It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My car can kick your car's a......

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisnolefan

Originally posted by JustAnotherHologram
Shoot, put me on a technical course with my miata and I will kick all your a$$e$...even those boasting high horsepower... Miata's are made for the track, especially mine!

And then if you want to get down and dirty doing some off roading I'll show you all up in my wrx...

and what's up with the honda folk? must have done a lot of upgrades cause from what I know, uhhh honda's aren't racing or offroading kinda cars

I must say I got lots of respect for the Audi's... AWD and lots of power, that's a well-rounded way to build a car! (just like my wrx)

-JAH

Sounds like you enjoy your wrx. what year, model? have you driven an evolution, im gettin either a wrx or an evo, but i dont know which one is better/faster. lots of conflicting reports out there. whats your opinion. thanks :�

STI wRX is better then the new evo.
everything can be modified and both cars are great in their respective rights.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Audi TT's are some of the nices cars on the road these days. Love the interior! Excellent handling. Hard to go wrong. Although ours had some battery problems when we first got it.

[Edited on 27-8-2003 by kukla]

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisnolefan
Sounds like you enjoy your wrx. what year, model? have you driven an evolution, im gettin either a wrx or an evo, but i dont know which one is better/faster. lots of conflicting reports out there. whats your opinion. thanks :�

I know you asked someone else...but, having driven numerous EVO 1s and 2s from stock to reasonably modified, a modified 390hp EVO3, a mild (exh, filter, Apexi Engine/Boost controller) EVO5...and a stock (apart from filter/exhaust/suspension) EVO 6.5 Tommy...

...as well as numerous Rexs from stock to modified, Type RA STis, WRX Sporthatch as well as having a decent fang in a reasonably modded Sti Coupe...I'd pick the Lancer EVO. Why? Build quality...reliability...tuneability and more importantly GEARBOXES/DIFFS
The EVOs I know of really only start popping things once they get a fair amount of mumbo outa them...the WRXs on the other hand seem to be prone to spitting gearbox shafts with only minor mods.

The handling of the WRX compared to the EVO? Most of each I've driven have had suspension mods, but stock for stock...well, personal tastes really...the Rex handles beautifully...slight tendency to understeer in corners which can have the front scuttling unnervingly if you're hard on the gas. But back of the gas and they pull nicely back into line.

The EVOs on the other hand seemed to get a little tail-happy when pushed hard through the twisties...which isn't a problem if you like a little bit of 4WD drift in your day, but if not it can really put the willies up ya.

Styling...again, personal tastes. I love the agressive lines and kits of the EVO...very purposeful. But I'm more partial to the WRXs...EXCEPT the ugly new 'bug-eye' versions...eeeeeeew...someone shoot their designer please. The 99 and the 2000 Rex is by far the sexiest.

Performance...EVO. Most Rexs struggle to keep pace.

Basically...take each for a fang and see what YOU like in a car. You're the one spending the dosh after all...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 02:59 AM
link   

powers past all the flash cars going up the hills in his volkwagon...... brrm brrrmm...... go the punchbug

By punchbug do you mean VW Beetle? Cuz if so, you're not doing any 'powering'... and certainly not past my TT.

It's just the way you stated it.

"My car's better than your car!", is what your saying. That's fine, but people don't like people who boast. Even if you would've entitled the thread, "Check out my new car!", it would've at least sounded a bit more modest. Practice humility. People will like you more.

I have a damn nice guitar, but I wouldn't dream of posting, "My guitar is better than your guitar!"

My title for the post was an obvious joke... like saying my dad can kick your dad's butt in elem school... everyone else got that

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven
BULL! Suzuki's GSX1300R Hayabusa (Fastest production sport-bike on earth)

Suzuki's crotch rocket... yes... it's the fastest production bike on earth... Honda just can't match it.

Sorry i do not agree, i think u are missing something here, the fastest superbike on earth is the Ducati 999R

That sweet machine can really win against your suzuki and five of them

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by CoLD aNGeR]

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 03:53 AM
link   

My title for the post was an obvious joke... like saying my dad can kick your dad's butt in elem school... everyone else got that

It's hard to tell that in a forum, especially if I don't know you. If I took it wrong, I apologize.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 04:17 AM
link   
and if u are not completely sure yet about ducati, i can give a little link for a nice reading, the title of the article is:

DUCATI vs JAPANESE MOTORCYCLES

www.ducati.com...

Enjoy

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Sorry pal... your Ducati would loose to a '99 Hayabusa

Ducati 999R
TS: 189.4mph
0-60: 2.7sec

'99 Hauabusa (early model before govenors were added to save lives)
TS: 189mph (in 5th out of 6 gears)
0-60: 2.2sec

Sources

D999R top speed
www.fastdates.com...

D999R 0-60
www.supercars.net...

'Busa top speed
www.hyp4r.com... (it's all the way at the bottom)

'Busa 0-60
www.dragbike.com... (it's highlighting the late '99 model with the limited top speed... just remember when you look... 0-60 is the same though.)

In a 1/4mi track or even a couple mile streight track, the 'bosa would come out WAY on top. But if you're talking about a circut track, your Ducati would probably win... almost defineatly.

[Edited on 27-8-2003 by Greyhaven]

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The ZX12R seems to have the edge on the Hayabusa, depending on who you ask. I tend to believe it, since the last stock ZX I rode was the ZX11, and I took it up to 185MPH before I had to back down because it was too windy.

I quickly found the arm-straightening power intoxicating and difficult to resist, so much so that on a quiet stretch of unrestricted Autobahn I was alarmed when glancing down at the speedo to see a reading of 190mph, and I had only just changed up to 6th!

www.motorbikestoday.com...

Both are awesome bikes. Here's a great shootout movie that shows what both of these bikes can do. These dudes are screaming around riding wheelies at over 185MPH! I want one of these!!!

smokeping.planetmirror.com...

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

Thanks for the vid Satyr, that was well worth watching.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Was that not just sweet???

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:41 AM
link   
wanna see some good vids?

www.hondachallenge.com...

Andy hope's CRX is my good friend's team and car.

www.mecart.jp...

B20 Civic. (that's a CRV motor btw.)

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Bah! Those are kinda lame compared to superbikes that'll do close to 200MPH stock, and pull wheelies at will.
The new ZX12R will break 200MPH with just a performance pipe added. That's intense!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Bah! Those are kinda lame compared to superbikes that'll do close to 200MPH stock, and pull wheelies at will.
The new ZX12R will break 200MPH with just a performance pipe added. That's intense!

Trust me. when you get in the cockpit and run the track it's intence.

I'd take you for a ride, but i'm afraid you'd pee my passenger seat.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   
damn they are some nice skylines you pasted

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Ducati 999R

Sources

D999R top speed
www.fastdates.com...

D999R 0-60
www.supercars.net...

'Busa top speed

'Busa 0-60
www.dragbike.com... (it's highlighting the late '99 model with the limited top speed... just remember when you look... 0-60 is the same though.)

In a 1/4mi track or even a couple mile streight track, the 'bosa would come out WAY on top. But if you're talking about a circut track, your Ducati would probably win... almost defineatly.

[Edited on 27-8-2003 by Greyhaven]

I have to accept that the hayabusa is not a bad bike, but your 2 links to compare 999 R with Hayabusa are not enough, why? because they are talking about the
999 and the 999F but not the 999R
If u want to understand what kind of bike we are talking about see the comparison, between the
999 and the 999R from the official Ducati website.

Ducati 999R
Power 102 kW - 139 HP @ 10,000 rpm
Torque 108 Nm - 11 kgm @ 8,000 rpm
------------------------
(the one 999 u offer on the first website is the lowest model)
Power 89.5 kW / 120 HP @ 9700 rpm
Torque 94.91 Nm / 70 ft lbs @ 8000 rpm
------------------------
And now go and check your hayabusa specs on this

Also i forgot to say that the Ducati is 193 kg which is also more light than the Suzuki, Ducati has definitely the best and fastest bike on earth.
I can agree with u about Suzuki had a good bike, but men, just ask any bike freak and u will see his reaction just mentioning 999R.
I also still doubt about the pulling power of both, the torque with ducati is higher

(and u were looking for that link)
www.fastdates.com...

Anyway hayabusa is 300 c.c bigger, and not only that is also more ugly.
Also a little detail would be that is not a question about top speed, is a question of NM and KW, Torque my friend, that�s the key to see which one is more powerful. And of course the relation weight-power
And Ducati of course RuLeZ

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Ducati 999R

'Busa top speed

'Busa 0-60

Sources, well from those 2 none of them mentions 2.2 sec, anyway, i says between 2.7 and 3.3 secs
and the ducati 999 is already doing that time, 999F is faster, and 999R is even more fast, i guess i�d be something like 2.3 sec from 0-100 kmh

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by CoLD aNGeR]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury

Man, I've gone faster than you ever have, I'll bet. I used to put all new Kawasaki's together and test ride them. I also repaired modded bikes that would exceed 200MPH. Nope, the only reason I'd pee is because the driver sucks.

BTW, while Ducatti may be a pretty bike, and may be fast, it's not the fastest production bike.

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Man, I've gone faster than you ever have, I'll bet. I used to put all new Kawasaki's together and test ride them. I also repaired modded bikes that would exceed 200MPH. Nope, the only reason I'd pee is because the driver sucks.

All i have to say is you'd see jesus so many times you'd think he's my braking marker.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   

All i have to say is you'd see jesus so many times you'd think he's my braking marker.

Would I see Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny too? How about the tooth fairy?
Honda's bikes don't even scare me. (They're relatively slow) Your car certainly isn't going to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join