It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Band Has Returned

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Everyone, both sides, need to get their heads out of politics and start poking around why things seem to happen. Why worry about the horse you voted for? Your vote didn't mean a thing. If none of us cast a ballot in 2008, the next day it'll be reported that after a 58% turnout, candidate X won by the slim margin of 51% of the votes.

In my opinion, if this subject stopped on TC's paragraph above, we'd have the concept covered. I'm a Republican, fundamentalist, evangelical Christian. Guess what subjects are ON my radar screen for investigating:

things Bush may be dirty on
GOP
radical fundamentalist evangelical movements

along with

things Clinton may have been dirty on
DNC
radical fundamentalist Islamic movements

why can't people understand that you can investigate the very concepts, beliefs and affiliations you personally hold with the same critical eye you investigate those who went the opposite way? You cannot genuinely state you are seeking the truth if you don't look 360 degrees. THEY are laughing at some of you...I garantee it!

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Thanks for that as I was wondering if there might have been some sort of ATS software clitch - obviously not.
I suppose amongst other things it means a sort of zero tolerence rule will be or is in effect?

Dallas

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I would try to be more civil, but when comparisons between my Commander in Chief and Hitler are made, I have to say something.

You are not your Commander in Chief
You are not your country
You are not the Republican party

Sorry for the Tyler Durden impression
You shouldnt have to defend the President of the United States. He is powerful enough to look after himself. If some one posts some partisan drivel they are now going to get warned/banned, but even if they dont you should allow the stupidity of their posts to shine through unabated. They are not worth any ones time

[edit on 20/8/05 by subz]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
the black band is one of detroits most hardcore black metal bands EVAH!

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Say Anything But That

Originally posted by Dallas
I suppose amongst other things it means a sort of zero tolerence rule will be or is in effect?

Tolerance for an amazingly wide range of things, and intolerance for a relatively short list of things.

This thread describes one of them, and how sincere the staff is about eliminating it from our community.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I thought AmoryMeltzer cleaned a few things up on the other thread All Members Read.

Perhap's we may be reading into it deeper than the plan calls for? Seems time will tell and then we'll know more of its success.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
UMMM WHAT IS THE BLACK BAND?

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The Black Band is what happens when we misbehave, apparently.

I don't know what they expect from a board this size, though... get enough people in one place and some of them are bound to break the rules.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Dark Days

ATS Search Function

Also conveniently linked by ADVISOR on page 2.

Reading++

[edit on 8/20/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well now I know what the black band is all about. It seems a bit odd that it takes a "band", this thread, several other warning threads and general u2u to the member base to simply say, grow up and discuss things as mature people. I have noticed though that all these threads about "play nice or else" do seem to get alot of attention.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by forum345
UMMM WHAT IS THE BLACK BAND?

A Goth Metallic Rock group.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
WE get it made send the peole with grips there and then have them fight it out,
i mean lol, how long with thing going on the we then are going will we have a major melt
down here ?
the "black band" will not change the people who are haveing to fight for there
veiw point in the real world away from ATS, i think many people come here
because this is the only place thay can have a veiw point, most people
that i have know in my life could not voice there veiwpoint anywhere, as i have said
in the past how many of us get weird looks from the people in your lives if you talk
about the stuff you see here ?
is this going to lead to the death of ats, will the people behind all the attacks that have
happened here stop if you start banning members? i see that something has to be done but,
as far as i have seen before the last few years, the site was about UFO's and other stuff like that,
it really looks like someone or some group has set out to kill ATS, shure i know you will say
"hahahaha what are ytou talking about", but look back threw the posts, there is trends
that happen. i really had i better idea in my head how all this would be writen out,
but it all messed up now, read this ifd youwant or not, it dose not matter

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I get the blackband in firefox but not in IE - is this a silent persuasion to shift more adverts?

edit - nope - its in IE now
http://66.98.176.42/ats5/main/top_logo.gif

http://66.98.176.42/ats5/ats/top_logo.gif

different images seem to be the issue

[edit on 24/8/05 by Strodyn]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
MISSING = One black band from the ATS logo. I stopped by after I seen the black band and voila---its missing! Are we being good again?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join