It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora is useless

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If the Aurora was created and cancelled, wouldn't they have acknowledged its existance by now? On the other hand, if they built it and it's still in service, wouldn't they STILL have told us about it by now? I mean, people have been talking about this plane for 20 years...how long did it take them to come out of the black with the F-117, B-2, U-2, SR-71, etc.? Why would the Aurora be any differnet?

It's not as if it uses some highly advanced propulsion system like antigravity that if acknowldged would shake things up. If all the reports are right it still uses thrust propulsion, albeit a different kind of thrust propulsion.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Not that anyone knows for sure but it seems the "Aurora Project" is a testbed of new technologies and propulsion systems that are being tested on a number of different flying vechicles. The Aurora Plane which people seem to want to dis is just the most known of this "Black Project". It does seem like we have developed a propulsion system that will keep the USA on the Leading edge for some time. Who knows how else this project will end up really being used. Imagine it being a passenger plane, Imagine it being an ultimate bomber too fast and too high to be hit, to quick to react to in time.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludo182
According to the myth, Aurora is a high-speed (mach 6) reconnaissance plane but why would we waste all that fuel and money to get some pics and data when we have more than 30 spy satellites orbiting around the Earth? Satellites are much more reliable and can not be detected...

thats not right
It is essentialy a very top secret goverment project to develop a stealth fighter invisble to radar and able to evade most jet aircraft using a new type of engine or fuel. It may have been an adaption of many secret projects initiated by the nazis twords the end of ww2. Like u2.
The cia is apperetly been aiding to the ufo reports and leading us to belive it is another
"alien craft" to conceal iit's true nature. Wich is a FACT it append with both the u2 and stealth bomber.
Another theory states that aroura was made through alien technology.
It has been repordetly seen all over including on a strip of the secrt govt base known as area 51 which i am sure you have heard of

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
If the Aurora was created and cancelled, wouldn't they have acknowledged its existance by now? On the other hand, if they built it and it's still in service, wouldn't they STILL have told us about it by now? I mean, people have been talking about this plane for 20 years...how long did it take them to come out of the black with the F-117, B-2, U-2, SR-71, etc.? Why would the Aurora be any differnet?

Mechanical stealth is not the only thing necessary to the successful infiltration, information gathering, and retrieval without detection of a mission. There is also informational stealth. Right now it's a myth pretty much. If it DOES exist, then no gov't is actually gonna believe that the US has this capability to penetrate and spy on enemy territory without fear of detection or retribution (within reason). If they admitted to having such an asset, all countries suspicious of the US would soon beef up security and interception patrols to prevent any sensitive information from being found.

It's not as if it uses some highly advanced propulsion system like antigravity that if acknowldged would shake things up. If all the reports are right it still uses thrust propulsion, albeit a different kind of thrust propulsion.

Well that's not really fair to say, considering we have no proven documents or blueprints on the Aurora. All we have are specifications that are said to be real, though that is unproven, and informed guesses. While somewhat unbelievable it is yet possible that such technology exists that can warp gravity.

How incredibly stupid that the most advanced and secret technology is geared toward blowing up fellow man.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkpr0
Mechanical stealth is not the only thing necessary to the successful infiltration, information gathering, and retrieval without detection of a mission.

Considering information gathering, a Mach 6 spy plane can only gather information in a timespan of just a few minutes that can be counted on the fingers of your hand. Mach 6 = ~2km/s so after 1 min you're 120 km away, turn radius is also extremely large at that speed so it's not like you can circle above a target. So at best, you can hope to take a few pictures and pray you're lucky that something hidden from satellites is during those few exact minutes in an oncovered state. For signals intelligence, capturing phone calls etcetera like those between two Iraqis that Colin Powell played in the UN, you need slower moving planes that can loiter around.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I suggest a mach6 craft can deliver a weapon without fear of prior radar detection and probably without identification after it drops and leaves.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
There are stealth bombers like the B2 that can do the same and who can hang around above the target and make another run, plus the weapons load is much greater. With a Mach 6 plane you can't do another run as your turn radius is immense. I doubt there are (m)any current situations in which a Mach 6 plane would make a difference.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
By the way, don't get me wrong, a Mach 6 plane, if it exists, would be an immense technological accomplishment just like the Concorde, but just like the Concord it would also make little sense as the "inferior" slower craft can perform the same function - transporting people in case of the Concorde, transporting weapons for your idea - with many characteristics - fuel consumption, payload, in case of your idea being able to make another round or loiter around - that outweigh the small benefit of being faster.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Remember people... the faster the better... it is! like it came go half way around the world in 3 hours and drop bombs... that is really good...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It just sounds impressive till you start to think of the disadvantages as compared to some lower speed alternatives.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Think about it...What real reason is there that the USAF would reveal some Black Aircraft...Since a "groundshaker" of a plane hasn't been revealed in some time.

The Blackbird was groundshaking, it broke record after record, and the Nighthawk was stealth, B-2 even better stealth with a large (nuclear capable) payload.

I kinda wonder why would they reveal anything? The black budget is secret, know one knows were the money is going? If they have some PDE powered mach 6 spyplane and it worked great and was in operation for 15 years and then they retired it, why tell the public? Just so they can complain about the project, people complain about the B-2's high costs, well what if this thing is more expensive.
OR the fact that no other country has a operational Aircraft that uses Pulse Detonation for its propulsion, so why release it? Only to have everyone else pick it apart to reveal everything about it. Even surface images tell a lot about something. Then lets say its now the year 2020, and other nations are coming out with PDE Aircraft and all its secrets it had 30 years ago when it began its operational life are now known,.....Why release it, is there still any point for the public to know? They dont know, and most of them dont care where the money went, and besides it was 3 decades ago...it doesn't matter anymore. And its existance will become the stuff of myth, sice there is no real proof the craft was ever constructed.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
From what I heard the so called Aurora is actually a Mach 12 plane, that it seems to be nearing decommissioning and is being replaced by a UAV.

I guess it will be revealed when China haves something similar, because if indeed true, although an 80's plane it seems that it is some generation ahead of anything right now.

And about it's usefulness, relying on satellites has proven to be a mistake. Just remember how sat surveillance fell to find India's and Pakistan nuclear programmes...

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by iris_failsafe
And about it's usefulness, relying on satellites has proven to be a mistake. Just remember how sat surveillance fell to find India's and Pakistan nuclear programmes...

If satellites failed at that, how would a Mach 6, 8 12 or whatever unrealistic number do any better?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon666

Originally posted by iris_failsafe

If satellites failed at that, how would a Mach 6, 8 12 or whatever unrealistic number do any better?

It has been explained on this thread before, but I will explain it again.

Sats are very easy to track. So the enemy knows when a sat is overhead. Thus, they can simply hide everything they don't want you to see. Check out the sat photos of area 51 on google. Notice that NOTHING is outside? This is common procedure for any military worth it's stripes. They follow the sats and have 'windows' where there is no coverage in which to operate. Notice also about 6 months ago some democrat let out the word that the US was working on stealth satalites? That is to try and counteract this problem.

A stealth Mach 6 aircraft could get over it's target and take pictures before the enemy would know it is there. The high speed is a very important part of the equation. If someone visually sees the aircraft, it is still likely that it can fly to it's target and snap pictures before the enemy would recieve word of it's aproach and have time to hide everything.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
what if the satallites are just a ploy? no seriosly........SERIOUSLY! think about it, you get the enemyt looking one way into the skies and quicker than they can think about it, SHOOM!, outta nowhere comes this plane that gets the otherside of the camo netting over their scuds...plausible....

[edit on 16-8-2005 by Tinko1]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
You don't just hide a nuclear test site. The only objects that a Mach 6 spy plane could be useful for are mobile rocket launchers and new planes, like Russia and China have, but it is doubtful the US would risk diplomatic incidents to actually overfly the latter two, as they likely have the technology to detect them on IR and Russia probably to shoot them down. So that leaves just mobile rocket launchers.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludo182
Satellites are much more reliable and can not be detected...

They Can't? I think you might want to reconsider your statement! NORAD can track and indentify ANYTHING that enters earth orbit. Have you ever heard of the Scoot-and-Hide shelters at Groom Lake? They use these to hide stuff from satellites. A satellite is one a fixed orbit, so you can predict when it comes and goes.

Tim

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I mean, people have been talking about this plane for 20 years...how long did it take them to come out of the black with the F-117, B-2, U-2, SR-71, etc.? Why would the Aurora be any differnet?

I believe the first prototype of the F-117 was developed in 1975 and it took until 1988 for the taxpayers to get a good look at it. Thats 13 years of secrecy so theres no reason why they couldn't keep a project secret for longer. If the aurora really has been cancelled what would they gain by revealing that a lot of money has been wasted on the aircraft?

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

You don't just hide a nuclear test site. The only objects that a Mach 6 spy plane could be useful for are mobile rocket launchers and new planes...
ISN'T THAT WHAT I JUST SAID!? And what does everyone (or anyone) think about my idea? feeling ignored here...

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinko1

You don't just hide a nuclear test site. The only objects that a Mach 6 spy plane could be useful for are mobile rocket launchers and new planes...
ISN'T THAT WHAT I JUST SAID!? And what does everyone (or anyone) think about my idea? feeling ignored here...

lol, basically yes. But that happens a lot here. For instance, the person who posted before you said the same think that I explained several posts before him.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join