It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space weapon testing gone wrong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
..or just freak lightning?

www.azcentral.com...

What is your opinion?

[edit on 12-8-2005 by anorwegianguy1972]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It was a reported by witnesses and meteorologist as lightning, just the biggest they have seen.

What makes you think its a space based weapon?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I can't say Im convinced it was a space based weapon. I would have assumed that a space based weapon would have caused more damage. I think Im going to go with the lightning theory here. We still don't know that much about lightning or how it works (we know something but there are still a lot of unknown variables) for something strange to happen isn't really out of the norm.

If it was a weapons test, it would be a massive massive breach in security and hence a massive failure. Space based weapons are not supposed to exist and to then go an hit a populated area suggests a massive failure in targeting, something that is rather undesirable of such a weapon.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I would have to agree with the story that it was a large (positvely charged strikes are more impressive to see and discharge more voltage/power and may be resposible for "above" cloud sprites) positive lightning strike. Directed energy weapons intent would be to obliterate a target one would think.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Yes, I defenetly think that we shouldn't jump to conclusions about weapons, Of course it could have been one, but we don't posess any proof that would supporst that teory, instead we have knowledge about the lightning, wich in this case sounds very much like this weapon. And even though it migt sound bizarre, it really sounds like a really, really big lightning...
Let's suppose it would have been a weapon, it would defenetly not have been tested if they wouldn't have been sure how it would have acted, and if it would have been a "space weapon" it couldn't be like the lightning, i suppose that a weapon fired from the space could and would not look like a lightning...

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm going for the lightening theory too. If there was going to be a test of a space weapon, i don't think it would be so near to occupied land, you would expect it to be high up and out in the middle of nowhere.

"Their cat, Abigail, was under a bed and survived, he added." The animals always know when something is going down! They can sense it.

edit for spelling.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by PurityOfPeace]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
freak lightning sucks!!

positive strikes & negative bolts

i learn new things every day

apc

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'd have to say there's almost no possible way it was a weapon, unless it was a dramatic failure of control systems and it suddenly fired for no apparent reason. Although I can't even think of a weapon concept that would create a lightning bolt.

Russia would surely be able to put two and two together. They track all our sats just as we track theirs. If there was some new satellite sitting directly above this neighborhood when the bolt hit, they would know about it. And that would be bad.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The link currently doesn't work.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
anorwegianguy1972

The link you provided doesn't work.
Can you provide another link? If not, this discussion is probably over.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Even though I haven't even seen the pic, it'll probally be lightning.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
What happened to the link?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
As it's from a paper, I'm guessing the link disappears about 7 dyas or something.

If anorwegianguy1972 or anyone finds a good link or otherwise provides more info, I will reopen this thread. Just u2u me.
As it is, there seems no need to simply discuss a dead link.

Closed.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

join