It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Streetlights go out when you walk under them... pt2

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by launchpad

Street lights have been going out on me for years. It's not a random incident either. I've experimented with this, and my husband walked ahead, the lights stayed on, I walked under it and it went out. We tried this a few times. We walked many times a week and this always happened. Not with all the lights though. Recently, walking down a flight which was flanked on either side with globe shaped lights, approximately five on each side, as I walked down the stairs, one by one, they all went out. This was witnessed by a student who came along behind me and he gave me a strange look as he ran by. I stood behind and they came on again, and I saw a group of students coming down the stairs, and the lights stayed on. This has been happening to me for years. Even when I'm in car at night stopped waiting for the traffic light to change, all of a sudden there will be a dimming of light and sure enough the street light will have gone out. It happens so frequently and for so many years, that it doesn't bother me, but it would be nice to know why it happens. I stopped a CD player right at the moment, I thought, "That's horrible!". It was Carly Simon singing Mockingbird (sorry Carly) I had the music on too loudly and I was cleaning my kitchen and not in the best of mood. The instant I thought it, the cd stopped. I actually gave the CD player away. And automatic doors don't always work for me either. So many times I've had to give the door a push. I never equated the two before. I'm glad others have experienced this. It is strange. I have a friend who experienced the same things over the last couple of years (street lights gong out). My husband was dubious about it all (being a lawyer), but he saw it first hand. There are other things, but I hate to sound so strange, but one other things I've noticed, is that birds on sidewalks or wherever, often pay no attention to me. I've had to walk around them, yet someone else comes along and they fly off in a hurry. I thought perhaps I don't give out aggresive vibes. Who knows what it's all about. Anyway, it's been bothering me and I was glad to find others who have experienced this.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Netchicken

funny story bout that me and my friends would go to this neighborhhod and burn cruise were cops cant go unless called. everytime we would go into this nieghborhood a street light would flicker and shut off. this happend everytime. the one time it didnt we all got arrested and charged with possesionof cannabis lol kinda wierd huh

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
AHA!!! Thank goodness I'm not crazy!!! This happens to me constantly. I can be anywhere and streetlights go out. I have ESP with dejavue all the time. I can sense spirits sround me. I even have glimpses of the immediate future. I have always had more static electricity in my body and I get shocked and shock others all the time. This streetlight thing has been witnessed by my whole family and it it happened tonight. Is there any tests that can be done to determine the cause for these episodes?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
This is weird. I was just thinking about this the other day. This happens to me a lot. I live in London and the street lights come on quite early in winter. Theres one specific light that always cuts out when im walking past it.
Really odd.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Happens to me all the time and I chalked them up to being on timers to conserve power or bulb life...I also notice it at intersections on poorly lit side streets and may have something to do with glare on oncoming traffic (light turns green the first street light nearest goes out...light turns red comes back on and the other side goes out...)

The only time I ever wondered about it was yesterday. Had cold weather and I was doing a candy run to the 711. Crossing at my usual light I started across and then saw that the car that was two blocks away when the light turned, still hadn't started to slow down at all. By the time he stopped and entered the crosswalk, tires skidding. I was watching him as I walked...normal pace and calm as a cucumber...the street lights went out just as he entered the crosswalk and I was barely out of his way...I was really pissed off even though he should have hit me (he was going quite fast and came right into the crossing area.

it was a miss by mere inches. There are four lights at the crossing section and only the two on my side went out...

wasn't till I got back home and had a think that it occurred to me how close it was...anger is funny that way.

Still I think it's more of a coinky dink than anything.

I've read that "Abductee Sympton list" thing and holy hanna I can yes to nearly all of it LMAO...so could just about anyone.

Who knows though. All I know is that the guy should have knocked me into tomorrow and I knew it was fine.

Should mention too that I have recurrent "flashes" or panic attacks about being taken out by a city bus so I'm especially cautious as a pedestrian, prolly a bit OCD about it really.

Lights going out at the exact moment my anger rose is a bit weird though. I did yell at him to "put your &()*^%$ cell away and slow the *()(*#$%^ down"

Not thinking it'll ever happen in that way again and I'm not interested in testing it either. Was just a weird thing.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Its been a long time since I seen this, I will try to find a link.......
Most of these lights are on a "dark sensing switch"
And I will presume that most occurances happen while ppl are in cars, ever since the switch to halogan bulbs, not to mention all the ppl that cant seem to "AIM" their headlights, inadvertantly trip these switchs, with their cars either being on a hill, using high beems etc.... I myself have takin a high intencity flash light, when shined on the switch it will go out(they are on the bottom side or the lamp between the bulb and arm of fixture)
If I can find the link it should explain a very high % of most of these "happenings"

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
last year i went through a time where i was effected by psychosis, one night i decided to run a loop through a park below my house. i ended up thinking that some one was turning one of the street lights on and off as i ran under it to encourage me to keep on running, i ended up running for 8 hours, made about 60 laps and the light either turned on or off as i ran under it at least half of the laps, so about 30 times or so... since then i have explained it as i hallucinated it and it didn't actually happen or someone was messing with me... or god. through out my period of psychosis which lasted about 6 months i would constantly see street lights go out or come back on when i was near them. since coming out of the psychosis it has only happened to me a couple times. hope this helps.

ryan

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

THis happens to me very often, I cannot say only when I am stressed, however, I have told my firnds and wife also and time to time they have also experiencend this along with me. they are suprised about the phenomenon and they think is conincidence but some of them have had experienced this more than one time....

Pedro from Mexico

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I swear on everything this happens to me everyday. I haven't noticed anything with any other electronic devices. But at least once a day a street light turns on or off while I pass below, whether by car or on foot. Its freaking me out thats why I googled it. Maybe I should talk to a physic or something. Cause theres definately something going on here.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by launchpad

I walk to work daily and have observed the street lights go out when I am in range of them regularly, especially those days when I am deeply engrossed in thought, and the effect seems to be enhanced by extreme cold. Likely, there is a physiological explanation, and since our brains run on electricity passing through water, I would not doubt that my brain is indeed affecting the light.

Furthermore, I have had extreme trouble with the automatic faucets. Others will come and go and use the faucet, and it will not sense me, no matter where I place my hands or how quickly I move them.

The green light on my smoke detector turns red when I am staring in that direction, not purposely, but in thought.

I don't believe in paranormal. There is no reason why this could not have to do with the passage of electrons.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
FINALLY!!!!!! I"M NOT CRAZY.... well in regards to this anyway.

I don't comment much on here but when I saw this thread my jaw actually fell open and I had to speed read because of the excitement. Allow me to describe how this happens to me.

Street lights go off ALL THE TIME around me. I have noticed it for about 2 years now but only just recently (about a month ago) I mentioned it to my fiance and she wrote it off as coincedence as well. I beleive in coincedence. A light going off around you every once in a while is perfectly possible. However, this happens to me around 10 times a week. No joke. In apartment complexes when I go out to my car at night, I 3 or 4 times out of 10 I have to get in my car in the dark because the freakin light goes off. It doesn't matter where I park, its always the light closest to my car. I just bought an 07 Honda Accord around a month ago but it did it just as often before and after I got a new vehicle. This also occurs driving down a street or even on the interstate here in ATL. It doesn't happen consecutively but even my fiance notices it now. She even had 1, but just 1 go off around her recently and she took note and told me. It hasn't happened to her since, but it has to me another 2 or 3 times just since she told me that.
Now, I don't wear a watch, but thats because the face watches never stayed up on time with me. Digital ones work fine, but I still don't wear one because I have a cell phone/tracking device now.
As far as electronic devices blowing out with me of anything, that doesn't really happen. I work in IT so it would kind of be non-condusive if e-devices failed all the time with me.
Ok, as far as my emotional state goes when this happens. I am not a very emotional person, I get angry but its under control so no anger issues. I get happy but am generally very reserved so I don't think my emotional state effects it.
However, I do think REALLY REALLY hard about stuff. I have even managed to be able to turn problems over to subconcious thinking when I can't just sit and consider it all the time. I learned how to get eureka moments all the time by giving over problem solving to suc concious processes, so my brain is very very often working in over drive. Not to mention all this conspiracy stuff I read now starts you thinking hard all the time anyway.
In regards to sub concious probelm sovling I learned I could do this when playing that game on the Gamecube that messed with you by making the controller not work, or acting like it deleted your game save, or turning the game upside down, just messing with you. I can't remember the name now, but I was working on a puzzle in that game and quit and fell asleep. I woke up 20 in later with the puzzle solved I tried it and it worked. since then, I give over tough issues to sub concious processing.

regardless, I am glad I am not alone and crazy with this whole street light thing. I know they are on timers, and I know they have power save modes, and temp controllers. But unless I am just one of those freakishly lucky people (which in some ways I kinda am now that I consider it) it shouldn't be happening as often as it does.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LostProphet

I have had the same thing happen to me for several years. (And my truck lightsd are adjusted correctly). I would say that it hapens at least 3 nights a week and I go for a drive nearly every night. Some times it is in the same stretch of road but not the same light every time.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
i am happy to have found this forum!

i have had this happening to me for many years. at first i thought it was timers or coincidence, but have long accepted it, as "it just happens to me"

my daughter likes to watch when we are driving at night... it's like "there goes one!... and another one! etc.

recently it has become stronger, though. monday night i was driving through the neighborhood to admire all of the Christmas lights that folks had put up. ya know those large lighted wire deer decorations? i looked at it and it went out. the following morning, i noticed home porch lights going out as i past (this was 4:15am). i am under some stress right now, which could explain a lot.

i heard a theory on the radio show coast to coast the other night that our heart, not our brain, generates magnetic waves. this makes some sense to me, as motion is required to generate magnetism, and the heart is the only organ in our body that is constantly in motion.... gonna look more into that.

anyway, i am curious if any of you here have also experienced people looking at you, almost as if you called out there name? this happens to me everywhere i go, if i look at someone, they turn to look at me, in stores or on the street, even in a car. i feel there is some connection in this.

thanks for any feedback.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This is not a case of being a slider.

You are very in tune with the electromagnetic field of both the Earth and yourself. You have been chosen.

If it emits an electromagnetic signature you can manipulate it.

Try concentrating it on simple electronics (dvd player, laptop, tv, ipod, cell phone) and try incrementally increasing intensity gradually. Eventually you'll be disabling things like cars, garbage trucks, buses all by using your mind.

This can help us combat against jamming technology meant to disable anything that emits an electronical signature.

Tread very carefully. Be safe.

I've locked up my cpu, a friends PS3, laptop, Satelite TV box, garbage trucks, busted up chemtrail patterns. I'm trying to master now security cameras.

I once walked through a electric generator field while it was sparking all over without a scratch or any debilitating side effects.

I can't wear a watch as everytime I do it dies in less then a week. Sends a pulse to the mechanism effectively disabling it to the point where you could change the battery every week and it won't make a bit of difference.

This is the most important, while under, keep yourself absolutely calm, breathe normally, keep yourself leveled at all times. Clear your head. Think of nothing while under (this prevents whatever from preventing you from fully coming back and prevents the electromagnetic pulses being emitted from having a permanent or debilitating side effects like paralysis, coma or death).

One major tennet to adhere to is you are not allowed to use your power to intentionally affect or harm the innocents, no testing on animals, minor children, the disabled or the elderly. Do not target Governmental buildings or structures. Continutity of Government policy decrees that you are not to interfere in commerce, the day to day operations of either Government or local business', Do not interfere with any rail, bus, taxi, aircraft (We absolutely cannot take any planes or helicopters out the sky). Do not interfere or intervene with any infastructure item such as a bridge, a tunnel, a highway (Do not interfere with any water release valve or hatch for any tunnel).

[edit on 3-12-2009 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
I've locked up my cpu, a friends PS3, laptop, Satelite TV box, garbage trucks, busted up chemtrail patterns. I'm trying to master now security cameras.

I once walked through a electric generator field while it was sparking all over without a scratch or any debilitating side effects.

Since you have so many toys to break, care to show us his awesome power on video? Youtube pref.

One major tennet to adhere to is you are not allowed to use your power to intentionally affect or harm the innocents, no testing on animals, minor children, the disabled or the elderly. Do not target Governmental buildings or structures. Continutity of Government policy decrees that you are not to interfere in commerce, the day to day operations of either Government or local business', Do not interfere with any rail, bus, taxi, aircraft (We absolutely cannot take any planes or helicopters out the sky). Do not interfere or intervene with any infastructure item such as a bridge, a tunnel, a highway (Do not interfere with any water release valve or hatch for any tunnel).

Why so many rules? If one can not prove you did it with your mind, why not do the above?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Its nothing more than the kinetic energy from a human, sort of like a frequency, and from time to time the frequency interupts with another... be it electrical or what ever...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I had a friend who could turn street lamps off on purpose. ...When he first told me about his ability, I made him do it over and over and over again - maybe 20 times or more - to prove to me that he really was doing it.

Absolutely no doubt. He was doing it.

...I've gone through periods in my life where I blew out almost every appliance I touched - hair dryers, kettles, curling irons. Couldn't / didn't control it though, and it hasn't happened for a long time.

-sofi

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
So, we have all the people here claiming they have some sort of electrical effect on these street lights, I'd then say it makes sense say that it must happen to thousands of other people, does anyone disagree with that?

So, with that being the case, how come you can be walking down a city centre with hundreds and hundreds of other people with dozens of street lamps WITHOUT seeing any of the lights swithing off and on?

This phenomenon is also something that could be examined and proven in a lab, why has that not yet happened? It would be an easy enough experiment to set up.

The problem is that when someone asks for a little bit of proof suddenly there's a dozen reasons why it can't be proven, reasons ranging from the usual -''Why should I prove it? I don't have to prove it to you, you either believe or you don't, I know it exists but you're just closed minded''- and let's not forget the classic -''But the government will kidnap me for tests if they knew''

If I had to offer a theory for some of these instances, I'd say there were loose wires in those lamps, loose wires that maybe lose contact when a certain vibrational frequency is introduced by a person of a certain weight when they walked past (the vibes from the footsteps), the certain weight criteria would account for it not happening for one person but happening to another. If you think that theory sounds wild I'd have to point out that it's a 100 times more plausible than the ''psychic power'' theories.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Hawkwind.]

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hopefully, some are still visiting here...
I'm French (hey! nobody is perfect) and I have experienced this phenomenon many times.
I never spoke about it though, afraid to be laughed at. Some of my girlfriends noticed it, and were even making fun of me, telling when I was going to run errands in Paris "Honey, you're going to shut off street lights everywhere...".
Recently, I found a french forum on this topic, and I realized that I wasn't alone.
As I can deal with English language, I dug a bit on the net and here I am...
Regarding the last post, I am sorry, I don't buy it. It happened to me in the middle of Paris, streetlights as well as halogen lighting in shopfront windows. Wiring problems OK, but not as often. And what about fluorescent tubes flickering when you approach under? Big halogens 50 yards away as well? Digital watch dial erased just when an army helicopter pass overhead?
For the streetlights, I am thinking more about frequencies interferences. Radio frequencies possibly, and I have always been wondering if a tracking device could be involved in this?
The strange thing, until a couple months ago, I would experience invariably SLI in three different suburban towns around Paris, and not anymore at all now. Sorry for those who are doubtful, if this was due to any kind of wiring, maintenance problem, old overheating bulbs, why would it be fixed at once in this three different towns?
And I really would like to know if at the moment anyone is experiencing this in Paris or the outskirts.
Believe it or not, since it stopped, I'm losing my strength, getting more and more tired, feel like falling apart slowly. No kidding here.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I've never thought more than just the random thought, "Wow, why do the lights go out on me all the time". I guess I'm a SLIder! hmmm... whodathunkit! Now I wish I knew what that really means.

: )
Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join