It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Power Cut

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well, the outage was confined to South London and areas in Kent. I know London and the Underground network is now up and running but I'm not sure about the Parts of Kent but they are probably back too.

Unfortunately I can't find any radar pictures other than the BBC weather one. It does show moisture accumilating over London at the time of the Power Outage. That could be looked into.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I've had no luck finding any radar loops that show base reflectivity for that area. Glad power is being restored, however. It was just a curious hunch anyway..something to entertain the PrankMonkey

With the intense heat they have been having it could have been an overload and what fixed radars I have seen also shows some strong storms moving around the area.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
I've had no luck finding any radar loops that show base reflectivity for that area. Glad power is being restored, however. It was just a curious hunch anyway..something to entertain the PrankMonkey

With the intense heat they have been having it could have been an overload and what fixed radars I have seen also shows some strong storms moving around the area.

well i want to be wrong. so many believe in all these conspiracies that there's an NWO or alien take over or some other dark insidious group of people lurking in the shadows waiting to take over the world. and so many times ive heard predictions about this that and the other and none of them happened and people dont seem to learn from this. dont go running around screaming the sky is falling when something happens ESPECIALLY when there is no info available to base such assertions on other than your own "gut instinct". (which simply doesnt hold water with me, i want facts, not feelings)

so yeah this is entertaining to me to see people panicing over what appears to be nothing at this point.

although such situtations will indicate who is likely to just freak out and who will remain level headed enough to figure a course of action IN CASE something DOES happen. i have a better understanding who the panicy people are now....

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
highly interesting.......... i couldnt get on the net for a long time my connection went down

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
well i never was cut off. I think this was a hacker or a crappy grid line or something now, coz it only lasted 32 mins or so

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I have no doubt that it was an attack of some type... however, its short duration could well be attributed to lessons learned from the NYC experience, and the implementation of hacker defences, and likely prepositioned technical people to deal with the kind of chaos they had seen in NYC... of course, this would indicate some kind of prior knowledge of the attack....

Hmmmmm..... maybe Whispers was right?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
whispers could have been right. we just have to wait and see what happens next

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
who was that member who said weird stuff was going to happen in august.. he is banned now

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
London hit by power cut!!! stockexchange and underground hit by power cut!!

www.sky.com...

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by infinite]

Man this is some serious stuff!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
He wasnt banned, he left and never returned after a member contacted the FBI.... BladeRunner, you missed a lot!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
no not him, the otherone from atleast 4-5 months ago he wanted a crew to go and assasinate people or something...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
highly interesting.......... i couldnt get on the net for a long time my connection went down

Mine did too. Comcast cable. I was out for an hour.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
the depos or routers or something musta went down..

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
the depos or routers or something musta went down..

I'm on the west coast of the us. how could a router or depo in the uk cause my isp to do down? maybe it can i don't know.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
oh sorry, i thought you was uk... lol unrelated incidents obviously

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join