It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Streetlights go out when you walk under them... pt2

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I seem to turn them off, or used to. I can also turn on those touch lamps without touching them. I just squeeze my neck muscles. The touch lamps can be explained by me changing my electrical field, but I can't explain the streetlights. It always happens when I am angry. Once while arguing with my girlfriend I blew every fuse in my car. I was in a crowd of 100,000 people and a tesla coil discharged its field into my cellphone, down my spine, and out my feet. A week later I could not hold my head up for a few days.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1
reply to post by Netchicken

I've never thought more than just the random thought, "Wow, why do the lights go out on me all the time". I guess I'm a SLIder! hmmm... whodathunkit! Now I wish I knew what that really means.

: )
Peace

I never made a big case of it either... When one of my girlfriends said once jokingly I was going to shut out lights all over Paris running my errands, I started to wonder a bit what was this all about.
Although this phenomenon is - hopefully - harmless, there has been lots of other unpleasant things happening to me in my life, with a regularity that has nothing to do with normality, coincidence, or incredible bad luck. And in no way with the average bothersome problems any soul would experience in their daily life.
For this to happen to me, there has to be means to find out where I am pretty much constantly, a bit like GPS positioning. Cell phone is one mean, of course, whenever I can I just don't carry it with me. But it doesn't help much. Reason why I thought about other means that could by the way trigger the streetlights interferences.
Of course, I have thought "if such technology exists, why it's not been used to track down guys like Bin Laden?".
No answer here.
Could I have been implanted a traceable device for medical reasons, never been told about it, when I was born (in a military hospital), over 60 years ago? That sounds way too early, unless really advanced secret technologies were already out there.
I am not insane or suffering delusional disorder, I'm just searching answers to something that ended messing up my life many times, preferably when I was just about to reach perfect happiness.
And if there's anyone who can tell all of this is strictly impossible, and why, I will reconsider my mental sanity...
Years ago, I said to friends that it would be probably possible to decrypt credit cards information, because what's done one way can probably be done the other way. Of course, they said I was crazy. But it proved years later to be possible...
Who really knows what kind and how advanced some technologies secretly developed behind the scenes are anyway?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I seem to turn them off, or used to. I can also turn on those touch lamps without touching them. I just squeeze my neck muscles. The touch lamps can be explained by me changing my electrical field, but I can't explain the streetlights. It always happens when I am angry. Once while arguing with my girlfriend I blew every fuse in my car. I was in a crowd of 100,000 people and a tesla coil discharged its field into my cellphone, down my spine, and out my feet. A week later I could not hold my head up for a few days.

I could get a glow from a mini fluorescent tube visible in the dark just approaching my hand about a centimeter from it. I never knew if it was just heat. By then, I had lot of static electricity problems as well, and periodically couldn't touch metal furniture without experiencing a rather violent discharge. No more now though.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I doubt there is anything paranormal about being able to turn streetlights on/off. I was able to do this a while ago, see i was a graffiti writer (hung around a mean bunch
) so it was optimal for me to turn these lights off, but it didn't work like that for me. I turned them on every time i got close to them, not under, always thinking it was a sensor or just bad timing. But hey, if you say these are "psychic powers" then i will have to accept this major responsibility.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by unaccounted for
I doubt there is anything paranormal about being able to turn streetlights on/off. I was able to do this a while ago, see i was a graffiti writer (hung around a mean bunch
) so it was optimal for me to turn these lights off, but it didn't work like that for me. I turned them on every time i got close to them, not under, always thinking it was a sensor or just bad timing. But hey, if you say these are "psychic powers" then i will have to accept this major responsibility.

I don't buy much paranormal as well. To me the only thing that will never be explained is infinity, just because it's beyond our abilities as human beings.
For the streetlights, I'm in search for some scientific explanation. That I may never find if it's caused by the use of an advanced technology, secretly developed, and of course not publicly known.
I don't buy more than 0 to 30% the old bulbs overheating going on/off. It's been over two months now that I haven't seen just a single flickering, wherever I go around and in Paris, as far as streetlights can be seen in streets or roads, waiting sometimes about 10 minutes for something to happen, that of course never happens.
So there's something really weird here. They haven't replaced all the sodium light bulbs at once in France !!!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm bumping this thread back alive since someone asked about the topic. I'm aware that some street lights act up and others do not. I say act up because they keep turning off for a minute or two and then later back on. Some lights never act up. I thought certain lights might turn off and on all night long but I never stayed to watch. I have been wondering if some people think they have some special power because of all the lights turning off and it's only certain routinely malfunctioning lights that turn off and on all night long. I also think there is the possibility some stray light from my headlights might get deflected up towards the lights. It might just be the way my car is made. The street lights might detect the stray light from my headlights and turn off. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with all these static electricity charges between me and water. Maybe I had too much iron. The problem seems better since I gave blood. Noone has talked about that issue so I guess I'm unique in that problem.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Finally a possible answer. This has been happening to me for years. In times of extreme intense emotion (usually bad), when I approach street lights, they turn off. I swear I am not self-absorbed or crazy. That's why I am 48 and just now trying to figure this out. I am going through a divorce, moved to a new state, started a new job... all in the past few weeks. A few nights ago, the pressure was building. I felt a huge adrenaline surge and had to walk it off. I put on the headphones and started listening to very intense music - I think I kind of like the rush. Anyway, as I started walking, I noticed the street lights and remembered how they frequently turned off at times of extreme adrenaline-laced emotion when I was in my 20's. I started staring into the lights as I approached. I counted 6 that went off during my walk. One even made a loud popping sound - I wasn't sure whether or not the bulb burst within the casing. Last night, the intensity of emotion had worn off, but I decided to go for another walk - I was just so curious about the lights. Absolutely not one turned off.

As I read back over this, I realize I seem like a lunatic, but I have a fairly normal life and a mid-management job. I have never posted anything on a site like this, never told anyone. I'm pretty busy these days and don't have time for a stay in a mental facility, although I'm sure someone might suggest that I reconsider!

It's not just the lights. I have the problem with watches and have blown out more old-style TV tubes than I care to admit. Is there anyone that knows of anybody who tests this? At this point, I am curious enough to be a guinea pig. I don't need it to be any sort of freakish power - isn't it just possible that we all discharge more electric energy in times of extreme, intense emotion? I can feel it surging and coming out of me. Doesn't everyone?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Netchicken

Street lights have been going out right before I pass under them for years. At different times, different streets, etc. Not so big. However, I haven't been able to wear a watch for years either. Now brand new light bulbs throughout my house pop when I turn the switch on. Four in the last few weeks. Computers aren't safe around me either. The watch thing seems to run in my family. Basically small things until I put them all together!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
hehe this is so silly. as far as my understanding go it's just that those street lights go off for a bit because of the heat they generate. they turn off or go dim to cool down. think of how many lights one goes under when driving or walking down the road. there's a good chance one will go off as drive past one.

it happens to everyone!

That makes the most sense. I cant think of anything going on in the human body that would cause interference in street lights.

If you want to look at a conspiracy, it would be interesting to see how long street lights last and how short the lifespan of domestic lightbulbs are.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Not paranormal whatsoever, and I feel embarassed for those who honestly believe they have some power over street lights. I didn't read the whole thread, but here is the simple, 100% confirmed non-paranormal explanation: the HID bulb is going bad. As it goes bad and the light cycles, the bulb will go out and come back on everytime the light cycles. The bulb will takes days, if not weeks/months to finally burn out. Anyone who thinks they are turning it off and on just by being near it is naive, and yes, I've met several people who claimed they could do it, and I took them out and showed them how it works. It's total nonsense and very telling and equally disappointing that people fall for the old I-have-paranormal-powers things when it happens. This is the kind of stuff that keeps us superstitious and still falling for nonsense, and shows me we have a long way to go as a species if we're going to keep falling for such silly BS.
edit on 19-5-2013 by jheherrin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
i know why and what happens when this occurs, but you wouldn't like that knowledge.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join