It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Underground Passages and Bases

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hello!! good to see some intrest in this thread, sorry i havent posted for what seems like years :-P dude to the bands album being done.

In responce to "sandon" being the entrance, i belive it's the Sandon in staffordshire, also i shopuld hopfully get some photos of what looks like a a Entrance to somthing underground. i shal post it asap!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrix 333
does anyone know if there is any secret underground bases near Thornaby/Middlesbrough (UK) these places are south from Newcastle or and were exactly is the base at Ouston newcastle? i will send in sum pic if i know were it is..

My first post on here in ages !

Can't help you with any stuff in the Middesbrough area, Matrix, but here's some info on Ouston, in Northumberland. I hope it helps.

Ouston

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Having served with the Army in the late 70's and 80's I can say a big YES to there being very large underground bases, and not so large bases here in the UK. I’ve seen some with my own eyes and spent several days in them, as to location I am unable to give it as most of the time these bases were so secretive about their location they only allowed us in, in closed vans from the outside they looked like normal tinted windowed van but inside they had coverings over them and there was a bulkhead to stop us seeing forward. Some of these bases went down as many as 15 floors and there was one that went even further but we weren’t allowed down there.

As to them being interconected I couldn't say

[edit on 8-2-2006 by dragoonrider1999]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
hmmm i believe somewhere in teletubbby land there is an underground passage leading to some unknown magical place called balamory i have not yet witnessed suck a secret portal but i have come accross some strage inhabitants eg.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalDeaf
Hello all

Just believed we should get some more info on the UK side of Secret Facilities.

I live in staffordshire and its well known fact that RAF Stafford (Surposed Supply Dept.) has a vast undergound passage way connecting it through to other bases all accross the UK. as for Fact i have witnessed 2 soildiers coming out of the ground as it appeared, on the Staffs Moors.

Photos of the building coming as soon as i go bk up there.

but anyway anyone else wish to add to the base list?

(cheers this is my first post so hello all)

[edit on 30-8-2005 by PrimalDeaf]

Oh really, it's a 'well-known fact'? Why make silly statements like that? Are you just trying to add a bit more validity to your own belief that "RAF Stafford (Surposed Supply Dept.) has a vast undergound passage way connecting it through to other bases all accross the UK"?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
i was walking and i came across this underground building
[url=http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=rochdale&ll=53.618178,-2.096082&spn=0.001699,0.008326&t=k]
it as no signs on the fence but it is very high

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think it is wrong to call them *secret*

Large numbers of people know they exist whether that being military or civilian. I mean the amount of info given on this thread alone proves otherwise.
Many bunkers were built during the Cold War to house missiles and to provide security to politico's and Military leaders. This I believe to be perfectly acceptable.
Many of the military bases in Northern Ireland have underground bunkers (whether NATO or British army)
I find a large labrinyth of interconnecting tunnels far fetched but tunnels connecting individual bases in close proximity believable and normal for security reasons.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
i have been trying to find out what it is. cant find any information on it
its down some country roads near to two farms

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
ps sorry about the address i cant do links

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Thought i'd update this thread with a bit of news on the underground base topic - Wiltshire was mentioned very early on in the thread and I just wanted to let you all know that recently the area has gone up for sale!

Found a link to this on the Sunday Times website so thought i'd post it here - sounds like something out of a film, an entire underground city!

Maybe all the ATS members can chip in together and we'll all live down there

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Jimbowsk

(still undecided as to what to have for signature...)

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
call me stupid, but isnt the whole idea of secret bases and passage ways is that they remain a secret. probly why there is hardly any information on them.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
im sure you guys would like this thread i just started

ATS Thread

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You may all be interested in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
Thought i'd update this thread with a bit of news on the underground base topic - Wiltshire was mentioned very early on in the thread and I just wanted to let you all know that recently the area has gone up for sale!

Found a link to this on the Sunday Times website so thought i'd post it here - sounds like something out of a film, an entire underground city!

Maybe all the ATS members can chip in together and we'll all live down there

www.timesonline.co.uk...

A recently declassified, and very detailed, map of this enormous UK Government nuclear bunker, can be found at -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

zero lift

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by castlesonair

I did an exercise at HMNB Clyde.

HM Naval Base Clyde, at Faslane, some 25 miles north west of Glasgow, is home to the United Kingdom's strategic nuclear deterrent and the headquarters of the Royal Navy in Scotland.

I was very young in junior leader's to be exact. But i remember we went up onto the hills for a week.

We dug in for the first night in some wooded area above a valley.

Now the reason i remember this area is one of our role's was to observe this one area.

This place was wierd it was in the base of the valley and all up the side's were these odd bunker's.

Dug into the mountain if you will.

What made it even more odd was the fact that every so often a loud speaker would sound that would echo thru the valley.

This would be followed by a voice and i can not for the life in me remember what this voice was saying but is was bizzare.

I class this place as being even more bizzare than porton down. And i have spent a great deal of time there.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 13-12-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by auspegasus

Hi

I live in this neck of woods and if the train track you are thinking of is the same as the one i'm thinking of it is nothing more sinister than a target railway, targets are shuttled along the 100m track by small locos which disapear into a 'tunnel' shelter when moving targets are not required to protect them from other range activities.

as far as i know, and thats quite a long way as i have friends and relatives in the forces who have been stationed at the bovington tank base, what you see is what you get as far as lulworth goes. the only thing of interest is that there are a couple of medium size (apparently designed for about 50 people) domestic fall out shelters with the basements of buildings on the barrack sites. these are not true nuclear bunkers and will not withstand anything much but will protect from the effects of distant fall out (say if london had a cold war era bomb dropped on it you would probably be ok in these sorts of bunkers) they have provisions and air scrubbers but not a lot else.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rat256

hi there,

when you say it would withstand the fallout from a coldwar era bomb on London, Do you know any info on the effects of a modern era bomb would be ??

thanks

[edit on 8-1-2008 by snoopyuk]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

I've had a chat with a very good friend of mine who untill a few years ago worked for the atomic energy authority (shes now a private consultant) and whilst she doesn't make bombs, and never has made bombs, she is an expert in dealing with the after effects of nuclear accidents, as such she has a professional interest in knowing what the effects of a modern nuclear strike might be.

she gives your chances in the bunker in question as being:

"at that distance from the blast centre, not better than 60/40 in your favour for 2 reasons.
1) the concrete structure of a 1950/60s era bunker is almost certainly in dubious order and may not be resistant to
a) the effects of the primary blast on the surface and
b) not resistant to the additional seismic effects.
2) it has been shown that modern nuclear weapons produce radioactive dust many times finer than previously thought. There are no filters/scrubbers resistant to ingress by this material, in fact there is a great likelihood that many supposedly sealed recirculating systems are not resistant to this material either"

She points out that air handlers with any chance of working correctly are almost exclusively reserved for utterly critical military applications and are not applied to the sort of shelter we are dealing with here. to the best of her knowledge there are no commercially available systems which would provide adequate protection.

Apparently she gets asked questions like this quite a lot by rich people trying to rid themselves of several million pounds by building a bunker to write off against tax!

(if I wasn't who I am to her, this information would have cost about £600!)

;0)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rat256

you sir , are a major star !!!

many many thanks for this info, and please thank your friend.

i have given you a star and added you as a friend.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Wow thats very intresting can we get a survvilance video if I may ask can we get a panorama view of the soldier entering and exiting heres a good gear website

www.spyworld.com... is a covert camera weather proof bravo for whoever created this I love it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join