It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Imperialism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
5: The American empire reigns over 250 million people within the continental borders alone. This excess of population is governed by not even .1% of its population. (debaring voting, usually a choice between either democrasy or republic, both of which are capitolistic.)

4: American leaders have reigned in over 80 IGO's (Intergovernmental Organizations.) At least read first paragraph..
"The United States continues to use IGOs to “lock in” stability and long-term foreign-policy goals." Hence raising the empiric qualities.

3: American corperations and politics own the top three largest International Financial 'Institutions' known by human kind. World Bank, WTO, and International Monetary Fund. Of which the own majority of all currency in the world.

2: Many people in the world hate the United States' way of life and in many lands this democratic way of life is being pushed in causing much friction. Most global terrorism is martrydom to protest the 'infidelity' of our culture being imposed unto them. "The United States has found that even after the end of World Wars and the Cold War, ethnic and religious conflicts, along with global terrorism present problems for the “new world order.”" -Steven W. Hook, U.S. Foreign Policy, Chap. 2.

1: The number one reason America is concidered Imperialistic is the fact that it is a fascism, the only choice you get by voting is, what topics the fascist corperate sponsered administration will focus some of the peoples taxes on. Its not left liberal conspiracy and perhaps is not a threat, however, we are ruled under a fascism, communism, despotism, capitalism, corperatism, and are all organized. We are the most powerful nation in the world and are mass expansive hence we are Imperialistic.

Definitive proof: Fascism. Imperialism. Capitalism. D- In History?

[edit on 20-8-2005 by PsychevolvedApe]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by evanfitz
Well the phillipines never became a US STate.

Right!

Your thinking of a dictatorship, similar to Stalin and Hitler. Bush maybe a little jumpy and has a great love for the word "freedom", but he doesn't compare to former dictators.

Its a very confusing political process, democracy is far far away from a dicatatorship.

No, i mean the "goodness" or "evilness" of an empire depends on the person that is perceiveing it, such as you and me and not the leader of the empire. I do believe that empire is not necessariliy equal to "evil".

Yes bush does not compare to hitler and stalin. Who is better depends again on the person perceiving it.

Yes democracy is different from dictatorship. Which is better depends again on the person perceiving it.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Yep, those third world countries need some work, or else that 30,000 children per year may raise.

And US Military Contractors AKA the WarProfiteers needs to make some Profit on other peoples Deaths right?

Face it - US is a Military Empire, with Economy based on Military Contractors - without Wars and preparations for Wars and without an Arch Enemy, the US Economy as it is, can just Collapse.

Al Qaeda has more soldiers on foriegn land than the US has in its entire military. So in todays world, the terrorist are imperialist.

Well the US Created Al-Qaeda as the Weapon against the "Evil-Soviet-Empire".

Guess what - this Weapon turned against its Creator - but Why?

Because its an Anti-Empire Weapon and the only Empire I see standing today is the American.

Now, where did Iraq come into all of this???
I was talking about Al Qaeda.

If you forgot, we are talking about War in Iraq and how this move by the US is an Imperialistc move. Since 9-11, when this alleged "War on Terrorism" started, the International Terrorism is Rising, and I don't mean just downtown Baghdad: check out Madrid, London, Egypt, Russia, Bangladesh these days. Are they Safe? Is there LESS Terrorism?

So HOW Exactly is War on Terrorism DECREASING International Terrorism?

Would you rather it be vise-versa? The Afghan war played a good a portion of the downfall of the murderous Soviet dictatorship (imperial government as you would call it).

The US and ex-Soviet Empire have ALOT more Incommon then you think...

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
AS many times as I have been laughing til my sides hurt when Seekerof has flamed your one sided propoganda war, I still must give you credit SIR SOULJAH. You are focused on your little war on reality.

I thank GOD I am bless with Sanity........

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticSanity
AS many times as I have been laughing til my sides hurt when Seekerof has flamed your one sided propoganda war, I still must give you credit SIR SOULJAH. You are focused on your little war on reality.

I thank GOD I am bless with Sanity........

Do you have a Commen or an Opinion regarding the Topic of this Thread?

I suggest you do a little reality check and open up your eyes and try to see through the lies.

[edit on 21/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
O.K, I have taken the time to read your posts and the post of other Members here.

Interesting as I find your theories usually are. However, what I would like to know is how would you go about stopping Terrorism. Certainly you can't feel it would mean stopping the war on Insurgency in Iraq? Or the war on terror elswhere? That would be giving in I'd think.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Now theirs no Al Qaeda nor Taliban in Afghanistan.

No taliban in Afghanistan? Thats funny because

The future of the Taliban is unclear. While many of the Taliban's most radical leaders and supporters were killed, taken prisoner, or fled the country, many former Taliban returned to their homes and continue to work for the Taliban's goals. Moreover, while moderate Taliban leaders may re-emerge on the political landscape representing religious, ethnic, or regional factions, some Taliban have chosen to fight the new government.

link

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

O.K, I have taken the time to read your posts and the post of other Members here.

Interesting as I find your theories usually are. However, what I would like to know is how would you go about stopping Terrorism. Certainly you can't feel it would mean stopping the war on Insurgency in Iraq? Or the war on terror elswhere? That would be giving in I'd think.

First and Most Important Step in Fighting Terrorism:

Stop PARTICIPATING in IT!!!

And the US breaks that important rule and the fundamental step in all of its essence. How can you fight Terror if you are sponsoring Terrorists throught the Globe? How can you fight Terror if you are using the same dirty techniques as the "Terrorists"? Some people will say: "If you gotta Fight, Fight Dirty!" - and then expect the opponent to fight Even More Dirty back at you.

Stop Terrorism?

Stop the Illegal Occupations.

Stop the Illegal Prison Camps.

Stop the Illegal Abductions.

Stop the Illegal Abusement and Torture.

Stop the Illegal Secret Intelligence Operations.

But that's not gonna happen, because the War Machine must be "Oiled" to work properly, if you know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by Souljah
There you go - a Graphic Image of American Empire.

The world will be truly safe, free, democratic and provide equal rights when that map is all red Souljah.

Dont you think the goals are all based on keeping economic superiority, not morals and compassion for othe human beings????(what cave have you beeen living in?)

Oh my god, in this age with all information is up for the taking , people still stick their head in the sand while its so blatent obvious.
Stupid americans who think that their countries power will benefit them aswell, wake up for christ sake.Only the ultra rich get richer not the normal man.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I would just like to know that if we are in iraq for only oil, and we are supposedly benefiting from this, why is gasoline $2.60/gal?

[edit on 21-8-2005 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek

Now theirs no Al Qaeda nor Taliban in Afghanistan.

No taliban in Afghanistan? Thats funny because

The future of the Taliban is unclear. While many of the Taliban's most radical leaders and supporters were killed, taken prisoner, or fled the country, many former Taliban returned to their homes and continue to work for the Taliban's goals. Moreover, while moderate Taliban leaders may re-emerge on the political landscape representing religious, ethnic, or regional factions, some Taliban have chosen to fight the new government.

link

Samething could be said with Nazis. Of course their are small cells, but what I was referring to was political power. You can never fully rid a government from the people.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
I would just like to know that if we are in iraq for only oil, and we are supposedly benefiting from this, why is gasoline $2.60/gal?

You're being Silly.

You and I and the Majority of the population of this Planet are the "Small People" - the ones who Pay the Price for the "Big Man". We work all our lives to pay for a roof over our heads and for a car to drive around with. We don't own big bad corporations. We don't own alot of stocks and can influence the stock market. We don't have the Money for that. But we will have to pay the higher price for gasoline. We won't profit from this war.

The ONES who profit from this high gasoline prices already have alot of Money, but now they are going to have Whole Lot More!

We - the Small People - are in this Boat Togather.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

And US Military Contractors AKA the WarProfiteers needs to make some Profit on other peoples Deaths right?

Who doesn't??

Face it - US is a Military Empire, with Economy based on Military Contractors - without Wars and preparations for Wars and without an Arch Enemy, the US Economy as it is, can just Collapse.

BS, pure BS. Maybe war makes money but we dont rely on war for it. You seriously dont understand how many people work for the government.

Well the US Created Al-Qaeda as the Weapon against the "Evil-Soviet-Empire".

Once again you ignore my posts.

The US funded the Mujhadeen resistance fighters against the Soviet Invasion. Simliar to the Soviets funded the NVA or VC. You seem a bit upset that the Soviets pulled out. Ah yes a Communist Afghanistan would have been the beaken of hope and light for its people.

Guess what - this Weapon turned against its Creator - but Why?

Former supporter, but Al Qaeda wasn't created till 1988 by Osama.
Why is Al Qaeda attacking the US??

After the Soviet union withdrew from Afghanistan, Osama bin Laden returned to Saudi Arabia, while training operations in Afghanistan continued. Once the gulf war began, Saudi Arabia appeared to be under a very real threat of invasion from Iraqi forces. He offered the services of his mujahideen (holy warriors) to protect the Saudi Arabia from the Iraqi army. After careful deliberation the Saudi Monarch (King Fahd 1923-2005) opted to allow United States (and coalition forces) to protect his country.

Bin Laden considered this a treacherous deed; allowing infidels to set foot on the soil of the land of the two mosques. He spoke against the Saudi government during the Gulf War for harboring American troops on Saudi soil and was exiled from Saudi Arabia with the renunciation of his Saudi citizenship. The presence of foreign troops in the "land of the two mosques" (Mecca and Medina) was perceived by many Islamists as profaning sacred soil and exemplified the corruption that they believed typified Arab governments.

Seems more like racial purity, ahem Hitler.

en.wikipedia.org...

Because its an Anti-Empire Weapon and the only Empire I see standing today is the American.

But according your opinions, wouldn't Al Qaeda be considered an empire?

If you forgot, we are talking about War in Iraq and how this move by the US is an Imperialistc move. Since 9-11, when this alleged "War on Terrorism" started, the International Terrorism is Rising, and I don't mean just downtown Baghdad: check out Madrid, London, Egypt, Russia, Bangladesh these days. Are they Safe? Is there LESS Terrorism?

You took my writing out of context or just misunderstood it.

So HOW Exactly is War on Terrorism DECREASING International Terrorism?

How is terrorism helping anything??
It seems to me that the terrorist are making all of Iraqs problems.

The US and ex-Soviet Empire have ALOT more Incommon then you think...

FUnny coming from a guy whose never been to the US, but thats your opinion.

If you had to choose, which one would you rather live under, or which one would you want to exist.

[edit on 21-8-2005 by evanfitz]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Who doesn't??

Who Doesn't?

What kind of Question is that?

Do you want me to answer it?

But I guess for an American that's "normal" right - or did I get this Wrong?

BS, pure BS. Maybe war makes money but we dont rely on war for it. You seriously dont understand how many people work for the government.

No? Are you Sure?

So let's do a little History Lesson:

The wealth of the ancient city-states of Venice and Genoa was based on their powerful navies, and treaties with other great powers to control trade. This evolved into nations designing their trade policies to intercept the wealth of others (mercantilism). Occasionally one powerful country would overwhelm another through interception of its wealth though a trade war, covert war, or hot war; but the weaker, less developed countries usually lose in these exchanges. It is the military power of the more developed countries that permits them to dictate the terms of trade and maintain unequal relationship.

History tells us that even the Ancient City-States had Economies Based on their powerful Armies, with which they could influence everybody else around them.

Let's check some more:

Defense Secretary William Cohen, in remarks to reporters prior to his speech at Microsoft Corporation in Seattle, put it this way, “[T]he prosperity that companies like Microsoft now enjoy could not occur without having the strong military that we have. The defense secretary is making the case that conflicts in faraway lands such as Bosnia, Korea and Iraq have a direct effect on the U.S. economy. The billions it costs to keep 100,000 American troops in South Korea and Japan, for example, makes Asia more stable—and thus better markets for U.S. goods. The military's success in holding Iraq in check ensures a continued flow of oil from the Persian Gulf”

Hmmm, Ineresting Point he Makes huh? And he is not some Professor that everybody Hates like Mister Chomsky - he was a USA Defence Secretary.

Let's check some more quotes:

Except for religious conflicts and the petty wars of feudal lords, wars are primarily fought over resources and trade. President Woodrow Wilson recognized that this was the cause of World War I: “Is there any man, is there any woman, let me say any child here that does not know that the seed of war in the modern world is industrial and commercial rivalry?”

J.W. Smith from Economic Democracy: The Political Struggle for the Twenty-First Century. What does that tell you? Many empires throughout history have used their military strength to enforce, and subsequently maintain, their interests so that trading and access to resources are in their favor. Nothing new. Why does that make you so Surprised? Its very old Tactics that Empires economies are based on their Military Strenght, Industry and Superiority.

And let's hear George Kennan, head of the US State Department planning staff until 1950, and his comments on US relations with Far East:

We have about 50% of the world's wealth, but only 6.3% of its population....In this situation, we cannot fail to be the object of envy and resentment. Our real task in the coming period is to devise a pattern of relationships which will permit us to maintain this position of disparity....To do so, we will have to dispense with all sentimentality and day-dreaming; and our attention will have to be concentrated everywhere on our immediate national objectives....We should cease to talk about vague and...unreal objectives such as human rights, the raising of the living standards, and democratization. The day is not far off when we are going to have to deal in straight power concepts. The less we are then hampered by idealistic slogans, the better.

... We should recognize that our influence in the Far Eastern area in the coming period is going to be primarily military and economic. We should make a careful study to see what parts of the Pacific and Far Eastern world are absolutely vital to our security, and we should concentrate our policy on seeing to it that those areas remain in hands which we can control or rely on.

Hmmm, what a Speech. Sounds Familiar?

The US funded the Mujhadeen resistance fighters against the Soviet Invasion. Simliar to the Soviets funded the NVA or VC. You seem a bit upset that the Soviets pulled out. Ah yes a Communist Afghanistan would have been the beaken of hope and light for its people.

Yes Yes we all know why the US Founded the Afganistan Rebels - to payback for all the bloody years of Vietnam and to make Soviet Union pay for what they did to them.

And to strike a Devastating Blow to the Soviet Union - they had a plan to conquer Afganistan and start attacking Iran to secure Their share of the rich Oil Fields in the Middle East.

Now there is just USA in the Middle East.

USA and the "Terrorists".

But according your opinions, wouldn't Al Qaeda be considered an empire?

How can a so-called Terrorist Organisation be called an Empire?

If you ask me Al-Qaeda is the "Boogey Man" US created in order to start this War on Terrorism and to have an Excuse to invade foreign countires like Afganistan and Iraq.

But that is just IMHO.

How is terrorism helping anything??
It seems to me that the terrorist are making all of Iraqs problems.

It's not.

Terrorism is the Problem (created by the "Problem Solvers")

War on Terrorism is the Solution.

War in Iraq is the Reaction to the Problem and the Part of Solution.

But it has ALWAYS been about The Middle East as the center for struggle over control of resources in the 21.st Century. And the First Country in Middle East, with Most Oil Reserves is Saudi Arabia, Right?

Saudi Arabia remains the cornerstone, producing 50 percent of the whole world's [oil] supply. So in order to keep this economic balm flowing, to keep the status quo static and the balance sheets of the major oil companies brimming, we've [the U.S.] installed our military as a kind of mega police force in the region. Our official reason for being there is to ensure “stability,” one of the great buzzwords in the history of business, but this is nothing more than spin — the military is in the Middle East to guarantee that whatever comes out of the ground is exploitable and controlled by American multinationals.

As written by Johnny Angel from It's the Oil, Stupid.

Which leaves us to one last point, which has something to do with all I have written in this post. One the other side of the Empire is the extreme Poverty, for it is a Key Player in this World of Violence and War we see Today. Lets check:

The impoverishment of the developing world is understandable once one learns how “plunder by trade” locks the world into violence and war.
Eliminating poverty is not philosophically complicated;

1.) Eliminate the monopolization of land, technology, and finance capital and equalize pay for equally productive work, both within internal economies and between trading nations.

2.) Once all nations and all people have access to technology and their labor is paid equally for equally productive work, the buying power of labor in different nations, and within nations, will equalize.

3.) Eliminating those monopolies will instantly distribute a share of the wealth to all members of society even as economic efficiency increases and produces more wealth.

This is a more cooperative and democratic capitalism that will assure all rights for all people.

Dr. J.W. Smith, The Institute for Economic Democracy wrote. But That is far FAR Away from the Goals and Plans of the Corporations, which have en entierly different view over the situation.

Sources:

www.globalissues.org...

www.ied.info...

Noam Chomsky Archive Online

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You're being Silly.

You and I and the Majority of the population of this Planet are the "Small People" - the ones who Pay the Price for the "Big Man". We work all our lives to pay for a roof over our heads and for a car to drive around with. We don't own big bad corporations. We don't own alot of stocks and can influence the stock market. We don't have the Money for that. But we will have to pay the higher price for gasoline. We won't profit from this war.

We - the Small People - are in this Boat Togather.

hehe, its nice to have some light-heartened conversation for a change.

but your absolutly right that us small people are in this together, and a major selling point for this war was that it would benefit both iraq and us economically but it has been anything but this. We fumbled up so bad in iraq we arent helping anybody not even ourselves.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

hehe, its nice to have some light-heartened conversation for a change.

but your absolutly right that us small people are in this together, and a major selling point for this war was that it would benefit both iraq and us economically but it has been anything but this. We fumbled up so bad in iraq we arent helping anybody not even ourselves.

Yes it is Nice I agree.

The people who profit fron this War are directly involved in it - I mean the Oil, Weapons, Construtction Corporations and ofcourse the Stock Makert Barons. They get Money out of it. But We - the small People - have to pay the Price for them: and I don't just mean pay the higher price for gasoline, but some people pay the ultimate price and give their lives, others give up their loved ones. Alot of Blood is spilled - for what exactly?

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

First and Most Important Step in Fighting Terrorism:

Stop PARTICIPATING in IT!!!

And the US breaks that important rule and the fundamental step in all of its essence. How can you fight Terror if you are sponsoring Terrorists throught the Globe? How can you fight Terror if you are using the same dirty techniques as the "Terrorists"? Some people will say: "If you gotta Fight, Fight Dirty!" - and then expect the opponent to fight Even More Dirty back at you.

Stop Terrorism?

Stop the Illegal Occupations.

Stop the Illegal Prison Camps.

Stop the Illegal Abductions.

Stop the Illegal Abusement and Torture.

Stop the Illegal Secret Intelligence Operations.

But that's not gonna happen, because the War Machine must be "Oiled" to work properly, if you know what I mean.

You have voted Souljah for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Way to go kid. Keep up the good fight.

Like an itch that only grows the more you scratch it, like hiccups that increase the more you try to stop it, like the chienese finger puzzle - to fight it, to overcome it, one must think at a higher level than the thoughts that created the problems in the first place.

Peace be with you Souljah

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You have voted Souljah for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Excellent Job!

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Darth Tinku and Passer By,

Thank You Very Much for Your Awards.

I am Flattered.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Rome had a senate, and at time they ruled the empire, as well as Ceasers.

But, If there were Roman Troops in Egypt, Who Ruled there? When Nazi Germandy had troops in France, Denmark, Who Ruled? In ancient Greece when Aggamenon had troops in Sparta, Who Ruled? When The Soviet Union had troops in Poland, Who Ruled?

The USA uses Every bit of our political, economic, military, muscle to further our country's goals. our Empirelistic Goals of world hedgemony.

The USA is #1

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join