It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Sheehan Attacks Israel, Refuses to Pay Taxes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Anti-war protestor Cindy Sheehan called for the immediate U.S. withdrawal from Iraq, Israeli withdrawal from Palestine, and the impeachment of the President and has vowed to not pay her Federal income taxes. Sheehan's son was a soldier in the U.S. military and was killed in the line of duty in Iraq. She and other protestors have been protesting outside President Bush's Texas ranch for days.

www.drudgereport.com
Anti-war protestor Cindy Sheehan, whose soldier son Casey was killed in Iraq, is calling for Bush's "impeachment," and for Israel to get out of Palestine!

"You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism," Sheehan declares.

Sheehan, who is asking for a second meeting with President Bush, says defiantly: "My son was killed in 2004. I am not paying my taxes for 2004. You killed my son, George Bush, and I don't owe you a penny...you give my son back and I'll pay my taxes. Come after me (for back taxes) and we'll put this war on trial."

"And now I'm going to use another 'I' word - impeachment - because we cannot have these people pardoned. They need to be tried on war crimes and go to jail."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This woman has gone off the deep end. Calling for the withdrawal of Israel from all of Palestine means the total destruction of Israel. At least by not paying her taxes she can end up where she belongs -- in Federal prison.

[edit on 8/15/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Though she may have very well gone off the deep end, why in the world would you say she needs to be in prison? Because she has an opinion you don't agree with?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
In my opinion her behavior has gone beyond free speech and is now seditious and treasonous. Refusing to pay her taxes is just the final straw, but the real nail in the legal coffin.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
When i read the title i thought the woman had actually gone out to war against Israel for a min...........

Sounds to me like shes being used as a mouthpiece and figurehead for every anti war supporter in the USA. Its sad really now instead of having what she has to say, she is listening to what others are saying to her and parroting their words. It won't be long until this womans credibility is destroyed by the machine. Was it her idea to bring taxes into it? Or someone around her? Was it her who knew what it meant to cry empeachment, or did someone tell her?

I mean just look at the emotion and anger the article incited in the author here. He is so totally hating the woman now and all she wants is peace.

Well done to the people putting words into her mouth and bringing Israel and everything into her persoanl war and well doen to the machine for causing so much anger and ridicule to the woman through the press.

Now it starts the division of the people, brother against brother pro war anti war and when America is completely divided history will be written.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
What part is seditious and treacherous? That she's stating certain foreign policy issues aren't helping? That she feels she paid her taxes for 2004 with the loss of her son? That she wants her son back? Or that she thinks the President should be impeached?

I don't see anything there that is seditious. I see opinions stated that you don't agree with it.

I don't think she owes the country anything for 2004. I think we're in Iraq because of deliberate lies. And I wish she had her son back, too.

Should I go to jail?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
"This woman has gone off the deep end. Calling for the withdrawal of Israel from all of Palestine means the total destruction of Israel. At least by not paying her taxes she can end up where she belongs -- in Federal prison. "

Maybe that should happen?

Israel has been in breech of U.N. Resolution 181 (1947, November the 18th) and it's about time something is done. They broke the agreement on the "Jewish State". Bye, bye, Jewish state.

If you break your mortgage agreement - you don't get to keep your house now do you?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
No one can be jailed in the United States for giving verbal aid and comfort to the enemy anymore, but nonetheless she is giving aid and comfort to the enemy. The only way this war could ever be lost is on the homefront.

If she does fail to pay her taxes though, she will be sent to the Federal pen, the IRS makes no exception for grieving mothers.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
That would be absolutely untrue, dj. Please - check into things before you make absolute statements like that.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
djohnsto77, isn't it about time America looks internal before external?

Crime rates, social security, immigration, government, police force, etc, all need to be fixed first.

Maybe the American Government should show the rest of the World by an example instead of telling others what to do?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
What's untrue? If you mean the taxes, I think the IRS waives taxes for wives who've lost their husbands sometimes, but I've never heard of a mother getting a tax break...please correct me if I'm wrong Val.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
dj

They're not going to throw this lady in jail because she's 4 months late on last year's taxes.

They're not going to throw this lady in jail when she's a year late on last year's taxes.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
If she goes before a tax judge and blatently says she refuses to pay her taxes, she will go to jail. If for some reason she couldn't pay and tried to work out a payment plan or settlement, it'd be different. But the gov't is pretty harsh on people who refuse to pay taxes out of some type of protest against the Feds.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Can anyone answer my question?

It's something I've been wanting a lot of people to answer for a while now.

"Why doesn't America focus on its internal problems instead of creating external problems"?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The United States isn't creating any external problems, it's only dealing with external problems that may be more dangerous than any outstanding internal problems.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
You honestly reckon terrorism (which has increased since Iraq) is worse then the tends of thousands of people murdered per-year in America?

Things like MS-13? Which are an internal problem.
Drugs.

Then you have things like the education system. Someone posted a link that showed America 40th for spending per-child.

List of internel problems go on and on.

Terrorism is only a small external problem, one that has got worse because of Iraq and not better and just remember. Iraq was about the WMD not the terror-cells, etc. (Afganistan, I agree with.)

But even in the case of Afganistan, look what has became of that place? Now the Taliban has gone it's heaven for the drug lords, who are just as bad.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I think the important thing here is how Sheehan has drawn Israel into her panoply of complaints, which has so far been pretty much ignored.

Palestinians believe all of Israel is Palestine, so a complete withdrawal of Israel from Palestine would mean the complete destruction of the Jewish State...is that what she really wants or is that just words put in her mouth by her handlers?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
And as I pointed out earlier, they broke this agreement (Israel) did prior to any of the Arabic States breaking an agreement.

Why should they have the right to break U.N. Resolutions left-right and centre?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Odium, this thread isn't about internal U.S. issues, so please refrain from taking us off topic.

But, to placate you, when the terrorists get a hold of nuke and set it off in NYC (which will happen unless something is done to stop them) then that will have more effect than anything else you could possibly mention.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
And if this happens - anytime while the Bush administration is still in office - it will prove two things:

1. A Democratic administration will do anything, including pardoning one of the largest tax evasion sums in the history of the U.S., just to get a Presidential library.

2. A Republican administration would throw a grieving mother in jail over one year's tax - proving they never really had a heart after all - just a big thumping gizzard.

[edit on 8-15-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Which is internal.

Not an external issue.

They would need to get it through the borders (internal) or make it in America (again internal.)

But again, how has Iraq helped remove the threat of terrorism? Every thing I have seen so far points to it doing rather the oposite and causing more problems.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join