It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the reason for the pyrimids

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There was a lot of reasearch done on this topic here at ats:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Several us did reasearch on how and why they were built and there are several very informative links.

Hope this helps ya.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
But Byrd, the point still stands that a coffer could not fit (the one they found) through the tunnels...

Also wasn't the Pyramid once covered in stones with writing on them? Why keep a record of what it was for when you already had the record built onto it?

Also look how much books written 2000 years ago have changed the meaning of words, names, etc. Would it not be possible for the same to have happened in Egypt?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
The bodies were proabably put elsewhere to elude grave robbers. Many egyptian tombs were ransacked and the lure of the grandest pyramids in history would probably have been too much for them.

As for what the pyramids were used for it depends on who you talk to.

Common nonsense includes aliens and the remnants of high tech civilisations showing off. Ignore them because its not true.

Instead the pyramis were probably built for prestige, with the burials actually taking place in a more low key region of the Valley of the Kings that hasnt been found yet.

ugh... I just love this, the uniformed who have never been able to come across the vast amount of evidence relating to alien existence. You can't simply deny thousands of years of cave paintings depicting flying craft, accounts of "flying serpents" the world over in virtually every ancient civilization, "man-made" structures on the moon, UFOs and USOs sighted the world over, and other incredible pheomenon such as the Crystal Skulls of South America - having no sign of tool or fingernail markings, they couldn't exist by our normal concepts of what most believe history to be.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
We know several things to be true:

-No royal mummies were ever found in any of the Giza pyramids.
-No wall decorations or funerary or royal texts were found in those three pyramids, save for later dated graffiti bearing the pharaoh’s name. The first pyramidal funerary decoration belongs to Unas, 300 years later.
-Mastabas were the usual tombs for the pharaohs thereafter for a short while, where they were later built up to resemble pyramids. Tombs then reverted back to the earliest known means of interment that being underground, later to be followed by hillside/cave tombs.
-Most pyramids thereafter were built of mudbrick.
-The first documented breach of either of the three was made by Caliph Al Mamoun 820 AD, and he found nothing save for a sarcophagi. Richard Vyse 18th century ACE, dynamited his way into Khafre’s and found nothing.
-There is much evidence of a work force being housed beside the pyramid complexes and much more that they did in fact work on building same.
-There is zero evidence to support extra-intelligent lifeforms in Egypt much less being involved in the building projects.
-It was not possible for grave robbers to have secured their way into the pyramids and stolen any bodies, artifacts or wealth, as there was no evidence of breach until Al Mamoun.
-Had they somehow done so in a fashion that still escapes Egyptologists today, it is very unlikely they would have robbed them of every last piece of artifact, as no other tomb robbing can make that claim.

It is also presumed that they were tombs simply because of the pyramid and book of the dead texts found on others. This does not make it so, as it is quite possible that the bodies were buried elsewhere such as underneath the causeway in those massive and water logged chambers; and that and these were just massive memorials to pharaoh or some god. There are countless mummies held which cannot be identified, and it is quite possible that whomever persons were responsible for these buildings are among the unidentified.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   

ugh... I just love this, the uniformed who have never been able to come across the vast amount of evidence relating to alien existence. You can't simply deny thousands of years of cave paintings depicting flying craft, accounts of "flying serpents" the world over in virtually every ancient civilization, "man-made" structures on the moon, UFOs and USOs sighted the world over, and other incredible pheomenon such as the Crystal Skulls of South America - having no sign of tool or fingernail markings, they couldn't exist by our normal concepts of what most believe history to be.

Cheers love, glad i make you happy.

Now then, lets answer your well informed and researched points:

Crystal Skulls can be foundhere.
Not quite so alein really, even those who faked them didnt bother to mention the space ships.

Man made structures on the moon, one photo they are there, often in heavy shadows, a photot a few days later and they mysteriously vanish. Hmmm.

Art works that shows lenticular clouds, must be flying saucers. Cave paintings with stylised clouds! 'Gods' who could fly, no one could possibly have made any of this up while stoned!

Sorry but your wrong.

Unless this is all a big joke i have missed, in which case im sorry!

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
But Byrd, the point still stands that a coffer could not fit (the one they found) through the tunnels...

They put the coffer in when the pyramid's level is to the level where the coffer goes (there is room to carry the mummy itself down). Then they finish the pyramid.

Also wasn't the Pyramid once covered in stones with writing on them?

No.

Why keep a record of what it was for when you already had the record built onto it?

The records are in the workmen's areas, saying "Ptahrafer received 20 loads of limestone, six loads of dates, and 30 jars of wine today. Sending request for 40 loads of sandstone and 15 loads of grain." and things like that.

But in front of the pyramids (all of them) are large chapels (that the New Agers conveniently ignore) that are full of writings. They have prayers to the soul of the person who was in the tomb (remember, the Pharoahs went on to be gods in the afterlife) There are areas for offerings as well as the offerings themselves (often inscribed with the names of the owners.) The family of the Pharoah were usually buried in smaller tombs (occasionally pyramids, though rarely so) and quarters for the priests (they didn't just build the tomb and walk away... the chapels left there were staffed by priests who accepted the offerings and sacrifices , nd tended the area and said prayers and so forth. Occasionally you'll find additional papyrus documents as well.

And they didn't stay for 30 days and leave, either.

Also look how much books written 2000 years ago have changed the meaning of words, names, etc. Would it not be possible for the same to have happened in Egypt?

In fact, it did and there are changes that I'm aware of through each milennium. But the point is we still know how to read them -- just as I and many others can read Shakespearian English, the English of the 14th century, and even work our way through older forms of English as well. But "offering for the ka of" looks the same no matter what milennium you are investigating.

If you look at the Revisionists (New Agers, Hancock, and so forth) you'd think all the Egyptians ever did was make three pyramids, the Sphynx, and leave behind the Book of the Dead and the treasure of Tut and a few statues and wall panels. Nothing could be farther from the truth, and the amount of text we have is vast.

And many people know how to read it. Hancock, however, is not one of them. Nor is Sitchin. Nor Velikovsky.

Amazon has some great books on hieroglyphics. The classic (and my favorite) is the Collier-Manley teach yourself book.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
There's a lot written in America in English about a lot of things. However, no one in America knows anything about the past or prehistoric traditions or myths. Which then, is why they mistakenly view truth as "myths", and ancient propaganda as "fact". Nothing written in English about anything is relevant to anything. How much more so would it have been in ancient less advanced cultures. Those with the knowledge just didn't revel it to the soceties or kings. Thousands of years from now they will believe the thousands of books written in ENglish, however, nothing written in english is correct about anything, exept superficial things. WHen it comes to more profound knowledge, or prehistory, it's a blank spot in their minds, they haven't a clue. Neither did the Egyptians. However, there were traditions which did keep this knowledge. 500 worldwide actually. Those are real traditions, not what was "recorded" by kings and societies.

THe graves of the "Pyramid builders" is especially unconvincing. Yeah ,right. Egyptologists have shown themselves to be not toally honest, or not really understanding.

Just caus a regular society or the societies people wrote something, in no way means it is true. In fact, it is most likely the case that it was all made up by societal people, not monks or small traditions that were left from the flood.

To be clear, regular society history is never accurate. If you want real history, don't look to the normal societies of kings, etc. THey didn't preserve any knowledge of prehistory, and due to their conciousness, have no way to ever know. What is written in the history books of any society in known history, can't in any possible way be accurate. If you believe they built the Pyramids, that's like believing their Gods wre real, all powerful Gods. It's not true just cause it's written. If you're gonna believe human society records, you might as well believe the bible as historical fact, it was written a long time ago after all.
If it was written by an unspiritual culture, of regular people, lies are inevitably added. And, when someone has a high position in any field, it is inevitable that they defend the status quo no matter what. To think Science can overcome corruption from personal gain, that is the real mistake. Only pre-ancient traditions can do that

People will say Graham Hancock, or those who carry on prehistoric traditions are "anti" science. THey aren't, they are pro science. THey are simply pointing out, that science is incorrect when it comes to most things. If they were, they'd just let science continue on living in the dark randomly finding things that seem weird to them, like a blind person.

[edit on 19-8-2005 by Kilik11]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I just adore conversations about Egypt. Okay, from what I read so far. There are pyramids located all the way down to Sudan (which was also part of Ancient Egypt) and West in Libya. The Egyptians had a hard time building pryamids, some were not as dimensional as others built during Snefroe's time. Their first successful pyramid was the Step Pyramind built by Imhotep during King Djoser's time. The pyramids of Giza were built under Orion's belt-that is each star of the belt has a pyramid underneath-YES it's true! All structures in the Ancient world were built to go upwards to be closer the sun and sky-quite obvious why they are so big. Khufu has the largest pyramid, and Khafre kind of cheated and built his on a high plateau.

The reason king Tut had such a has his grave intact was because it was so well hidden in the Valley of the kings with all sorts of traps-just like any other pyramid.

Yes, there has been a chamber discovered under the Sphinx, Mr. Hawas is still investigating.

I went to Egypt and through out history the pyramid symbolized a great power. It is said if you keave a knife over night in one of the pyramids it will become sharper the next day. I remember taking my video cam and the battery went out the whole day. Weird, huh? You can really feel the energy...

Over thousands of years these pyramids have been robbed. Seems though in this article they found a chamber:
"Using architectural analysis and ground-penetrating radar, two amateur French Egyptologists claim to have discovered a previously unknown corridor inside the pyramid. They believe it leads directly to Khufu's burial chamber, a room which - if it exists - is unlikely ever to have been violated, and probably still contains the king's remains."

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There has never been found any mummy in a pyramid, the claim that it is a tomb is only a theory and should be threated as such.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
My question on the topic of pyramids and the Ancient Egyptians is this.
- How did archeologists begin to understand hieroglyphics? I just don't understand how they could associate words/letters with pictures and form sentences.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
In the 19th century a tablet was found that had the same document in three languages, two of which were understood and one of which was heiroglyphics. A french archaeologist studied the stone for years and cracked the code.

The stone was called the Rosetta stone and was probably the greatest find in Egypt.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Oh, Ive just been looking at pictures of the Rosetta Stone. Thanks for answering my question.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kilik11
Nothing written in English about anything is relevant to anything.
[edit on 19-8-2005 by Kilik11]

Killik,

Thanks for the insight. Given that it was "written in English" though, shouldn't we take it as not "relevant to anything"? I , for one, do.

Harte

Jes

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
Most of these pyramids all coincide with a star, they are placed there so when they leave out of body they are aligned with or lined up with that star.These pyramids are more than just that they are grids that help unlock our true selves.These grids help higher dimensional energies to come into our low dimensional frequency which affect our biological makeup meaning making us less dense/density.

Yes I agree with Menguard on this about the pyramids, and like many other structures(ancient sites) built on this planet, they store information within stone. The pyramid is used for one main purpose. As a structure that gathers energy from Earth and sends it outward, this shape is all about the use of angles and shapes. As some of you may know, energy collects in angles, in shapes, and forms. It is also known that certain angles have power points and that certain things happen with certain angles, (and because certain degrees have certain powers is why sometimes you will find that certain angles are uncomfortable for you to be in). Anyways... with that said, on this planet and throughout the cosmos, the pyramid is significantly used to represent a great unity of conciousness. When you become aware of the divine conciousness that seeds this planet, once you ask to be a part of the conciousness, you are implanted with this pyramid structure along with other geometric forms (that come in a variety of shapes). In other words, it becomes part of you. So...since you are now aware of this divine awakening, (u ready? This is where the pyramid power comes in), you are now linked to the powers of the pyramid. Your frequency is now being transmitted out to the world to help those who aren't aware yet. You get it? The same explanation goes for the crop circles, and hieroglyphs/pictographs(which are a similar generation of intelligence) all over the world. They are being put on Earth to assist humanity in holding and managing our frequencies.The crop cirlcles are like a language or a song being implanted on the surface of the Earth with symbols from an intelligence in the form of a wave. These crop cirlces (although scattered all over the planet), will connect and move a frequency band around the planet that will help activate Earth's gridwork which will have a frequency that humanity can use to evolve.

Jes

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
In the 19th century a tablet was found that had the same document in three languages, two of which were understood and one of which was heiroglyphics. A french archaeologist studied the stone for years and cracked the code.

The stone was called the Rosetta stone and was probably the greatest find in Egypt.

Well, if someone were to read the hieroglyphs based on the Rosetta Stone, the hieroglyphs would mean one thing. If one were to remember the secret language of the preists, the hieroglyphs would mean another thing. Yet if one were able to understand the language of the creator gods, they would mean something totally different. Just a comment

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
menguard:

For those wanting to know more about the pyramids, read "The Book of Knowledge"/"Keys of Enoch".

Also, search the Internet regarding pyramids and energy. You will find some experiements you can do with pyramids that create VERY WEIRD results.

Pyramids simply resonate to a certain "frequency/energy" and this "frequency/energy" is quite amazing

Seek and ye shall find.

Cheers

JS

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
In the book "The Children of the Law of One" it talks about the great pyramid "Khufu" (sp?) as being a power plant, with the Ark (arc) of the Covenant being a capacitor. This sounds very plausible to me, so I choose to believe this concept over all the others.

peace

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Um, werent the pyramids built before the ark of the covanent? Assuming that it even exists.

And where did the Egyptians route this power to?
And what did they do with it?
And where in the pyramid do you find any evidence of such activities taking place?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I must admit to having a laugh at some of the theories put forward in some of these posts, Aliens, tombs, built by Khufu etc.
Firstly the pyramids at Giza were built by an unknown advanced civilisation at some point in the remote past. The possibility that they were built in 20 years by a workforce however skilled they were is highly unlikely. The purpose of the pyramids is also unknown but there is NO evidence at all to suggest that they were built as tombs. It is possible that Khufu, Khafre and Menkaure took these edifices as their own.
There is a possibility that the were designed as some sort of "power plant" as evidence suggests.
The worker village that was found suggests to me that they were the ones who built the causeways and other temple complexes that date to the 4th dynasty and not the pyramids themselves. This is due to the differences in architecture i.e the mortuary complexes and the sphinx temple.

G

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Byrd, sorry about that I didn't make my point clear.

From my research I've found that the pyramids were once covered by [what I think was] white stone to make it into a true pyramid. These stone/marble/whatever's, had writing on them. However during an earthquake the Mosque's were rebuilt by this stone [some sources say you can still see the hieroglyphs[a few]].

My point was: Why build and keep records of the purpose of the Pyramids when they had written records on them? Also I don't argue against them finding records of transporting stones, but I've never seen it [translated] as saying it was for the pyramids.

Isn't it just as likely the temples could have been built after they exist and the records being for the temples not the pyramids?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join