It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Sheehan Attacks Israel, Refuses to Pay Taxes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarBreather

So, to express opinions against a war now is a crime???
What happened to you, America? Are you all brainwashed by your fascist government already?

Do you have an organic brain syndrome? Is it not clear to you the difference between expressing an opinion and doing what Sheehan is doing? Oh, I get it!
You're a leftist.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yinyang04011
And, this woman said something that is unforgivable (in my opinion), "This country is not worth fighting for." How can anyone, especially anyone who has lost a loved one who was a service member, say that??

"This country is not worth fighting for." - perhaps you would have to share her experience to understand why. Some things are more valuable than your country. The desire to disappear as individuals and that others do the same is suicidal for a society. Even if I don't agree with her political platform (it really looks like she wants to be a martyr), I think she could be helpful in changing some hard and cold minds out there.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

So, to express opinions against a war now is a crime???
What happened to you, America? Are you all brainwashed by your fascist government already?

Do you have an organic brain syndrome? Is it not clear to you the difference between expressing an opinion and doing what Sheehan is doing? Oh, I get it!
You're a leftist.

You said that Sheehan is subverting the war, which is not true in any sense. She is expressing some broad opinions (too broad) and refusing to pay taxes for reasons of her own. Do you know what a conscious objector is? Is it the same as a deserter? No. In the same way, Sheehan is not the same as a traitor. To see that kind of birds, you have to look higher.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I think she could be helpful in changing some hard and cold minds out there.

Theres the problem.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
GradyPhilpott; why does the left have to be playing her? Maybe she honestly now has these opinions?

Why is it always the "left" out to stop the War? I know many people who are on the "left" and yet were fine with the invasion of Iraq. The problem is not the invasion but the lies around it and the handling of Iraq once we had invaded it.

apc

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Wow that's a lot of back and forth in only a day.

I know I'd like to smack her around a few times.

So her son died. Waah waah waah. He was a soldier. Soldiers die. They know they might die when the sign up. Often, it's just part of the job.

Why they die is irrelevant. Once you are a soldier, you are a pawn for your rulers. You have no opinion. You have no say. You have no rights. You will fight who you are told to fight. If you refuse, you deserve to be executed.

It's all part of being a soldier.

This woman is still caught up on the image of her son when he was 8 years old, innocent I'm sure. She needs to understand.. he grew up. He made his decision. And now he's gone. It would be no different if he became a fireman and was killed in a burning building. Or a police officer killed in the line of duty.

Our government is not responsible for his death. The enemy is.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The government is responsible for his pointless death.

I think strategically the IRS is not advisable to go against.
When the FBI and police couldn't get Al Capone the IRS did.

I agree with her sentiments.
After paying taxes to support an evil government it was part of the reason i quit work.
So i am not paying taxes, but that is because i am not making any money.

Honestly The American government and maybe even the American people have become so corrupted they really aren't worth fighting for.

We don't even guard our own southern border for Pete's sake!
But the citizens that make up the Minutemen have shown spine and taken the task in hand.
The minutemen are TRUE patriots.
Maybe there is something worth saving about the USA.

Washington and the 'Official' US military are just meat puppets for vile and corrupt corporate interests. They don't work for the people and therefore are not worth fighting for.

Her son died for Halibuton's profit margin.

We are a sick nation.

apc

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Not so pointless.
See... Iraq is just a stepping stone. As was Kuwait and Afganistan. And soon to be Iran.
A stepping stone towards what?
Total domination of the Middle East and the oil that lies within.
There definitely was a 'point.'

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
From a CNN ANDERSON COOPER 360 DEGREES program transcript:

COOPER: You were also quoted as saying, "My son joined the Army to protect America, not Israel. You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism." How responsible do you believe Israel is for the amount of terrorism in the world?

SHEEHAN: I didn't say that.

COOPER: You didn't say that? OK.

SHEEHAN: I didn't -- I didn't say -- I didn't say that my son died for Israel. I've never said that. I saw somebody wrote that and it wasn't my words. Those aren't even words that I would say.

CNN Transcript

In a letter she wrote to ABC's Nightline:

Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the Army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid? No, I know full-well that my son, my family, this nation, and this world were betrayed by a George Bush who was influenced by the neo-con PNAC agenda after 9/11. We were told that we were attacked on 9/11 because the terrorists hate our freedoms and democracy...not for the real reason, becuase the Arab-Muslims who attacked us hate our middle-eastern foreign policy. That hasn't changed since America invaded and occupied Iraq...in fact it has gotten worse.

Her letter to ABC Nightline via Google

From an Indymedia source:

....he volunteered to help bring in soldiers wounded in an ambush. He died after his convoy came under attack. Cindy Sheehan blames the Neo-Cons and Israel for the Iraq conflict. Bush and the news media laughed at her, until it came out that she said that Marines are dying for Israel, then everyone panicked.

Here Is Her Statement

Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry?

Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the Army to protect America, not Israel.

"My Son Joined the Army to Protect America, Not Israel"

Interesting bit here. Is she lying with what she said on CNN's Cooper 360 when compared to her comments made in March of 2005?

If one takes a look at who the members are within at the Crawford Peace House, one will see that a number of members are strongly anti-Israel. No wonder she is also towing the same line.

seekerof

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Unfortunately, it is not illegal to do what she is doing

What a terrifying thought that gives significant aid and comfort to this nation's enemies. Not to mention a slap in the face to all our fine troops and the families of troops who have scarified through the years to preserve our hard-won liberties.

Do you see how subjective your stance is? I can easily say that your opinion would have given aid and comfort to the totalitarian communist foes of this nation's recent past. Not to mention, how it disrespects our soldiers throughout history.

I can think of no finer aid and comfort to any "enemy" than to presume our liberties of expression and assembly should have limits.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I can think of no finer aid and comfort to any "enemy" than to presume our liberties of expression and assembly should have limits.

BRAVO SO

I couldn't have said it better.

I feel sorry for the woman and DO think her suffering is being used for others Agendas, and she is IMO dishonoring her sons sacrifice....BUT.....

To say that protesting against the President should be Illegal is 1000X worse than what she is doing.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Wow that's a lot of back and forth in only a day.

I know I'd like to smack her around a few times.

So her son died. Waah waah waah. He was a soldier. Soldiers die. They know they might die when the sign up. Often, it's just part of the job.

Why they die is irrelevant. Once you are a soldier, you are a pawn for your rulers. You have no opinion. You have no say. You have no rights. You will fight who you are told to fight. If you refuse, you deserve to be executed.

It's all part of being a soldier.

That's rather cold and cynical isn't it? One would hope that our wars would be righteous undertakings worthy of sacrifice for the greater good of mankind. Your post reminds me of the old Pogo quote "We have met the enemy & they is us."

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
GradyPhilpott; why does the left have to be playing her? Maybe she honestly now has these opinions?

The word is out. She's being funded and encouraged by Michael Moore and Moveon.org.

michellemalkin.com...

The Enquirer

The Reality Check

And for what it's worth:

Pravda

[edit on 2005/8/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
GradyPhilpott, this does not stop her from having the views and then being supported for them.

It happens with many politicians, etc, prior to joining a party.

Also if you think about it the "Anti-War" movement, those who said there were no WMD are the ones that were correct. Not the right wing Government.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

You said that Sheehan is subverting the war, which is not true in any sense. She is expressing some broad opinions (too broad) and refusing to pay taxes for reasons of her own. Do you know what a conscious objector is? Is it the same as a deserter? No. In the same way, Sheehan is not the same as a traitor. To see that kind of birds, you have to look higher.

What do you call this, StarBreather?

Here are two articles by Sheehan. Folks can decide for themselves what they will:

www.lewrockwell.com...

www.lewrockwell.com...

Such vitriol is not born of grief, I think, but of ideology. It is sheer opportunism of the vilest sort, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
On Thursday, Fred Barnes, executive editor of the Weekly Standard, called Sheehan a “crackpot” on Fox News.

John Podhoretz called her protest “political theater” National Review’s blog, The Corner.

This morning, the Drudge Report posted a banner headline, “BUSH PROTESTING MOM CALLS FOR 'ISRAEL OUT OF PALESTINE'; VOWS NOT TO PAY TAXES.”

And conservative columnist and blogger Michelle Malkin put up an “unconfirmed report” that Sheehan’s husband, Patrick, had filed for a divorce.

They will stop at NOTHING to discredit this woman who lost her son to this war.

apc

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

...those who said there were no WMD are the ones that were correct.

I think providing chemical agents to those who would use them against us, counts as possessing WMD... in my book anyway.
Plus, it was the CIA that screwed up the intel (maybe intentionally), not Pres. Shrubboy.
In either case, it was a regime that needed to be removed. They were incapable of waging their own war against us, so they were helping others in their cowardly and often psychotic agendas.

... she is IMO dishonoring her sons sacrifice...

A great dishonor indeed.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Grady I tried your Pravda link and it didn't work, it took me to the Reality Check link.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

They will stop at NOTHING to discredit this woman who lost her son to this war.

The folks you cite are just calling a spade a spade. Sheehan is discrediting herself.

Here is a copy of the divorce court document. Sheehan, herself has confirmed her divorce, which she claims was decide upon prior to her decision to "go public."

www.thesmokinggun.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
Grady I tried your Pravda link and it didn't work, it took me to the Reality Check link.

Try it now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join