It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The drills start tomorrow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Military officers and in particular command officers are held to very high standards because they are supposed to be unimpeachable examples of what their troops should strive to be. Divorce and affairs among the lower ranks won't cause much of a sensation, but when you get to officer level, it becomes a serious matter.

On the flip side of the coin, whenever I was off duty....I did not like the Army having a strangle hold on my personal life. A affair that did not include a staff member or affect his duties as a General should not be grounds for dismissal.

I remember my company commander calling me up to his desk because I had not written my parents (My Dad is a Jerk ) in almost 2 years....and he forced me to sit down in front of him and write a letter. So, IMO, the Army needs to MYOB.

I never liked them interfering in my personal life....as long as Im on time for work everyday and I have not broken any laws...get off my back.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It's 10:44 has anything happened yet?

I wonder if we check middle east papers/media we'll get a whiff of something.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

Originally posted by Byrd

Military officers and in particular command officers are held to very high standards because they are supposed to be unimpeachable examples of what their troops should strive to be. Divorce and affairs among the lower ranks won't cause much of a sensation, but when you get to officer level, it becomes a serious matter.

On the flip side of the coin, whenever I was off duty....I did not like the Army having a strangle hold on my personal life. A affair that did not include a staff member or affect his duties as a General should not be grounds for dismissal.

I remember my company commander calling me up to his desk because I had not written my parents (My Dad is a Jerk ) in almost 2 years....and he forced me to sit down in front of him and write a letter. So, IMO, the Army needs to MYOB.

I never liked them interfering in my personal life....as long as Im on time for work everyday and I have not broken any laws...get off my back.

Maximu§

Wow, I think this is the first time I agreed with anything Maximus has posted, so it's pretty obvious that something is bound to happen. The whole situation is a bit fishy, can this administration be so arrogant to believe that they can sell another war to the American people. Then again, this is the country that elected Bush and Clinton. How I long for the days of Reagan! Although I disagreed with many of his policies, at least I was proud to call him My President!

[edit on 11-8-2005 by QuietRenegade]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Even the animals are concerned....

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Nope, I won't get distracted this time. Karl Rove still leaked the CIA agent's name to the media.

[edit on 11-8-2005 by NoJustice]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
[snip]

You don't ever actually have a personal life when you are in the military. You are expected to conduct yourself in a "proper" military way all the time. Yeah, I know that it is a "job" and that you work hours and have evenings and weekends off, but even then, you are not truly off in the sense that you are in civillian life.

As for the forced letter, I am sure it is something that came up because your family/dad was concerned and complained about it.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Anyone think these so called drills have been delayed because of the Tropical Storm Irene? or is this the perfect time to conduct such a drill like this...

news.yahoo.com.../ap/2 0050812/ap_on_re_us/tropical_weather&cid=519&ncid=1112

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
so if something does happen during this 'exercise'....would they just call it ANOTHER coincidence?? 911 and 7/7 both having 'exercises' on the same day and time and then this 'exercise' something happens........do you othink they would be able to get away with it a 3rd time?? if they do, they deserve to rule the world because the sheeple are too hoplessly, utterly, more than likley unknowingly ignorant...uncapable of seeing past their own self imposed prison...'a prison for your mind...........'

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Not the 7/7 exercise again *yawn* how many times do we have to go over this. It's not even like there arn't enough good, valid, points to be looking at.
Do we get to hear about the ridiculous statistics again too?
It's this persistance of following disproven and illogical paths that give conspiracy theorists a bad name.
There are military and civilian exercises all the time, every day. Get over it.

It's like waiting for the Aussie Bloke thing again.

This isn't a movie, don't get me wrong there are conspiracies everywhere and no-one is innocent, but some of these ideas have almost a 'movie' feel to them. I've known about exercise's and drills that most people don't (not classified, just not in the public domain), they happen all the time, if a terrorist can think of a viable scenario then so can the officials, and they will obviously base exercies on the most viable scenarios - but guess what, most of the time nothing happens.
If you want statistics, have a look to see how many exercises occur and there ARN'T any terrorist attacks. Don't want to? Only want to look at the 'stats' that 're-inforce' your ideas? Want to tell me to shut up and go to bed?

About right.

Problem is, everyone's too busy discussing ideas like this which lead nowhere to pay attention to the real issues, like the RFID transmitters being introduced into number plates here in the UK (starting this year), the bomb in the prison where Richard Reid and co are being held and how it happened (was that an exercise too?), the ridiculous fuel prices, immigrants being made jobless to make way for 'cheaper' immigrants, etc, etc.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by AgentSmith]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join