It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New MiG fighter makes first flight at MAKS 2005

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
""ZHUKOVSKY (Moscow Region), August 16 (RIA Novosti) - The new Russian fighter jet MiG29 OVT made its first exhibition flight Tuesday. The demonstration, featuring complicated air stunts, was part of the MAKS air show currently taking place in Zhukovsky, outside Moscow.

The MiG29 OVT is the world's first twin-engine jet with a multiaxis nozzle. Other currently operational aircraft with thrust vectoring capability, such as Russia's Su30 MKI and the U.S.' F22, have two-dimensional nozzles.""

feeds.russianews.net...

can any one please explain me what are the plus points of multi axis nozzles ?

please post any links u get about Mig 29 OVT in this thread .

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Amazing manuverability. If you change the axis of the exhaust, it pushes the tail of the aircraft around a LOT faster than normal, and lets you do manuvers you normally couldn't do.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
MOSCOW. (RIA Novosti military commentator Viktor Litovkin)

- U.S. fighters F-16 A\B Fighting Falcon and F/A-18E/F Super Hornet landed at Zhukovsky airfield near Moscow over the weekend.

Together with a USAF strategic bomber B-1B expected later, they will take part in the 7th Moscow International Air Show MAKS-2005, opening on August 16.

At the air show, which will last until August 21, more than 600 firms from forty countries will demonstrate their products, Federal Agency for Industry head Boris Alyoshin told RIA Novosti. This, of course, is less than at the 46th International Air Show at Le Bourget in France a month and a half ago, which was attended by 1,900 companies from 44 countries of the world displaying 240 civilian and military planes, helicopters, and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV).

But, as distinct from Paris, the Moscow air show will have a more varied program of demonstration and exhibition flights by both Russian and foreign combat, passenger and sports planes. American pilots, the French aerobatic team Patrouille de France, and the Italian Frecce Tricolori plan to show their skills at Zhukovsky. The Russian Knights and the Swifts will fly the Su-27 (NATO classification: Flanker) and MiG-29 (NATO classification: Fulcrum) combat fighters, and the Rus group, the training L-39 aircraft. Sukhoi and MiG test pilots Pavel Vlasov and Sergei Bogdan and their colleagues from the Gromov Flight Institute (known from its Russian acronym LII) will perform aerobatic stunts flying the modernized multi-role vectored-thrust Su-27SKMs and MiG-29OVTs.

Only in the skies over the Moscow region can one see twenty-ton warplanes somersaulting, stalling in the air, diving nose first or nose last, or turning over the right or left wing. No other fighters in the world are capable of doing that. And no other air and space show has such a demonstration program of aerobatics as MAKS at Zhukovsky.

*( please use following link for full article en.rian.ru... )

see also
Russia to exhibit new satellites at air show

Russian space shuttle's launch set for 2011

*(mod edit to reduce excessive copy paste)

[edit on 18-8-2005 by pantha]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
That's great and all, but it's not really a big deal.

The MiG-29OVT is just an experimental Fulcrum and will most likely never enter service.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I just hope some pictures are taken and posted of this aircraft when the MAKS airshow does take place.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Prelude, could you please site a link to your large quote posted above. Thanks

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This was the first jet with MATV.

Picture

[edit on 17-8-2005 by NWguy83]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hockeyguy567
That's great and all, but it's not really a big deal.

The MiG-29OVT is just an experimental Fulcrum and will most likely never enter service.

Not necessarily true..
The MiG-29 OVT .. was shown (not flown) at the Aero-India 05' and it may be a good buy if the a/c can be made carrier worthy.. I don't think any navy a/c currently have TVC.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
This smorning when i got up i was watching SBS on Austrlian T.V. which

has Russin news or something and a big chunk of the half hour was what i

saw was a MiG29 doin crazy manouvering that you would have a hard time

seeing acrobatic planes doin than that Beruit was pictured. But the mig

looked very specy althoug i couldn't understand what was being said I

kinda got the drift but not that it was a experimental plane. Then you see

the president go for a flight in a Blackjack which are as well very specy.

Pitty I didn't record it outherwise I wouldve posted it but if you really want

it i guess you can send an email to SBS Australia or something.

But yes Mig was very kool Beruit looked ok in flight and Blackjack is 100%
B-1

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Prelude, could you please site a link to your large quote posted above. Thanks

here is the link
en.rian.ru...

i acc tried to edit my large post and put the link instead ...but due to some reason the edit buttom dosen come in my screen

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
here is some more details about the bird by a poster in some other forum

"The MiG-29M (9-15) will not be build instead of this single design there are now 4 designes instead.
> The MiG-29M1 (single seat) and MiG-29M2 (dual seat). THese aircraft were formaly knows as MiG-29MRCA which stands for MultiRoleCombatAircraft. These aircraft are offered to Malaysia in the now going contest.
> THe other two designes are the MiG-29K/KUB. These are offered or ordered to/by India. This are carrier capbale aircraft.

> The four designes are for 90% equal to each other. In the MiG-29M1/2 aircraft are based on the the MiG-29K/KUB They have also the folding wings of the MiG-29K/KUB only the arrester hook has been replaced by a brake parachute. Further changes are in the cockpit. All four type of aircraft have the Zhuk-M radar, and can fire both the newest air to air missiles and air to ground missiles. These new MiG's are also equipped with a new line or engies with a higher thrust

> The MiG-29OVT is a demonstator of TVC engines on a MiG29 and when wanted by a costumer they can be placed on the MiG-29"

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Nice plane... here are some pics...
I really like the MIg 29, it's good looking and my favourite of the Russian planes...

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here is the REAL picture of the new MiG:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well the fictional mig 31 firefox, anyway!

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hihi. The firefox is back. Too bad it's not true!!

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is one of the Russian displays of the Su-27SM.

From here:
MAKS-2005 - Zhukovsky, Russia

Here is the MAKS 2005 AirShow aircraft list

seekerof

[edit on 17-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
So why 3d vectoring hasn't been used commercially?

The X-31 has it, but it seems that as with the forward swept wings in reality it doesn't work that well.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
3-D thrust vectoring is for aircraft that require high maneuverability.
IMHO, I am not seeing a need for this in a commerical application.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
3-D thrust vectoring is still in its infancy as far as usability in the commercial world but it definately has a use. 3-D thrust can negate the need for a tail on aircraft saving huge amounts of weight and drag.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Impressive I will admit. I'm a little worried at the US air inventory's lack of that kind of maneuverability. However, can it do that high speeds where it counts?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join