The price of Gas is determined for the most part by:
1) The spot price of Oil per Barrel on the Futures Market.
2) The cost of shipping and refining raw petroleum.
3) Federal and State Taxes levied per Gallon of Gas in the U.S.
4) Profit Margin - the percentage of profit that Petroleum Processors can get.
The price of fuel is NOT determined by:
1) The Government (except by using a price freeze).
2) You, Me and civil actions/protests.
The ability to process petroleum in quantity is governed by:
1) The Petroleum processors - only the petroleum processors.
2) The condition of current petroleum craking facilities.
3) The ability to build and finance new petroleum processing plants.
The ability to process petroleum in quantity is not determined by:
1) The Government (except in the case of governemtn controlled oil cooperatives.)
2) The people - you, me and uncle Fred.
Don't like driving back and forth to work everyday in your SUV at 6mpg?
Buy a motor scooter
, they average 30mpg and some
will even get up to 98mph AND are legal even in California.
Don't like the cost of fuel? Adapt, Overcome.
USA = nation of whiners and blame placers, I am disgusted.