It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Underground Passages and Bases

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hello all

Just believed we should get some more info on the UK side of Secret Facilities.

I live in staffordshire and its well known fact that RAF Stafford (Surposed Supply Dept.) has a vast undergound passage way connecting it through to other bases all accross the UK. as for Fact i have witnessed 2 soildiers coming out of the ground as it appeared, on the Staffs Moors.

Photos of the building coming as soon as i go bk up there.

but anyway anyone else wish to add to the base list?

(cheers this is my first post so hello all)

[edit on 30-8-2005 by PrimalDeaf]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hi, Dont know if i should be saying this but as an ex serving military person i can guarantee a big underground base as ive seen it with my own eyes. Im unsure as to mention the exact details due to official secrets act but all i will say is "Ouston" near newcastle

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
One of the largest UK underground Government facilities is located underneath Corsham, north Wiltshire.

Part of the site was used as the emergency wartime Central Government Headquarters, capable of housing 3,750 Government workers in a protected underground environment.

The underground Central Government Headquarters went by many codenames during the early part of the Cold War: STOCKWELL- BURLINGTON- TURNSTILE.

See ATS thread

Former Secret UK Government War HQ Pics: Burlington Declassified

zero lift

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Anyone know of anywhere like this in the South East?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by fanthorpe
Anyone know of anywhere like this in the South East?

Kelvedon in Essex has a secret bunker. I've seen signs for it but have never been there.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Scotland's secret bunker, too

And there's this:

RAF Shipton SE550590 A WW1 airfield which was re-activated in WW2 as a base for No 60 Maintenance Unit which collected the remains of crashed aircraft from a wide area. The site closed in 1946. A nuclear-bomb proof underground Sector Operations Centre was built here in the early 1950s and this later became SRHQ21, a top-secret government bunker which remained in use until 1991.

(which I found here)

This might be of interest, too (an A-Z listing of fortifications, including bunkers)

There were always rumours of a government bunker system underneath both the Seal Sands and main Train Station areas of Hartlepool, when I was a kid - to date, I'm unable to find anything actually verifying these...

But I'm still looking

I also found images of this disused bunker which is in the north-east, and another here .

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Looking forward to the pics and more details. And I thought the post would be someone looking for information on bases.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
as soon as i get the time as im in full time work.

Anyone who drives along the roads to stafford can see the huge green buildings. Dont be expect me to try and get in or underground, but ill post the outer buildings

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I suspect that most major military facilities here have underground facilities. I'm not sure how feasable it is to have them all connected by a tunnel network - after all, how much work did it take to create the Channel Tunnel?

RAF Stafford is the main logistical base for the air force, so it would make sense that if there were interconnected underground facilities, then Stafford would quite likely be a hub in that network. During the cold war, RAF Stafford housed a good deal of our nuclear warheads, so it was of additional importance there.

I know that there is an underground facility at RAF Boulmer in the north east of England. I've been in it, its under a hill within the grounds of the base. Its purpose was/is to act as a control centre for the air force in the event of a nuclear war. Its purpose and location are not classified though, but it is pretty cool.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Paul]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Has anyone been to Hack Green Nuclear Bunker? i went years ago and i remmeber how there were many passages and deep tunnels blocked off from the public view, they are connected to the main towns around the UK

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I live in Scotland and over the last decade I have heard consistent rumours that there exists a tunnel for submarines and the Army which apparently resides within the Highlands, it was said to join Dunoon up with the North Coast and the West and East Coasts, it may exist as a paranoid meme that gets passed on, but it was rumoured to have got built post WW2 as for Cold War Ops. Would anyone have any foresight on this or does this seem like a Friend of a Friend mythic tale that gets passed around from village to village to town to city?

I once went to a rave near Porton Down in Wiltshire, it was quite freaky we had to navigate our way through disclosed tank trails to get there, where the tanks trained and no public were allowed there. It was a Mansion, it was immense, people went in there and it was like a Panopticon where underneath the Ground Floor there was rooms that you could see, like vivisection labs or testing labs or wierd cells.

This freaked me out as I had read ample enough information on the nefarious goings on at Porton Down, especially with the Influenza and Biowarfare tests and '___' tests that have only resurfaced due to the 50 year Freedom of Information Act. This act seems so silly compared to the Americans, of course all top secret need to know info will get well shredded.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure that there is a labyrinth of tunnels connecting all the UK military bases through out the UK.

I do know of certain areas that have underground bunkers, with a network of tunnels that run for miles.
There is one of these in my village. It is used by a major telephone company at the moment(not BT), but three years ago, one of the "tunnels" collapsed revealing the "secret" it once held. No one knew these existed until then. Apparently, going by local history, they were used during WW2, but there is nothing to back this up either on the NET, or in the local libraries.
All we have to go on is hearsay from some of the older members of our village who served in WW2.
Still, it makes for interesting discussion over a pint or two.
edit for location..West Yorkshire

[edit on 10-9-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
www.subbrit.org.uk... has a lot of info on disused bunkers

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

There is one of these in my village. It is used by a major telephone company at the moment(not BT),

Bikereddie, I work for a "major telephone company" and was wandering where your village was? If you dont want to give out your locale, thats cool, just interested and maybe it is my company that is there..might be able to shed some more light on it.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Director
www.subbrit.org.uk... has a lot of info on disused bunkers

Great find!

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i was looking for bases/tunnels near were i live and came across this
www.ufomagazine.co.uk/Mysterious_Scammonden.asp don`t know if i belive it but i will be going taking a look soon

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheObserver
Kelvedon in Essex has a secret bunker. I've seen signs for it but have never been there.

The Kelvedon Hatch bunker is great, it's a really good day out.
It's three floors all underground accessible through a small bungalow on the surface.
It's quite cheap and fully restored complete with atmospheric sound effects.
Worth a visit if you are in the area, follow the signs for "Secret Nuclear Bunker".

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There is a village called Hendre outside Mold, North Wales, you can see the top half of the underground building from the road where they tested germ warfare there in the cold war. The rumour is its still contaminated.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questioneverything
There is a village called Hendre outside Mold, North Wales, you can see the top half of the underground building from the road where they tested germ warfare there in the cold war. The rumour is its still contaminated.

That'd be easy enough to validate (or disprove) - you wouldn't happen to have anything to corroborate this?

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
I'm not sure that there is a labyrinth of tunnels connecting all the UK military bases through out the UK.

I do know of certain areas that have underground bunkers, with a network of tunnels that run for miles.
There is one of these in my village. It is used by a major telephone company at the moment(not BT), but three years ago, one of the "tunnels" collapsed revealing the "secret" it once held. No one knew these existed until then. Apparently, going by local history, they were used during WW2, but there is nothing to back this up either on the NET, or in the local libraries.
All we have to go on is hearsay from some of the older members of our village who served in WW2.
Still, it makes for interesting discussion over a pint or two.
edit for location..West Yorkshire

[edit on 10-9-2005 by Bikereddie]

Where is this place please?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join