantly mix, like and water based color you used to play with in kindergarden. It's just that simple and thus the best explanation.

Though, this camouflage system is physically inhibited, by, well, physics. Think of it as this; Even though the camouflage system is ingenious, and the technology behind it is beyond comprehension, even if it is perfect in every conceivable way, physics will limit it's perfectness. A statistical incoherence in the UFO camouflage cases proves this. This incoherence is namely that all the cases I've read about has been of UFOs, camouflaged, but viewed from close quarters and during less than desirable light conditions. That is; During a crystal clear, star struck night, during dawn and looking down on it, from an airplane, and seeing it against the darker ground. Any background texture that is too 'random', too unsmooth, like a shifty cloud, stars or even a colorfully uneven sky in combination with a person being fairly close, making the actual camouflage field take up a too large amount of the persons view will eventually spawn into a typical camouflaged UFO spotting like you just had. Consider yourself lucky.

To summarize, this also fits your description. You saw it up close, and the camouflage system didn't have a lot of light to go around. This caused the system to flaw and actually show somewhat distorted stars. I have no doubt in my mind that what you saw was a 'cloaked' UFO, and that it was never intended that anyone would see it.

I have a couple of very important questions that are crucial to my research though. Now, I've made some qualified guesses is this thread, like there being actual stars behind the craft itself, and that they were infact processed by the camouflage system and spitted out in your direction, causing the background stars to appear a little wierd. Now, would you say that the stars in the camouflage system (the craft) were bigger or smaller than the background stars? Would you say that when they passed 'through' the craft, they wen't smoothly, like looking at a computer animation, or a crystal ball against the stars (excluding the edges of the ball that is). Or would you say the went 'wobbly', or 'distorted' when they passed?

Any piece of information about this is greatly appreciated and will ofcourse contribute to an 'ATS model' UFO camouflage theory that'll one day hopefully become famous.

If you have any questions, go right ahead and ask them. I have nothing to hide, and I have numerous posts and threads on this board covering this matter. I suggest you look 'em up if you want the reasoning behind this post. Ofcourse you'll find my posts in other people just like you, having watched a camouflaged UFO, might be an interesting read. Looking forward to your reply!

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Here's an animation I made that closely approximates how the lights on the botom of the object looked:

Drexon, that's very interesting. In answer to your questions, I would say the lights ont he bottom looked bigger than the stars. I would also say that they were smooth on the surface, and didn't wobble. As I mentioned, it was kind of like looking at a picture projected on a flat surface.

[edit on 31-8-2005 by nataylor]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Your animation and description is Interesting as well. Let me ask a favour of you. Make a description of what you saw, but make it as excessively long as possible, linking it to _anything_ you can think of and just fooling around with words. Might give me another clue that'll maybe lead to something.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
maybe it was trying to show us... umm you, what galaxy they come from . Interesting UFO sighting.
[edit] saw the new animation... so guess not :S

[edit on 31-8-2005 by And1balla2829]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
jani i must say that you have certainly put a lot of thought into your theory. Sounds interesting how long have you been studying this?

Nataylor if it's been five years maybe you and your friend should get together again and discuss it in detail for the reasons I stated previously.

Perhaps you could look at the various fractal patterns on the following links and see if they match up:

groups.msn.com...

and

www.icd.com...

I am not affiliated with any of these web pages.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If this is what you saw id have to agree with the wormhole theory, because it looks to me like a galaxy. Perhaps this is how all those craft get here?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
indiadaily.com... this will explain why it looks like that, well kinda, im only pushing you in the right direction...

if you ever get interested in fractals, or notice fractal patterns in everyday life, from the cream in your coffee to the smoke you blow out from cigarettes, then check out;

classes.yale.edu...

math is everywhere... i don't see how else god(great operating digits) would've constructed this world... i mean he needed to program this reality for our minds somehow right? =P

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
id have to go with drexon here. his theory is by far the most intelligent and thought out.

id like to hear more from him & the thread author regarding this particular case.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
or you could read the link i've provided and study up on your physics.

pbs' nova is your friend btw.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I've studied up on my physics, and while not taking into consideration that India Daily is the 'Ding Ding World' magazine of UFO news, the article is flawed in so many ways it's not even funny.

First of all it doesn't have any source, at all. Just 'India Daily Technology Team'.. I mean, sorry to curse, but what the heck is that? Second, the article's assuming that we already Know about the 5th dimension, it's like it's not even aware of that it just introduced that to the reader. I could go on and on, but I can tell you one thing, that article has nothing to do with physics. Also, I'm not saying this just to defend my stupid little theory, anyone with half a brain and a 10 page booklet on the theory of relativity can see through the gaping holes that is India Daily's 'Technology Team'.

End of rant. No hard feelings.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
great stuff on this thread....I remember reading about military clothing fitted with cloaking sensors that transmit what the front sees and puts it on the back. really cool concept. I hope this thread leads to more discussion about the sighting.

btw....I became addicted to seeing fractals in nature a few years ago. It can sure drive you batty seeing them everywhere. I get distracted by them and forget what I am doing. Has anyone seen any digital fractal art? good stuff.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I only mentioned a fractal pattern because it could resemble a spiraling galaxy from a distance, I don't quite understand why the two have to be exclusive, I would think chaos mathematics and intertgalactic type of travel would go hand in hand, perhaps the fractal pattern is a by product of the stealth malfunction.

All of this is of course assuming what nataylor saw was a "cloaked" disk shaped object.

I agree with Jani that India daily is right up there with pravda and I'm not quite sure if it should be considered a serious reference.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by boombye
or you could read the link i've provided and study up on your physics.

pbs' nova is your friend btw.
you talk about studying up on physics and watching nova, yet you reference a site like that?

im going to have to go with the other two and agree that india site has no credibilty whatsoever. iow, i wouldnt be surprised if i saw a "batboy found!" article on that site.

also, isnt it a logical fallacy to base youre entire opinion on the assumption that your readers have a knowledge of the other issues you use to support your claim (ie, the 5th dimension)?

[tangent]now im not denying the possiblity of this 5th dimension, but it seems to me the 5th dimension is nothing more than the the existing 4 dimensions combined, or spacetime itself.[/tangent]

[edit on 31-8-2005 by purelogik]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

im going to have to go with the other two and agree that india site has no credibilty whatsoever. iow, i wouldnt be surprised if i saw a "batboy found!" article on that site.

Okay, I know this has nothing to do with the thread but I am actually wearing my BatBoy Daily news t-shirt right now@!

that's very synchronistic funny....at least it is to me.

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
After looking at those fractals, I don't think that's what I saw on the bottom of the object. I also don't think it was a wormhole, because I didn't get any sense of depth from looking at it. It looked totally flat to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join