It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peggy Kane - Reverse Recordings

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reverse speech interpretation is purely objective. i played a clip from led zepplin's stairway to heaven backwards. and when u read the text that was interpreted when it was played backwards, sure it sounds exactly like it. but when I played it for someone else with no text for them to read, they didn't hear what i heard.
reverse speech isnt concrete or a reliable science.

www.albinoblacksheep.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
(fwiw, Sherry Shriner is female - not a "he").

Sherry Shriner is a man.
He's the one doing the interview..
Second or third time saying this now.
Peggy Kane is the woman.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logical_Psycho

Sherry Shriner is a man.

No, no he's really not.

Wiki is your friend

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by enrage
reverse speech interpretation is purely objective. i played a clip from led zepplin's stairway to heaven backwards. and when u read the text that was interpreted when it was played backwards, sure it sounds exactly like it. but when I played it for someone else with no text for them to read, they didn't hear what i heard.

Ah now I get it

Does anyone have a program where I can play stuff backwards ?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Um I downloaded the interview and here its Alex Merklinger the guy that interview`s the woman Peggy Kane .....

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Obligatory skepdic reference on reverse speech

Not to make light of this topic, but this part did make me laugh:

Nevertheless, Mr. Oates gives some specific examples of how his theory works. For example, he claims that when Bill Clinton says "I try to articulate my position as clearly as possible" he really means "She's a fun girl to kiss."

You know, given that it's Clinton...

And thanks for confirming that Sherry is in fact female

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
But who is sherry ? There is no on on the interview so far after 1 hour 38 min that is named sherry . Only Alex and Peggy.....

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sorry.

Sherry Shriner, born 1965, is an unorthodox Christian internet evangelist, Conspiracy theorist and orgone advocate.

(According to Wiki, anyway)

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Im with Rasputin on this and I think I will give it a miss.

So many really silly posts are on here nowadays as it is.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gamerman
But who is sherry ? There is no on on the interview so far after 1 hour 38 min that is named sherry . Only Alex and Peggy.....

She is the owner of the website that the interview is hosted from.

Sherry Shriner
Sherry's Other Sites

Misfit

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Oh thanks , hehe I dident know what the """" you guys where talking about

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Does anyone know a program where I can play a song or something in reverse ?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The link in the original post of this thread was the interview of Peggy Kane by Alex Merklinger, there is, however, another interview of Peggy by Sherry Shriner which is 2 hrs long. I listened to both interviews last night and must say it is interesting to listen to.

The theory in her reverse speech research, is that while a person is talking, what they are thinking while talking is being said in reverse. So lets say a good friend comes up to you and asks for your honest opinion on something. But you know if you told him/her the truth, that he/she would be upset with you, so you tell a lie and support the person. So while you are talking white lies to this person, the mind is thinking how you really feel about the matter and this is what is revealed by reversing the speech. At least that is the theory, would be interesting to try out though.

I believe Peggy said she was a professional Voice Analasyst (sp), the title of her being a professional at Reverse Speech was given to her by the interviewers, for the many hours that she had put into it. She says she has over 170 hrs of Reverse Speech recorded and is constantly recording people that she is tallking to so she can check them out in reverse.

What was interesting in the Peggy/Sherry interview was how the Reverse Speech tied into the Bible Codes. In the Peggy/Alex interview, you could hear the fear in her voice and in Alex's voice after awhile.

I am not sure if I truely believe in what she was hearing but for now I am going to keep an open mind to it. If the natural disasters start happening at the start of the year, like she is saying then I might think twice about finding a place to hide.

JWB

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Cool story, but I don't buy it. Reverse speech my arse.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
>Does anyone know a program where I can play a
>song or something in reverse ?

Try windows sound recorder. Depending on your version of windows, it will probably be on your program menu somewhere under accessories. Or go to Start menu, run and type:

sndrec32.exe

Open up the file you'd like to play, then go to "Effects" and select "Reverse."

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
i would believe her more of the recordings of the host, if she played the clip in context because if it's seperate, they can do something which will make it accurate to what the sentence is.

[edit on 30-8-2005 by Vinci]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Yeah it's one of those things where it CAN be used but i dare say most of the examples given are grasping at straws to try and find a message. Music is different thou i guess as it could be used if pre-meditated (like the Wierd Al example in the link below).

Check this site out:
jeffmilner.com...

Imagine by John Lennon:
"Imagine all the people.." = "The people war beside me"

My Name Is.. by Eminem
"My Name is... My name is..." = "It's Eminem, It's Eminem"

*My favourite - and probably a true example, haha*
Pokemon Rap
"Gotta catch them all, gotta catch them all" = "I love Satan, I love Satan"

Some seem easy to hear, some you have trouble even with the words there.

I think there's something to reverse speech, especially in children learning to talk but in the wrong hands and with people keen to hear what they want to hear, it can be a dicey example of proof to say the least.

I personally didn't hear anything of worth in the examples given in that radio interview and some of their other points seemed to be way way off base. Self proclaimed experts are usually wrong.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logical_Psycho

Sherry Shriner is a man.

No, no he's really not.

Wiki is your friend

Okay.

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Yeah it's one of those things where it CAN be used but i dare say most of the examples given are grasping at straws to try and find a message. Music is different thou i guess as it could be used if pre-meditated (like the Wierd Al example in the link below).

Check this site out:
jeffmilner.com...

Imagine by John Lennon:
"Imagine all the people.." = "The people war beside me"

My Name Is.. by Eminem
"My Name is... My name is..." = "It's Eminem, It's Eminem"

*My favourite - and probably a true example, haha*
Pokemon Rap
"Gotta catch them all, gotta catch them all" = "I love Satan, I love Satan"

Some seem easy to hear, some you have trouble even with the words there.

I think there's something to reverse speech, especially in children learning to talk but in the wrong hands and with people keen to hear what they want to hear, it can be a dicey example of proof to say the least.

I personally didn't hear anything of worth in the examples given in that radio interview and some of their other points seemed to be way way off base. Self proclaimed experts are usually wrong.

At the end of the interview they say Peggy will be coming back with more audio examples of what she's been hearing.
You can listen here:
www.sherrytalkradio.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatAncientWhiteDragonWhat was interesting in the Peggy/Sherry interview was how the Reverse Speech tied into the Bible Codes. In the Peggy/Alex interview, you could hear the fear in her voice and in Alex's voice after awhile.

Yes, especially when she talks about the countless audio where she hears people screaming for help.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
(I knew those Pokemon things were up to no good. Dang)

(And I can't believe how much time I've spent in the past 48 hours listening to reversed recordings, looking for UFOs outside and trying to find stickers on the back of road signs. I really need a life)

Alrighty.

There are maybe two examples which actually sound like there's something solid there when you listen to the reserved recording; this excludes tracks where the artists have aluded or directly admitted to playing around with the soundtrack.

I realise this is completely subjective, so...yeah. Very simply though, I'm just not hearing what these good folk are saying they are hearing.

My exhusband produced a local band some years ago, and had more than a little experience with the entire process (unlike me. I'm just going by what my delicate little ears tell me...or what I think they're telling me anyway), and came to roughly the same conclusion.

That being:

If you listen hard enough, you can "hear" many things in reverse recordings. If you're looking for a particular phrase, you're more likely to hear that too, if only because you're already aware of what you're looking for.

It just didn't happen for me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join