It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the reason for the pyrimids

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
i found out the true reason for the prymids while i was thinking about them the other day, and the sphinx. well i figured that prehaps the ancient egyptians just wanted to build something really big.
thinking of the eiffle tower kinda. no real purpose, just built to show off.
maybe they might bury someone famous under there one day?
and when i think about it i find a lot of stupid structures around, serving no reall purpose than to loook at.
for instance in my town of melbourne, beside the free way, there are 6 huge yellow sicks pointing out of the ground at 45 degrees, rising maybe 30 metres in the air, and maybe 70 metres long.
prehaps all the ancient monuments or most of the, are there purly for looks, and hold about as much signifigance as our modern day things

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
There's a lot of writing by the Egyptians of that time that explain why the pyramids were built -- and they are, indeed, tombs. There are 100 or so of them around (not just the Giza ones) and they show stages in development.

Here's a good (easy to read) page on them:
www.culturefocus.com...

Remember that although photographs show the pyramids as isolated, impressive structures, that they were actually part of a large construction (lots of time portions of these buildings were of mud brick and did wash away in the rains... because they're mud, of course.) In addition to the pyramids, there were temples so that people could bring offerings to the dead king/risen god.

And, of course, at Giza they have the workmen's huts still there. Archaeologists are finding old business records, graffiti, letters demanding goods and products for the workers, records of the work, prayers to gods, and so on and so forth in the workmen's area as well as the written records they left on the temple walls (remember, those aren't just pretty pictures. It's a language and one that we know how to read. (okay, one language with several thousand years of modifications and actually two scripts -- demotic and hieroglyphic, but who's counting, eh?)

Here's a fun page with all sorts of information on Egypt, including how to write the numbers:
www.discoveringegypt.com...

It's always fun to write stuff in hieroglyphics!

So, we already know what they were built for and about the people who were building them from the writing they left. And if you learn some hieroglyphics and language, you can actually read the records for yourself.

[edit on 11-8-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
yes i know that, i was having a go at the people who think they got outside help to build and stuff

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Most of these pyramids all coincide with a star, they are placed there so when they leave out of body they are aligned with or lined up with that star.These pyramids are more than just that they are grids that help unlock our true selves.These grids help higher dimensional energies to come into our low dimensional frequency which affect our biological makeup meaning making us less dense/density.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by menguard]

[edit on 15-8-2005 by menguard]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Question:

I did a quick search, but were any bodies ever found inside the Big Three?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
No bodeis were found in the main Giza pyramids, just empty tombs.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
So who was meant to be buried there then?

If they were willing to build something, so large and it was rather a big leap from the smaller pyramids (or at least ones I've seen) why were there no bodies?

Quick question:

Were not things like the Book of the Dead, etc, found there? On the walls?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The bodies were proabably put elsewhere to elude grave robbers. Many egyptian tombs were ransacked and the lure of the grandest pyramids in history would probably have been too much for them.

As for what the pyramids were used for it depends on who you talk to.

Common nonsense includes aliens and the remnants of high tech civilisations showing off. Ignore them because its not true.

Instead the pyramis were probably built for prestige, with the burials actually taking place in a more low key region of the Valley of the Kings that hasnt been found yet.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Are there not also several larger chambers we have not been in yet?

I've seen report of this on a few websites.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
There are rumors that some chambers have been found then hushed up, but that can probably be left in the bin with the aliens, since it would be one of the biggest finds in history and whoever found it would be shouting off the rooftops!

You may be thinking if a small passageway that is blocked by three pieces of stone, this is too small for a shild to crall down, but robots have been drilling through the stones to see what is behind, only to find a new stone each time.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

According to our present knowledge the Great Pyramid is mostly solid mass, it’s only known interior spaces being the Descending passage (the original entrance), the Ascending passage, the Grand Gallery, a mysterious grotto, an equally mysterious subterranean chamber, and the two main chambers. These two chambers, called the King's Chamber and the Queen's Chamber, have unfortunately retained the misleading names given to them by early Arab visitors to the pyramid. It is an Arab custom to bury men in tombs with a flat roof and women in rooms with a gabled roof; therefore, in the Great Pyramid, the flat-roofed granite chamber became the King's Chamber, while the gabled, limestone chamber below became the Queen's. Even those archaeologists who still stubbornly subscribe to the tomb theory of the pyramid do not believe that a queen or anyone else was ever buried in the limestone chamber.

www.sacredsites.com...

I did a quick search and it seems as though there is another chamber (from what dozens of sites say, both Alien based and Scientifically based) as well as another chamber still under the Sphinx.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I suppose if you read why the Denver Airport Murals were made the way they were, people will write that it was only a memorial. But hey, they dont know, only the people behind it really know what its about.

How about the way washington was designed, just co-incidence? most people might not even mention it at all, yet some have found other meanings.

The fact that they are tombs does not really explain why they were built. the Pyramid shape is a very popular symbol of power, even today

In my opinion the idea that they were built as tombs and then the bodies were put somewhere else is ludicrous and a better explanantion must be available than that.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Why is the idea of hiding the bodies ludicrous?

Ancient Egypt had massive problems with grave robbing, the only tomb found intact is that of Tutenkhamun (sp).

The Egyptian authorities were aware of the problem, so when the King died why would they want to risk the Pharoe losing all his treaure for the afterlife? (religion has to be taken into account)

Having built these wonderous monuments it was obvious that they would be a target for grave robbing at some point in he future, since Egyptian culture had already been through several hughs and lows that saw tombs vandalised.

Therefore they put the bodies and treasure elsewhere, is that really so hard to believe?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
kind of.
they built the thing then didnt use it.
id suggest it wasnt a tomb then, more like a monument

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Yup, as i said, they were built mostly for prestige. A guarantee of immortality.

Remember the name of Rameses and the awe his creations command!

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Read the article I posted.

The coffin is too large (which they have used for roughly 3000 years) to get in the pyramid.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Could they not have built the sarcophogus as part of the pyramid?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Could they not have built the sarcophogus as part of the pyramid?

As the article points out, they placed them in the Tomb for over 3000 years, after the Tombs were built. Never before. Never while being built. (It gives several sources on the matter).

So I doubt they would change?

I even remember reading stuff about having temporary sort of holding cells for the sarcophogus' if the tomb was not buit/finished yet. I'll try and look it up. (For other sites.)

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
so how many pyramids are there (i dont even know this, i know nothing)

and how many had bodies inside? what about just coffins or something?
i had the impression that they were all full of mummies.

look at it

i cant beleive that the king built it yet didnt use it, how gutted would he be, lol. Surely if they have the organization to build something like that, they can protect it from criminals once it is built.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Source

I would like to know how everyone reaches a conclusion that this was to the coffer to hold the sarcophagus. I have never seen a reference to any sort of writing (by the Egyptians) inside or outside of the pyramids that say such a thing.

In fact, the only mention I have ever seen is because It's the King's Chamber which I showed above as an assumption.

In fact to me, it looks like a big stone box. That probably held something or was going to hold something. A lot more important then one King.

But the simple question is; "Did that something ever arrive"?

My personnal view is a simple one. The pyramids were built over an extended period of time. Probably hundreds of years. Probably before the dates we give them. Khafre (I think it was) just did a touch up on them.

I'd go as far as to say it was built as a "resting" place (Not tomb) for a God which never arrived. Shut off and sealed till he did arrive.

It was found empty because he never did.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join