It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jahbulon - Masonic god

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Pronounced "yabulon", it is supposed to be the god 8th degrees+ Masons are told is the true god of Freemasonry.

The name is compromised of three ancient dieties. Jahbulon represents the devil.

How can Masons justify this Satanic god?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magog
Pronounced "yabulon", it is supposed to be the god 8th degrees+ Masons are told is the true god of Freemasonry.

The name is compromised of three ancient dieties. Jahbulon represents the devil.

How can Masons justify this Satanic god?

Perhaps because it's pure B.S.?

Nowhere in Masonry is there found any reference to God's name being "Jahbulon", it's a fiction of the anti-Masons. Secondly, there's no such thing as a "satanic god", as such thing would be an oxymoron and self-contradictory.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Nowhere in pre-8th degree Masonry?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
How can there be a satanic god when Lucifer or Satan,,,whatever you want to call him, she, or it considers themselves "a god"

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

As has been said countless times before, there is no "god" of Freemasonry. Freemasonry is not a religion, nor does it specify a religion. It just can't be said any simpler than that.

"Freemasonry" refers to the first three degrees, Entered Apprentice, Fellowcraft, and Master Mason... All other "degrees" or "steps" would be attributed to appendant bodies, such as the York or Scottish Rite, Shrine, Grotto, etc. It is not a question of being unaware, or "high ranking" enough (if you are a Master Mason, you've already attained the "highest" degree) as is commonly misconstrued. Most of the North American Masons who participate in this forum are 32nd Degree Scottish Rite Masons.

Justification Monkeys, not just for refuting drivel anymore...

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a few months ago i saw an alleged documentary explaining this whole jabulon story , body of a spider three heads etc.. etc... i'll try to get the info about it (the "documentary") but it was one of the most preposterous things i've seen in quite a while together with project red star

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hvitserk
a few months ago i saw an alleged documentary explaining this whole jabulon story , body of a spider three heads etc.. etc... i

In some versions of the Royal Arch Degree a word similar to this is used, but it has never been claimed that this word is a name for God, or is the name of some secret god. The words "Jah" and Ba'al" are both Semitic words that mean "lord". The author of this version of the ritual which uses the word also apparently (and mistakenly) believed that "On" meant "lord", due to a misreading of the book of Genesis, where it says that Joseph married the daughter of the "Priest of On" (on was, in fact, the name of the city, not an Egyptian word for God).

It is true that the word Ba'al was used by the Canaanites, who applied it to an idol, but it is also true that the Hebrews used the word for their God, as it was a generic title for "king" or "lord".

Regardless, it is apparent that the author of the ritual, although he was mistaken about "On", thought that all three words meant "Lord", and that's why the ritual says that these words describe God, not that they are His names. Indeed, the ritual confirms that God's name is that which is mentioned many times in the KJV Old Testament, i.e., "Jehovah".

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

The appendant Scottish Rite degrees (of which the 8th degree is part) are generally not taken one-by-one anymore. Rather, the capitular degrees of each body of the Scottish Rite are conferred to candidates, and a mason becomes a 32nd degree mason in a short time, somtimes a weekend and sometimes even in one day. The degrees conferred are:

4th, 14th, 18th, 30th and 32nd.

Therefore, your claim regarding the 8th degree divulging to masons the true name of the true masonic god is bunk not only because there is no such thing as a masonic god, but also because most masons simply never even SEE the 8th degree.

Edit:

Maybe he is referring to the 14th degree, the play in which the ancient masons of Jerusalem find, below the temple, a stone on which is written the ineffable name of the deity, which is, like ML already stated, Jehovah.

[edit on 14-8-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I have never said "Here's my 2 cents" before but I think I have 2 cents on me.

1. Jahbulon is indeed a word in the mythology of the Royal Arch, and not in the regular Craft Lodges.

2. Jahbulon is in no way representative of God or the Devil. Every Freemason brings his (or her in the appendant orders) own God and belief structure to the ceremonies. There is nothing in any ceremonies that could contradict their moral or civic duty, period. They are not converted from their existing religion because Freemasonry is not a religion. Some of the orders exclude non-Christians because they do indeed require a deep Christian belief.

3. I don't attend to participate in the worship of anything. I carry my beliefs and faith with me and it is never challenged in any ceremony. I attend for fellowship of intelligent like-minded men, for the banquet, and for community service.

4. It seems that for months to come the "new twists on old topics" will apply as a philosophy for managing anti-Masonic sentiments at ATS. But in truth, there will never be any new ground gained by this kind of topic. People (intelligent, or enquiring, or trolling) will have their fixed perspectives and the outsider looking in will not always value the truth in the information provided by the diligent Brethren who reply to queries (or attacks) here.

Hmmm... each of the above points has a value of 0.5 cents each. Truth can be economical to come by at ATS.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Truth can be economical to come by at ATS.

Yes, but the cost of anger management and trauma therapy required to deal with some of the idiotic claims spewed out on these threads more than makes up for the savings!

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
may i ask what draws you to become a freemason? is it lack of something in life? my friend was not getting on with his wife to well, was a cabbage, bored with life, so he asked in the shop next door where his friend ran a security firm, whom he knew was a mason if he could get him in, which he did. i went to his house the other day where he showed me his certificate. apart from helping eachother getting jobs etc, which youre supposedly not meant to do, im lost what the attraction is. all the rubbish you have to recite, meetings to attend, having to be one all your life once youre in, the silly initiations etc???

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
To understand why men join freemasonry one needs to understand what freemasonry actually is. For some inexplicable reason that is the single most hardest piece of information to get across here at ATS. Now whether that's because our descriptions of freemasonry are inadequate here, or because people simply choose not to believe them in lieu of their own beliefs regarding freemasonry I don't know.

There's much good information regarding what freemasonry is at www.grandlodge-england.org... - people join because they want to be a part of that and take on board what it has to offer.

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by satellitewizard1
may i ask what draws you to become a freemason? is it lack of something in life? my friend was not getting on with his wife to well, was a cabbage, bored with life, so he asked in the shop next door where his friend ran a security firm, whom he knew was a mason if he could get him in, which he did. i went to his house the other day where he showed me his certificate. apart from helping eachother getting jobs etc, which youre supposedly not meant to do, im lost what the attraction is. all the rubbish you have to recite, meetings to attend, having to be one all your life once youre in, the silly initiations etc???

You DO NOT have to be a mason all your life once youre in. Where do you get this garbage?!?!? A mason can demit anytime they want, and many do! I know several!

As for why masons join, there are many reasons. Some want to learn to become better men through Freemasonry's principles, and want to be with other men who share the same ideals and goals. Other simply like the fraternal aspect of it. Admittedly, many join for the wrong reasons, such as career advancement, but they soon quit once they realize that will never materialize.

You are very hasty to call out Freemasonry as silly, pointless and stupid. Why don't you do some research first and try to UNDERSTAND why so many millions of GREAT men have decided to make Freemasonry a central part of their lives, instead of simply dismissing it as nonsense?!?

As it is now, you come off as being incredibly ignorant and childish.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I found this to be very helpful. Frankly, it doesn't bother me one whit that some group or another has a different name for God. I'm guessing that...being God...he answers to A LOT of different names.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The only place I have ever seen the word Jahbulon used in connection with Masonry (or, for that matter, the only place I have seen the name Jahbulon, period) was in an antimasonic article I read, that had so many obvious falsehoods that it was laughable.

I uploaded it here so that you can see for yourself. I disagree with almost the entire contents of the article, but let every reader judge for themselves. Try not to laugh too hard when you read it, hehe.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
The only place I have ever seen the word Jahbulon used in connection with Masonry (or, for that matter, the only place I have seen the name Jahbulon, period) was in an antimasonic article I read, that had so many obvious falsehoods that it was laughable.

If memory serves, the hoax that Masons worship a secret god named Jabulon first appeared in Hannah's anti-Masonic book "Darkness Visible". As mentioned, in some versions of the Royal Arch Degree in the York Rite, a word similar to this is used, but nowhere is it claimed to be the name of a god, or a secret name of God.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I would like to answer satellitewizard1's question.

Tradition & Brotherhood

It may not seem like a good reason to you, but I joined because my father was a mason, both my grandfathers were masons and two more generations on my father's side. I have 5 masonic Bibles on my book shelf.

I joined for tradition and I stay because the fellowship. For example, I am traveling for business and tonight I went to a restaurant for dinner...alone. As I was eating a gentleman saw my ring and asked what lodge I was from, and we had a pleasant conversation for about 5 minutes. You do not get any secret de-coder rings, but every where you go you can get a handshake.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb here, so those who are traditionalists can flame away.

The language used in the regular ceremonies has no place in the modern world. The symbolism is rather esoteric & is basically a blur to those who have been raised in the recent past.

While the sentiments are true to this day, many a good man has been put off by the nonsensical ritual & requirements, or just his plain old duties as a part of a family.

If it were not for the old "stick-in-the-muds", Grand Lodges would be able to attempt to "modernize" rituals, and be more forthcoming. Let's face it.....this isn't your Father's Lodge anymore.

I am required to read, uphold, & interpret the bylaws, constitution, and wishes of the current Grand Lodge. I am not required to agree with them. I will not forget the Landmarks.....and all fashion to hold them in our most goodly care.

Until Masonry wakes up from it's 120 year dream...we are doomed to hearing about "The Way Things Were" instead of hearing about "The Way Things Will Be"

WB M.B. (Sec)
GL SK

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic LightIf memory serves, the hoax that Masons worship a secret god named Jabulon first appeared in Hannah's anti-Masonic book "Darkness Visible". As mentioned, in some versions of the Royal Arch Degree in the York Rite, a word similar to this is used, but nowhere is it claimed to be the name of a god, or a secret name of God.

ARgh! You beat me to it. Yes, it's a hoax by a priest who was afraid of this "protestant menace" and decided to "expose" it by proving that Masons worshipped demons so that he could gather men out of the Masonic fold and bring them to the True Catholic Faith.

It's pretty silly.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
thanks i know i was a bit brutal in my questions. your answers were brilliant and i have learnt things i never would. the guy sat on his own and fellow brothers came to him was cool. also i understand when all your forefathers were freemasons you became one. id like to know more

thanks jason

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join