It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Forces(Green Berets)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I've read a couple different books on the Special Forces(Green Berets) and I've also had some interest in being in the Special Forces but I read that Captains are the only Special Forces officers who see combat/go on real-world missions and they only serve for 18 months before being moved onto something else. I was just wondering if you guys could shed some truth on whether or not its true that what I just wrote and whether or not its true that officers above the rank of Captain in Special Forces never see combat/real-world missions? Thanks

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Anybody have any ideas on this?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
here is an slight info on Army Special Forces Captains.

www.specialoperations.com...

and here is what happens to those who are not Captains in the Army Special Forces.

www.specialoperations.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I guess what I'm trying to ask is it true that Captains in Special Forces are only operational for 18 months and do officers in Special Forces above the Captain level ever see any combat/go on any real-world missions?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
now i am a marine not a green berrett, however i can imagine they work very similar to us. captains do see combate just like everyone else....ya see a captain isnt' all THAT high in the rank file.

Second Lt.
First Lt.
Cpt.
Major
Lt. Col.
Col.
B. General
M. General
Lt. General

General

so a captain is simply not really all that high, they are a leader dont get me wrong. but they arnt exempt from combat simply because they are officers. we do need officers in the field ya know.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Im pretty sure everyone up to and including Colonel are actually "in" the field. You dont see generals with a rifle shooting at bad guys. Ive heard numerous stories of Colonels fighting though.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
light col. i can see but not a full bird. at least i've never been next to a full bird in a fire fight.

top topics

join