It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop using oil from Venezuela and Arabia.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It is time for the US to stop using oil from Venezuela and Arabia.

www.eere.energy.gov...

Currently, Canadian oil sands provide 10% of our oil needs but could be ramped up to provide 100% through existing pipelines.

www.growley.com...
www.geotimes.org...

But the Chinese may lock us out of that source if we fail to act now.

www.iags.org...

Shale oil could be an even more important source. Production costs for oil sand oil are hovering around $20/ barrel while shale oil can cost half as much to produce – if Green Peace and the other environmental whackos can be dealt with.

www.worldoil.com...

And then there is biomass. This is also a cure for overflowing landfills, stinky hog farms and other environmental problems.

www.energyquest.ca.gov...
en.wikipedia.org...

Ox

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
You know.. I was just reading Yahoo! news and it read that Oil had topped $67 a barrel.. ok.. IT'S OIL!!.. geez.. What is going to happen? the economy is going to get flushed.. No one will have transportation to work cause they cant afford gas, No gas, no car, no car, no work, no work, no home, economy.. simple equation.. Something needs to be done..

And .. if it means lower gas prices I dont care if they drill through the skull of a sea lion! And I'm about as liberal as anyone gets (im joking, before I get berrated)

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
And .. if it means lower gas prices I dont care if they drill through the skull of a sea lion!

Hehe I'm with you on that...let's get er done!

Ox

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You know I can understand more than anyone that conservation is important.. But.. Here's my question and If anyone has an answer to this please post or U2U me with it.. We are capable of producing synthetic oil.. but not using this oil for gas? just plastics? Something tells me that's a big bowl of hokey crap.. Gas can be produced from lower grades of oil and cars will run on it.. Oh.. OR!.. here's a bright idea... ETHANOL! it burns cleaner and better than gasoline, and it's a re-occuring natural resource!.. But would the people in power let something unregulated like that ever happen? No.. probably not.. the world needs to come to grips with the crap its being fed and stand up for itself.. we all need to stop being mushrooms, Kept in the dark and fed crap..

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Actually, gasoline has been produced from oil shale hubbert.mines.edu/news/Youngquist_98-4.pdf
It was just considered too expensive when petroleum oil could be produced at $4/ barrel (the same as today) and a barrel of light shale crude cost $10+. The cracking process is the same.

For conspiracy lovers, check out www.himacresearch.com...

Ethanol has to be mixed with gasoline. There are two blends available: Gasahol oaspub.epa.gov... and E85 www.enn.com... . Only E85 offers significant savings but it can only be used in a few vehicles.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by knives4less
It is time for the US to stop using oil from Venezuela and Arabia.

Do you honestly think President Bush would sever economic ties with Saudi Arabia. They have been very cozy since the prescott days.
I think the chances of us not buying Venezuelan is also remote. Big oil dosen't care about our petty political bickering.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Between cow manure and corn [ie: ethenol and E85], the US could quite easily remove, pending that the US government cracked down, demanded, and made US automakers build all vehicles ethenol usable, etc., Venezuela and Saudi Arabia as oil factors in respect to the US.

seekerof

[edit on 24-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by knives4less
if Green Peace and the other environmental whackos can be dealt with.

And there lies the major problem, here in California they were wanted to ban fishing becuase it hurts the fish! Them ol nasty hooks actually hurt them little critters.

When we solve the enviro-wacko problem, we could get off foreign oil.

BTW they are working on the shale oil now, that part of Colorado is BOOMING!

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
whats with the pat roberson anti venezula movement thats goin around?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

That there idea would put a lot of pressure on Canada. Do they have the man power or money to do this?

We could rvert back to using 150 octane rather than this expensive 89 crap. Oil based power plants cost more to buy per kilowatt than nuclear. Tapping the Arctic is a great idea, but someone needs to teach them hippies what private property is.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think Canadian oil sands and US oil Shale should be exploited as soon as possible.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I think Canadian oil sands and US oil Shale should be exploited as soon as possible.

Exploited as in, take Canadas resources as cheaply as possible?

Canada already provides the largest portion of the United States oil supply.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
No I mean RAMP it up to make North American self suffient in oil.

No offense but the Canadians dont have he resources to develop it on the scale that is needed.

[edit on 25-8-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think that's why Cheney is visiting us soon, isn't it?

The oilsands projects are private projects, not national ones. All the US needs to do is whip out the chequebook and we'll quite happily employ people and create new tax dollars.
Oh yeah, and you'll get some oil.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
No I mean RAMP it up to make North American self suffient in oil.

No offense but the Canadians dont have he resources to develop it on the scale that is needed.

[edit on 25-8-2005 by edsinger]

Canada is self sufficient with its oil supply.

Why should we help the United States except for money. Its up to our country to make those decisions.

How do you know we dont have the resources to develop oil on a larger scale...

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Why should we help the United States except for money.

Need you ask such?
Seems pretty self-evident as to why Canada and the US should help each other, Dulcimer. Don't let your hate or whatever you wish to call it get in the way of rational thought.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Why should we help the United States except for money.

Need you ask such?
Seems pretty self-evident as to why Canada and the US should help each other, Dulcimer. Don't let your hate or whatever you wish to call it get in the way of rational thought.

seekerof

My thoughts come from the recent trade war developing between the nations. The United States obviously does not play by the rules when it comes to such things. Its amazing we have not intervened before.

The United States owes us 5 Billion of lumber money alone. Imagine what will happen if oil production increased to meet the demand of lost sources in the middle east.

Its NO small issue.

[edit on 25-8-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
And so Canada increases its oil supply to aid the US. How long does it last? When does the US decide they do not have an unequivocal right to our oil, the next amendment to te energy bill? What happens after we feed 300 million non-Canadian people having 2.5 cars per family of 2, their humvees and their gas guzzling Chryslers for 10 years and China too and the wells run dry? Then what?

The answer is not to turn to the outside help but to the heart of the issue and the necessity for internal remedies.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
You whine over $5 billion while the US and Canada participate in trade each day which amounts to nearly $1 billion traded? C'mon, give me a break Dulcimer.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Canada may consider looking after Canada first and Britain second concerning Canada's oil reserves. After that well there a lot of places oil is needed. Those Countries that promote peace and goodwill being the first on Canada's list I would think.

Dallas

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join