It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Arc revealed later today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I am curious to see if this is bogus or not. It is supposed to be released on Aug. 14th in Ethiopia, and that could be later tonight on the 13th here. I hope they cover there eyes

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The 9th of Av starts officially at sundown tonight, and I think that was their target date.

I'm most curious, too.

I read an article that Vendyl Jones was sure it was in a cave that leads from under the temple mount outside the city, from something he read in the book of jubilees. I'll try to find the link.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
That was easy.

Here is that article.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Pretty sure this isn't going to happen today.

Since returning from Israel, Vendyl has answered many letters and phone calls, asking about this date. He has also addressed this in his various classes via PalTalk. We were not initially aware how widespread this statement has become, quoted in many newspapers throughout the Jewish world. Of course it has caused a lot of excitement. However, Vendyl was slightly, but significantly, misquoted. What he actually said was that it would be very appropriate IF he could discover the Ark by Tisha B’Av. At this time it is obviously not going to happen. However, as soon as the funding permits, he will be in Israel to drill the bore hole and proceed with the dig to uncover the Tabernacle and the Ark. We are hoping that this will be in September.

You can read more about it here
Here is another link here at ATS that may interest you. It is about Vendyl Jones also.

Hope he is legit. Would be pretty cool to uncover this relic.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by Kata]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The "misquote" statement could just be a cover so he can do it in peace. I would think there would be a little resistance to the uncovering of such an artifact by some people.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by Kata]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Was this a misunderstanding, or another failure for someone to produce on a promise???

All too often we see a man seeking fame and all he finds is notoriety because his claims never prove to be true.

It would be nice if this relic was found, but I'm not holding my breath............

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I hear ya anxietydisorder. It's always good to be a moderate skeptic, sit back and wait, and see what the outcome is. I'm also not holding my breath, but it would be very interesting if Vendyl can come through.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If the arc ever existed to begin with, and if it really was captured by the Babylonians as the Bible records, then it was long ago melted down. Ancient people did not have the appreciation of history that we do. A gold covered box would be valued for its gold content.

[edit on 18-8-2005 by spamandham]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The trouble is that "prophets" are a dime a dozen out there all predicting their version of the bible is true (Just see a recent post in the religion forum to see how yawningly pedantic they are. )

All we have is one persons view, so far hs hasn't DONE anything, its all words, and words that hav been repeated in this feld about Israel prophecy 1000's of times before.. I will suspend judgement until I actually see something, then I will get excited.

Don't you think that if the Israeli government / military knew where the Ark was there wouldn' be a mass stampede to get it? It would be such a morale and emotional boost to the Israelis that they couldn't just ignore it or hide it.

"Hey guys the Arc of the Covenant is just under some big bolders, lets get one of our house demolishing Cat tractors out there and push them out of the way."

It would be a 2 day job at worst.

Also on his website he waits until a few weeks before his expected show date to deny an article that was released in May? Why not do it immediatly if your intention is honerable?

Did he just enjoy the free advertising to sell his book and his tours?

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Netchicken]

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Not "conspiracy" related, moving to spirituality...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If you follow the nile to is origines a lot of african communites worship the Ark, so it stands to reason it might have gone that way before the Hebrew exile to Babylon. There is even a place where the Ark is suppsoe to reside and is protected by a single person for genrations who knows the truth.

The problem is, the ark has a nasty habit of killing thsoe who look upon it, or causeing tumors since it is so Holy. The portraly of it in the Indian Jones movie is fairly accurate since Steven Spielberg is jewish and was very careful about it's details.

But if it was there, there should be no doubt it is there. So we are only left to assume it isn't there and is just a scam that has gone to far now, that there is no way to go back on it.

top topics

join