It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Underground Passages and Bases

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Someone mentioned about the south-east of england,

From my dealings and experiences,
a vast amount of the south-east england's sewer systems are riddled with access points,
Its almost asif it was build for people to live under there,
Very creepy, and that is coming from me

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
There is also one of these weird bunkers visible between Junction 26 and 25 (Southbound) To the Right in the Fields..

Its slightly raised, and you see what looks like a Small Entrance and it has a perimeter fence around it

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
what about the old raf base in faldingworth lincolnshire uk? it is now a weapons test site(which some say was the coruse of the big uk earthquake,which was felt in holland and germany last year).it is masive with a double fence all around with 3ft foot high sensors inbetween the fences.it was used in world war 2 to store nukes so it can with stand a big bang so to speak.so id say there is a huge underground complex under there.have a look on google earth just to see how big it is.... 53.21'15.95n 0.27'03.27w

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

hi Rik,

as you know i used to be in Lincoln until last year, you are defo onto something with this place, i did a fair bit of research into this place and all is not as it seems......

unfort i am now in Portugal so i cant keep up the probing, but i urge other people to look into the place (within the law that is !! )

and rik is right it was directly involved with that very large earthquake.

u2u me for more info .

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

intresting, .. i know bt own and operate every telephone exchange, except for in hull.... all the isp's and other telepphone compaies also have their own data centres ect. my point is which sort of building is it? an exchange or other centre.,?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
hi all so i went to the site.did a bit of filming and within 10mins a van came and stayed at the entrance of the site.when we passed it,it began to follow us as i turned off to the lft it went straight on.as we passed back the site the van was there at the entance again.as we passed it went out the same way(oppasite to the way we was going).we went to try and see where it went but it was no where to be seen.the van had what seemed to have radcliff on it....ive got all this a film(16mins worth) but having probs uploading it to anywhere(if any one can help with this please do then i can put it on here)the place is very strange.i hope to get more footage of this place and get closer to it to get better footage.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hi, i dont know if this has been coverd, but im yet to see anything on it here.
I live in the west of scotland very near one of the 3 opperating royal navy bases, that i'v been told be various sources, stores masses of trident missiles under ground, using miles long underground passage ways going from faslane to coulport to cover and to other places. I don't quite know how far down it goes but i have a friend whos dad works there and has show us an entrance into the base via "glen fruin", a few miles from the base. sorry for bad spelling etc. Get back to me if you would like to know more

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Dont know if its been mentioned but the MoD at filton has a very large underground complex, 3 floors in total underground, i have security access for the next 2 years as i used to work there, top 2 underground areas are open to everyone with my clearence but bottom is closed and only people with very high clearence can access

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by snowgremlin

Yes there is a DUMB under the dam. My dad worked on it back in the 70s. Its also conected to some bunkers under Halifax town center. Another friend said theres a bunker in central Huddersfield. He is a mason and it was a high ranking policeman, who told him about the Bunker in Huddersfield.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Anyone in the north Yorkshire area might want to take a looka round this area!!!

www.subbrit.org.uk...

www.subbrit.org.uk...

www.derelictplaces.co.uk...

Very intresting to see and they are thinking about filling in the entrances very soon this may be your last chance!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Old thread.

But I've lived in Stafford all my life, just across the road from RAF main entrance, where the harrier is.

Growing up we used to get up to all kinds of things on the base. Theirs a playing field near by called cotton fields, we used to play football and lose the ball over the fence. We used to climb the tree bordering the ground, jump the fence, get our ball and walk out the front gates, Security was low.

In my teen we joined the local cadets on the base that gave us free access. We used to go all the time, use the various facilities like the gym, insides football pitches etc. Even had the cheek to ask some guys boxing if we could join in and we did that for years.

The point is we used to free roam around the base a lot doing what kids do. Nothing really of interest on the base other then higher activity at times and seeing all the equipment.

A lot of the big green buildings you talked about used to be empty. We used to steal glow sticks and various bits of equipment from the stores still active.

One time though I must of been 14-15, there is a storage area that used to have a lot of activity with supplies all got closed off with a bit of tape, a lot of construction work. Big hole in the ground & obviously the construction of a bunker of some sort. First time I heard rumours of underground bunkers on the base. There couldn't of been much of it though, its the only time I ever saw construction work going on.

I doubt its heavily linked underground with other places, the whole base was slowly grinding to a halt till the MOD took over. Gurkha's are now based there. If it was a massive munitions hub with underground networks I doubt the MOD and then army infrastructure changes would of happened.

They knocked down huge sections now for military barrack housing.
edit on 25-10-2012 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalDeaf
Has anyone been to Hack Green Nuclear Bunker? i went years ago and i remmeber how there were many passages and deep tunnels blocked off from the public view, they are connected to the main towns around the UK

Been there, done that, got the secret soviet spy mouse.
Most depressing day out with the kids evar......

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by auspegasus

Hi, I think I have found the track at Lulworth you are talking about. 50 37 24 62N 2 13 60W on Google Earth.

It does look by the shadows as if it goes down rather than a tunnel into a hill.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
There is place called Valley Works, near Mold in North Wales which now a nature reserve, funnily enough even though it used to be a Chemical Weapons Dump. There is also a bunker near Nantwich in Cheshire, although not so secret as there are many signposts saying 'Secret Cold War Bunker' :-)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Although it is now known that the Valley Works at Mold, Flintshire, was a WW2 Chemical Weapons facility, it's not common knowledge that the site, also known as the Rhydymwyn Tunnels, also had two proposed TOP SECRET wartime roles during the Cold War years.

In 1963, the Rhydymwyn Tunnels had been given the codename - WELLBRIGHT - and became the proposed wartime location for two important NATO Wartime Agencies: the NATO Oil Executive Board (NOEB) and the NATO Defence Shipping Executive Board (DSEB).

As far as NATO were concerned, both of these Agencies were to be located in wartime at the UK Alternative Central Government War Headquarters (ACGWHQ: codename TURNSTILE) located at Corsham North Wiltshire, but security concerns prevented this.

By 1966, it was proposed that the two NATO Agencies would move to a different wartime location (the former Regional War Room at Cambridge).

Within a year or so, WELLBRIGHT was given a new TOP SECRET wartime role - this time it was to be the wartime destination for the Bank of England Gold Reserve!

This proposal was orginally codenamed MALLARD. This was changed to FOLIUM in 1966. It was planned to evacuate the 'London Gold' from London during the Transition To War (TTW) and store 3,700 tons of gold at the WELLBRIGHT facility. This would be used by surviving PYTHON Group Leaders (a very small number of units of Central Government which were dispersed to protected accommodation sites before a nuclear strike) in order to pay for the urgent resupply of the UK from overseas.

PYTHON Group wartime locations remain highly classified.

By 1979, the FOLIUM plan was abandoned. It is not yet known what wartime role was proposed for the Rhydymwyn Tunnels during the years 1979-1992.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
i live on the south side of anglesey in north wales ,
i live near a forrest , wich for some reason they have closed the road going throught the woods for 6 months ( single track lane that leads to a beach ) in all my 22 years i have never seen the road closed or ever heard of it closing , reading this thread got me thinking , we have 2 bigish war bunkers located in the forrest , as of the pictures in this forum these have since been overgrown with plant life ( last time i checked , posibly up to 2 years ago )
the road closiure signs basicly say that there is construction going on .... but no one in the village knows what exactly they are constructing , ive heard rumors that they are puting up a lightning conductor mast and just paving some areas ,
but hoestly 6 months ....? another thing that bothers me is that there are trucks passing up past my house towards the woods late at night , why at night ? and why so many
once i have the time next week im going to do a little investigating , ill take pictures of these bunker entrances and anything interesting i find ,
i might have just got a little 2 deep into this thread but heeey who knows ! mite even have my own lil area 51 just up the road lol ( ats is starting to get 2 me
)
ill keep u informed when and if i find something

rascal
edit on 7-12-2012 by RascalTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

Hi there they big instalation this pull over and there straight out to ya there's more security here than area 51

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RascalTruthSeeker
another thing that bothers me is that there are trucks passing up past my house towards the woods late at night , why at night ? and why so many

It's probably a vampire blood farm.
Have you seen Sam Neill around lately?
Just saying...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have been down the former ww2 western approaches bunker in Liverpool when they were opened up to the public in the early 1990s. Met an elderly woman who burst into tears and it transpired she had worked there during the war. I guess seeing the place again and having to have kept it secret all those years must have overwhelmed her. Anyhow I am sure that is much more underneath Liverpool than we will ever be told about. It does however go someway to explaining why the Nazis bombed Liverpool so intensively, they knew something was there.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I have found the website for the bunker

www.liverpoolwarmuseum.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join