It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

xmb how to set it up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
this board is created using xmb could i possibly have some help explained in laymen's terms of how to set it up im new to web developing i roughly know sql but would like to know more on this tech and how to set it up

it would be very usfull to me

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
To be honest it's probably easier to just follow the instructions you get with it. They are pretty straight forward and it might help if you print them our to refer to, corssing out every step as you complete it.

Depending on your hosting package you may find that you have the option of loading it on from cPanel, ask your hosting provider and see what they say.

XMB also have some pretty good support forums if you get stuck, but you shouldn;t have too many problems if you follow the instructions.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
are you reffereing to the documentation.zip cause i downloaded that and it was corrupt

yeh i have no instructions

[edit on 13-8-2005 by klain]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
ok i opened it now i had to open it with the windows compression thingy anyway

i now have more questions hehe

what software do i need?

i have mySQL
and sqlYog

how much do i need to know about such things?
i only know a bit of sql and jsp

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Emm. I see what you mean. It should be in the main software download as well though, you should find it in there.

Let me know if you still can't.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
You don't need to know much, are you running it on a local server or have you got a hosting package with someone that you will be installing the board onto?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
i think i'll keep it local for now so i can play around with it then host it
argh crap i think im way out of my depth

[edit on 13-8-2005 by klain]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If your gonna run it locally your going to need to set up a server on your comp, aswell as php. Gotta install Apache and PHP and get it setup properly. Then start Apache and MySQL and create the MySQL database with a name like forums and assign a new user to it. Then put the XMB files in a forum directory in your Docroot folder and edit config.php to match the information you just created. Then access the install folder via localhost... and follow the instructions.

[edit on 8-13-2005 by dreamlandmafia]

top topics

join