It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSTED!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I guess he got caught - stupid boy - but i will put money on some security firm hireing this guy - or maybe an anti-virus firm - I can see the messages "We have our software tested by MrX ..."

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This poor kid is probably going to become insane from getting ass raped so many times. No firm will hire him.

To all those that laugh read this: www.spr.org...

And think upon what would happen to you, since you believe in the Conspiracy and all. Seriously. This callousness pisses me off. Shame on you.

[Edited on 29-8-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I wouldn't blame that kid for viruses.
I would blame MICROSOFT

It is only OS that allows this kind of stupid security holes to be used by hackers.
It's like leaving house full of money with opened doors and going to vacations.
Everybody who was damaged by this virus deserves it, don't use Worlds Crappiest OS or face the consequences.

Look at it, this way.. nazis conquered Europe and made people believe them with propaganda, Microsoft is computer nazi empire that conquered 90% of computer users with their propaganda!

See, if this kid was lets say Mac or Linux user, this wouldn't happen and he wouldn't get arrested.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Talk about open doors....other OS's have open source code...!!! They happen on Microsoft, because that's where they do the most damage, and get the most attention...two things hackers are looking for...

This kid will likely get a choice, work for the G-Man, or become somebody's bitch.... He isn't really that bright though, as others have pointed out, so he may not even get that deal.....

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
A punishment should'nt make an example out of a perp... Right...

Bottom line here is whether the kid copied it, worte or simply amplified it to do more than it was doing he NEEDS TO BE MADE AN EXAMPLE of to DETER others from doing this sort of thing in the future...

THis (the WWW) is the SINGLE GREATEST advancement in human history, IMHO, and it doe NOT need to be trifled with for the ego satisfaction of some zit faced kid who has YET to contribute to humanity...

P...
m...

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
I wouldn't blame that kid for viruses.
I would blame MICROSOFT
It is only OS that allows this kind of stupid security holes to be used by hackers.

See, if this kid was lets say Mac or Linux user, this wouldn't happen and he wouldn't get arrested.

I am by no means a computer expert, but I'm pretty sure that any OS can be exploited, that's just the way it is. How can you say you don't blame the kid? If someone robs a bank with poor security, would you also blame the bank as opposed to the theif? That doesn't make any sense.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This kid aint goin to prison, hes goin straight to the Pentagon for his new job. Im sure he gave some higher up a big ol hardon.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have to say that THOSE days (Hack a network - Get a big job) are OVER... IMHO...

The "Pentagon" has PLENTY of new grads all signed up and waiting to get after it...

The Geni has been out of the box long enough now that Uncle Sam has embedded himself in the "up and coming" P.C guru crowd completely.

I am willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that this kid gets locked up... For a LONG damn time too, as an EXAMPLE to those who may desire to do what he's done.

The SAD part is, like you, there's lots of kids out there who still beleive it's a "ticket" (bad possibility) or a "JOB" (good possibility) if you get busted hacking...

Well, REALITY is that MOST of America's corporations are strung together on a network... When those networks get foiled, BIG TIME politilcal supporters LOSE MONEY...

That, will ALWAYS get somebody tossed in the hooskow...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This kid probably will be set for life job wise, if he did in fact do anything interesting to the original virus. If he did not, then he is gonna get in trouble for nothing....

I wanna play devils advocate. Don't Viruses, and Hackers help improve computers and software? Don't they force developers to think of fresh ideas? and new ways to solve problems?

Also, in microsofts defense, they sent a security update before the blaster worm attacked, and most simply ignored it as they do most microsoft security updates. I downloaded it and had no problem from the worm.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
GREAT POINT!!! Microsoft DID, in fact, send out an updat in June actually. Like you said, most everybody IGNORED it...

Worst part is, a buddy of mine lost ALL of his saved files because of this darn thing!

DELL couldn't tell him what to do so they told him to FORMAT his hardrive!!! He is computer illiterate and went with what they told him and lost it ALL...

THat's disgusting! Dell KNEW back in June when MS sent out the update but did NOT train their OFFSHORE "help desk"!

Another problem of jobs leaving America for cheap wages......

P...
m...

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
GREAT POINT!!! Microsoft DID, in fact, send out an updat in June actually. Like you said, most everybody IGNORED it...

Worst part is, a buddy of mine lost ALL of his saved files because of this darn thing!

DELL couldn't tell him what to do so they told him to FORMAT his hardrive!!! He is computer illiterate and went with what they told him and lost it ALL...

THat's disgusting! Dell KNEW back in June when MS sent out the update but did NOT train their OFFSHORE "help desk"!

Another problem of jobs leaving America for cheap wages......

P...
m...

..... and/or the continuing decline in educational standards considered by some to result from planned restriction of educational resourcing in order to bring about the 'dumbing down' goals.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
One thing I think is of importance, the kid didnt code the virus, he was trying to modify it and/or incorparate into his own virus. There are alot of things that the media and "da Gubmint" arent saying about this virus.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
A punishment should'nt make an example out of a perp... Right...

Actually, my guess is that any decent law professor will tell you the same thing. When laws and punishments are designed inorder to 'make examples' out of certain people... well, at that point we would have reversed 900 years of legal history. The law is the law... You cannot bend what has been codified inorder to achieve a psychological effect. You cannot single an individual out for special punishment. To be frank, as law is only 'law' when it is universally applied within a jurisdiction, those who believe that law and punishment can be tailored for individuals (and based upon popular emotions) are acting against the concept of law itself. What they ask for is a new barbarism.

Also, one should ask, for all those out there calling for this kid's life in prison... has he committed a greater crime than some gangbanger who shoots someone in the head.. or robs a house... no... he has caused an economic disturbance among people who didn't update their computers. He has not killed anyone.. Thus, it is patently immoral and unjust to punish him with a greater sentence than that which the average murderer receives.

OIMD

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
We are NOT speaking of LAWS here we ARE speaking of PUNISHMENT.

REALITY 101...

When you "mess with" the economic MACHINE you get SPANKED... HARD.

Laws, like rules, are written to be broken. Humans are imperfect creatures who constantly break rules/laws.

Why just a scant few hundred years ago there were LAWS in place forbidding oceangoing vessels from crossing certain distances because they would have "fallen OFF the world"... Obviously LAWS can be the rediculous meanderings of an uneducated mind.

An EXAMPLE being made of certain trangressors, is the PROVEN, preferred and ONLY logical way to prevent the recurrance of certain criminal acts.

When one gains an undertanding of the human psyche, through YEARS of experience, one realizes these things and acts accordingly.

The UNEXPERIENCED mind, naturally, wants to seek refuge in the text of outlines that were written BEFORE reality reared its head in the form of a real life situation i.e. somebody actually SAILING beyond the "illegal zone".

Thus, the BEST and ONLY answer to a situation like this is to make the proverbial example of this misguided young lad in order to protect his peers and the next generation from facing the same music by a similar deed. Obviously they will think twice before acting on their need for attention and recognition when they realize they will spending the next several years as Bubba's girlfriend...

Making a comparison between this crime and "violent crimes is simply a "passion play of emotions" which is out of place in the discussion.

Regardless of whether or not somebone got "physically molested" here, there was molestation comitted and that is the key.

A sepration of emotion and FACT is essential anytime one wishes to harbor thoughts on the law.

ALL entities, be they Human or otherwise, carry equal weight when molested in the eyes of the law. 500,000 entities were molested here. It caused the loss of untolled money. It caused the loss of employment.

An example being made is the ONLY logical solution for society to accept.

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Springer, with the amount the pentagon is spending on its "black budget" u can rest assure the help wanted sign for hackers is still up.

Especially with North Korea.

Hackers still rovide something useful.

And for the record, stumpy, now that were out of the debate, Im actually pro euthanasia too!

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Well,

I have no idea how to reply to that. Yes, ships were urged not to sail beyond the 'end of the sea' in the past... but you are, in that example, missing the main point I am making...namely, that 'example-punishment' systems are vastly outdated, just as the old sea laws are (actually... the laws never.. well, not that you'll care...). You are saying, essentially, that the law fluctuates, and so can be overturned by immediate popular appeal... Well, I must advise you that, when you compare the law of centuries ago to nowadays, that you are missing the point... Modern law has evolved beyond that. Because it is different now than in the past only illustrates how humanity has changed since the re-discovery of thinking in the renaissance. The law, as it is written now, is first dependent on logical constructs, and only dependent on sensational appeal in deformed and inferior forms.

What you ask for, to be frank, is a third world court, wherein laws and punishments are devised ex post facto to satisfy the most rabid and illiterate mob.

You also say that, as the law fluctuates, in time, that some sort of emotional folk-appeal should be applied in sentencing... well... such thinking is, by definition, quite medieval... One is led to ask, if punishments and the law are determined by agitated emotional outpourings, what prevents a total elimination of the legal system\? Perhaps you want that, though ....?

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   
When you put it that way I'd have to agree with you... BUT I am pretty sure they are going to toss the book at this kid.

He may verywell get "out" of it after everybody has forgotten about it and get a job then... But I bet they make a public spectacle out of him first....

Just my opinion tho.

P...
m...

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Yeah that could very well be too.

Quite frightening when you think how well kids are becoming super computer wise and are tearing up the system in ways adults caanot seem to fix fast enough.

Criminals getting younger and younger.........

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   

The UNEXPERIENCED mind, naturally, wants to seek refuge in the text of outlines that were written BEFORE reality reared its head in the form of a real life situation i.e. somebody actually SAILING
m...

I'm also quite tired of the 'you are young' elements of your reasoning. Yes, I'm probably half your age, but that is not, in itself, an argument or even a point that matters. When someone resorts to comments like that... it mean that they're out of things to say.

Actually, my guess is that I have as much real experience as you do.

My post prior to this one was a little rushed, but the simple observation remains that your thinking is medieval... though, in the south, that may seem modern. Before you refer to your age again, Springer, let me just say that you remind me of the angry townfolk/hillbillies Ben Cartwright had to argue down in every episode of 'Bonanza'. They never got that the law still applied when they were mad.. and old east coast Ben had to explain, week after week, the nature of civilization to them.. that is... the law always applies... even when you hate the criminal.

Now, as 'Bonanza' is a very old show, I'm sure that you understand my point.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   
before you go off and spout a bunch of bs lemme tell you,

this virus cost our economy alot of money.
there were alot of man - hours that went into combating this crap. myself included.
I personally wish i could kick his ass myself for making me work some long hours.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join