It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Ten Scientific Facts : Evolution is False and Impossible.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
Evolution vs Creation =
Theory vs Theory =
50 : 50 odds

You bet your eternity on faith in Evolution
I'll bet my eternity on faith in God

If I'm wrong, I've lost nothing
If you are wrong, you've lost everything

IMO

No, creationism is certainly not a scientific theory; it would be more equivalent to a hypothesis. I find it fairly disheartening to see the lack of understanding the scientific method. The fear mongering is quite humorous indeed, though, so thanks for the rough use of Pascal's wager.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

Creationism is not a theory. It's dogma. A theory requires evidence. There is none.

Regardless of the fact that Creationism is not a scientific theory, you assume that the odds are equal. Why do you make that assumption?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Creationism isn't a theory because there's no evidence supporting it whatsoever. It's a fairy tale like Harry Potter...

The theory of evolution on the other hand is supported by a LOT of evidence.

So the odds are not 50:50 at all

Also, you argument that if I am wrong, I'll "lose everything" meaning I'm going to hell. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to worship something that's got zero evidence...I'm humble enough to admit there's things I don't know, and I don't need to fill those gaps in knowledge by worshiping a fairy tale deity.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DisappearCompletely

and

reply to post by stereologist

I did not claim Creation is a “scientific” theory. My point is that both are improvable.
trueorigin.org

As far as fear mongering? Penalty of prison for crime is accepted. I don’t see you calling judges fear mongers.

Now, as far as eternity, I believe my spirit will continue to exist after my body is dead. I believe I will have awareness after my body is dead. The only “evidence” I have is testimonies where NDEs were able to describe, in detail, all the events that occurred during their temporary death. They were able to tell doctors, paramedics and other witnesses everything that happened while they were dead (or unconscious if you prefer).

Do you have “any” evidence that man has zero awareness after death?

Peace

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You can't seriously compare the threat of prosecution if you disobey the law with your "theory" that going against god and not believing in him will land you spot in hell. One is based on REAL laws that are enforced, the other is based on fairy tale law and no one has every been prosecuted...at least we aren't able to prove if there even is such a tribunal lead by a deity.

Also, the link you posted is a bit of a joke. The site seriously claims that the primary scientific approach to creationism is the "accumulation and analysis of empirical data through observation, repetition & measurement", and that the primary means of demonstrating system’s positive empirical support is the "citation of empirical data".

Creationism has NO empirical data through observation, repetition, and measurement whatsoever, lol. Prove me wrong

Putting creationism on the same pedestal as evolution is more than laughable...

[edit on 21-5-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Your logic is hypocritical.

Since you say man is an ape, why don't you enforce mans laws on the ape? How dare you cage innocent monkeys? Since you're on the same level as an animal, why do you cage them in zoos and experiment on them in labs? They are innocent. You are so cruel to your cousins!

Don't you feel like a slave to the herd? Don't you happily obey whatever moral laws the sheeple decide for you - (herd mentality)?

You should consider yourself on the same moral level as an animal. What keeps you from killing off part of your herd? You will have more resources for yourself. What's wrong with survival of the fittest? After all, that's the way nature works.

Let's get serious - all this evolution vs creation debate is smoke and mirrors keeping people (you) from seeing the real issue. While you busy yourself with all the minutia of evolution, you avoid the real issue.

Man is supreme for a reason. It's because God created us that way. If you don't believe that then you are a hypocrite for legally killing and eating your cousins.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Your logic is hypocritical.

Since you say man is an ape, why don't you enforce mans laws on the ape? How dare you cage innocent monkeys? Since you're on the same level as an animal, why do you cage them in zoos and experiment on them in labs? They are innocent. You are so cruel to your cousins!

Don't you feel like a slave to the herd? Don't you happily obey whatever moral laws the sheeple decide for you - (herd mentality)?

You should consider yourself on the same moral level as an animal. What keeps you from killing off part of your herd? You will have more resources for yourself. What's wrong with survival of the fittest? After all, that's the way nature works.

Let's get serious - all this evolution vs creation debate is smoke and mirrors keeping people (you) from seeing the real issue. While you busy yourself with all the minutia of evolution, you avoid the real issue.

Man is supreme for a reason. It's because God created us that way. If you don't believe that then you are a hypocrite for legally killing and eating your cousins.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by FearNoEvil]

First of all, I never said we are "like animals". I like animals, but I see the difference between a monkey and a human, even if we had common ancestors. We EVOLVED parallel, we didn't evolve from today's chimps. If you believe that, you have no real clue about how evolution really works...and base your whole knowledge about evolution on whatever twisted bull# the creationist supporters tell you. The one where they claim it makes no sense that we've evolved from chimps is one of their favorite ones...but obviously total hogwash because that's not how evolution works. Anyone who ever had a reasonable biology class knows that...

And a creationist talking about "sheeple" and "following the heard" without any rationality is hilarious. You claim we are supreme because a deity created us, yet you have ZERO proof of that, nothing, nada, zip. You believe that, because the CHURCH, a MAN MADE ORGANIZATION tells you so...or because a book written by MEN (the bible) tells you so.

Who's the one following the herd without any sense of logic and rationality?

At least I am basing my opinions on science that follows rationality and logic. You just follow a book and/or the church which developed a whole belief system based on nothing but fairy tales and guess work.

Here's a video showing you some of the typical creationist misconceptions:

[edit on 22-5-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You say you reject God because there’s no evidence for him: he’s invisible and mysterious. But you believe in intrinsic moral values and intrinsic moral rights, for which there is also no evidence, and which are also invisible and mysterious. I don’t understand. Could you explain why you reject God but accept the existence of intrinsic moral values?

Just curious, no sarcasm or hidden agenda.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Evolution vs Creation =
Theory vs Theory =
50 : 50 odds

You bet your eternity on faith in Evolution
I'll bet my eternity on faith in God

If I'm wrong, I've lost nothing
If you are wrong, you've lost everything

IMO

Lol, you really think that faith in god is 50%?

Men, there are a lot of religions out there, if there is a right religion, it can be any of them, you can be in the wrong one, so that 50% must be divided between a lot of religions, gods, goddess, etc etc

Make your bet, what god is the right one? there are thousands, would not be funny if you die and you find that there is a God and is Odin? lol

[edit on 22-5-2010 by MonteroReal]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
reply to post by MrXYZ

You say you reject God because there’s no evidence for him: he’s invisible and mysterious. But you believe in intrinsic moral values and intrinsic moral rights, for which there is also no evidence, and which are also invisible and mysterious. I don’t understand. Could you explain why you reject God but accept the existence of intrinsic moral values?

Just curious, no sarcasm or hidden agenda.

Morals is something that evolves within a society, any society really...no God/religion required

According to your theory (assuming you're Christian), only Christianity offers a a proper basis for morality. If that were true, billions of people on this planet would be savages...clearly, that isn't the case.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I'm unaware of the theory you are referring too, probably because it was a broad statement. I think other religions have a good basis of morality but morality is innate to each individual. Place a bunch of people into a group and you have your society and eventually people will come to the same agreement on what is right and wrong.

I think there are savages out there, not in the number you provided, but we view them as savage because we perceive right and wrong differently from them. They may think rape is fine but to me or you (I assume you think rape is wrong) they would be savage. That's assuming we have the same definition of savagery in this case.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I have many reasons for my faith in God.

Evolutionists have many reasons for their faith that there is no God.

I believe man has a spirit that will live and be aware in a different dimension after death. I gave some of my evidence in a previous post in this thread. In a different thread, I told the story of my fathers NDE.

I BET it would rock your evolutionary world if a credible family member experienced a NDE and then could describe, to you, everything that occurred while they were unconscious/dead. I'm talking about things that could only be known by a live conscious witness.

Let me ask this question again, in a different way since everyone avoided it earlier...

Ok, here comes the question, concentrate real hard...focus...

Do evolutionist have ANY evidence that man does NOT have an eternal spirit?

I presented my evidence. Your goal here is to present your evidence.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I have many reasons for my faith in God.

Evolutionists have many reasons for their faith that there is no God.

I believe man has a spirit that will live and be aware in a different dimension after death. I gave some of my evidence in a previous post in this thread. In a different thread, I told the story of my fathers NDE.

I BET it would rock your evolutionary world if a credible family member experienced a NDE and then could describe, to you, everything that occurred while they were unconscious/dead. I'm talking about things that could only be known by a live conscious witness.

Let me ask this question again, in a different way since everyone avoided it earlier...

Ok, here comes the question, concentrate real hard...focus...

Do evolutionist have ANY evidence that man does NOT have an eternal spirit?

I presented my evidence. Your goal here is to present your evidence.

Id just like to point out that most people claiming themselves to be christians, and religious in general, ARE evolutionists.
You are mixing up atheism and evolutionism, two completely separate concepts.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I hope you realize that the "evidence" you posted doesn't even come near the evidence we currently have for evolution.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I don't see why evolution can't be possible including a spirit.
Do you ?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

I don't see why evolution can't be possible including a spirit.
Do you ?

Not according to the hardliner Evangelists...but then again, they also believe Harry Potter's an enemy of God. So not sure we should pay them too much attention

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I don't understand why this discussion still exist. The 'facts' in the OP are wrong or have nothing to do with the theory of evolution and only proof the OP does not know where he is talking about.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by MrXYZ

I don't understand why this discussion still exist. The 'facts' in the OP are wrong or have nothing to do with the theory of evolution and only proof the OP does not know where he is talking about.

Just like the numerous creationist websites criticizing evolution based on a total lack of knowledge of the subject matter. Every few days, a new "creationist vs evolution" thread pops up, and the large majority of them are great examples of that lack of knowledge about evolution.

Just check out how many times creationists here wrote stuff like "evolution is wrong, because there is no way we evolved from chimps". Everyone with half a brain knows that we evolved parallel to chimps (and other monkeys/primates) and that today's chimps aren't our ancestors...yet a ton of those creationist websites keep claiming exactly that. Which explains why people keep on posting that hogwash over and over again instead of educating themselves before posting.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I agree there are some gaps in the theory. I even believe some sort of creator has done his/her/its part.

I'm just baffeled by all the people that simply dismiss the evidence that supports the theory. It's quite abundend. Those who say humans come from chimps...

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join