It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My car can kick your car's a......

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItchyPikachu
There is no pain in this dojo.

then its obviously not an aikido dojo!

maybe its TKD???? [thats dojon i believe(korean)]

(my friend is a black belt in TKD and i love to poke fun at him over jumping around and leaving himself open for about a gazillion locks pins and throws.) he ukes very well!

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Bruce Lee Vs. Chuck Norris Vs. Jet Li
Triple Threat Match
Winner?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Bruce Lee Vs. Chuck Norris Vs. Jet Li
Triple Threat Match
Winner?

lee and norris did have a go at it before. norris would never tell anyone who beat who and he isnt even giving hints.

i dont know li so i cant say. ive heard good stuff but i still think lee did a lot of things that most people wouldnt do, he took it to places that most never reach. he didnt things that still seem impossible to most people. he studied the human body and many different arts taking the best of what he felt worked best and combined them. of course this made some master of the other arts not so happy as he dismissed the things that he felt that didnt work and they took great offense to this and its specualted even today that his death was because of this.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
Give me something I can drive through the woods with and throw a couch in the back of.....and if it gets scratched - who cares - you won't be able to pick it out from the rest of the scratches! LOL

I guess you�d enjoy that one more right?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
word on the street is Oni, or Chinese demons killed Bruce Lee. Not only did these Oni kil Bruce Lee, They also murdered Brandon Lee who was killed by and gun with "blanks" in it during the filming of The Crow. The lee family has a strange curse on it

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Cold Anger

I'll get a GTI VR6 1999 when the current engine have enough kilos to throw it to the garbage. (this will leave me time to get the money)

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
"MR LEE, WHY YOU NO WEAR UNIFORM!!!"

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Shoot, put me on a technical course with my miata and I will kick all your a$$e$...even those boasting high horsepower... Miata's are made for the track, especially mine!

And then if you want to get down and dirty doing some off roading I'll show you all up in my wrx...

and what's up with the honda folk? must have done a lot of upgrades cause from what I know, uhhh honda's aren't racing or offroading kinda cars

I must say I got lots of respect for the Audi's... AWD and lots of power, that's a well-rounded way to build a car! (just like my wrx)

-JAH

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
honda's aren't racing?
lmao do some research.

ok.
here's my list.

B18B Block. Acura 1.8L motor no-vtec
Bored .20 over
civic type - R pistons (high dome/compression)
B16A DOHC VTEC head
High pressure Vtec lines
Ferria valves
Titanium retainers
Civic type -r cams
Fidenza 9lb flywheel.
Stage 2 clutch
Phantom grip '___' trannie
Port n' polish
3 angle valve job
2.5 inch exhaust
custom intake
Bullfrog big bore throttle body
Mugen Chipped eprom B16A ecu
98 GSR integra axles and half shaft

so.
everyone can talk the whooptie whooptie whoo about what they'd like to have, I 've got a racing crx. yes it cost me 1500 dollars. yes, i put ~ 4000 bucks worth of parts into it.
the funny part is, it kicks ass.

As far as the kid ricers with under body neons and a huge spoiler? nahhh. my CRX has truck bedliner on it's front end

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
And if I put 4 grand into my TT I'd kick your CRX's butt too... but I don't want to tear appart my pretty engine just yet... sometime... just not yet...

"Ducati is like Ferrari in cars, best engines, but the 2nd best is Honda"

BULL! Suzuki's GSX1300R Hayabusa (Fastest production sport-bike on earth) will whoop the living crap out of a Honda Blackbird (Honda's fastest bike) any day of the week! And it's almost exactly the same price. (about 10-11 grand depending on where you look)
Proof:
www.theautochannel.com...

Suzuki's crotch rocket... yes... it's the fastest production bike on earth... Honda just can't match it. It's top speed had to be LIMITED to 185mph... normally it goes about 202mph.

0-60 in 2.8sec
0-100 in 5.3 (yeah.... that's right... barf time)
1/4mile STOCK 9.8sec (depending on what year you're talking about...1999 or 2k is the best)

Not only that, but let's not compare bikes to cars when it comes to acceleration and things... it's a hands down the bike will win unless it's against some insane super-car like the Ferrari Enzo (UGLY car but it's fast like a MO-FO!).

[Edited on 26-8-2003 by Greyhaven]

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   

And if I put 4 grand into my TT I'd kick your CRX's butt too... but I don't want to tear appart my pretty engine just yet... sometime... just not yet...

maybe, but not today

Tearing apart your engine?
don't be rediculous. get the TT chipped for better fuel managment, and tune the boost up.
you'll put out more hp instantly.
Be very carefull you get someone who knows what they're doing. detenation will blow those pretty tt pistons through the block.

"Ducati is like Ferrari in cars, best engines, but the 2nd best is Honda"

BULL! Suzuki's GSX1300R Hayabusa (Fastest production sport-bike on earth) will whoop the living crap out of a Honda Blackbird (Honda's fastest bike) and day of the week!
Proof:
www.theautochannel.com...

Agreed, suzuki does make the better bike,
I love the hyabusa.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   

i gotta agree with PM on this one ..... these hollywood people dont know $hit from $hit when it comes to being accurate about racing.

Totally agree. Only reason I watched that movie 'The Rice and the Ridiculous' was for the cars...but hell, think they really need to get a proper Technical Adviser who knows a little about performance imports...as there are SOOOO many falacies its just mindnumbing.

For instance, in '2 Rice 2 Ridiculous' it shows the boost gauges of the supposedly modified R34 Skyline GTR, they are sitting on approx HALF a bar of boost...or around 7lb boost...shyte, a factory GTR makes more boost than that...a modified one would be running happily on even 2bar...and when he 'hits the naaaaawwwsssss' the boost gauge practically triples...WTF?? Utilising Nitrous certainly doesn't spike your boost 14lb.

Okay...more pics:

...for a while this was the fastest car pounding NZ roads...nasty 492cube V8, Naturally Aspirated...as the plate indicates, it cranked the big 1000hp. Damn thing used to drop 8 second quarters in STREET trim...took this photo from one of the Drag Meets I attended, such a thing to see this 'Stang launch...it pitched its nose in the air and just about twisted itself into a pretzel coming off the line...Lord knows how much torque it must be making, but pretty sure it'd tow a boat...even if that boat was a Cruise Liner...

...ohh, and a few years ago this car was for sale...it could have been yours for $70k, which at the time would have been around $30k in American money...dang cheap...

[Edited on 26-8-2003 by alien]

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I really don't think it beats my 97 Corvette in a race, rides nice though, I also have a WRX which is a nice little # kicker, but yours is faster.

Nice #ing Car

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I hate these kinds of threads.

1) It's bragging.

2) It pisses people off who don't have money to buy such expensive toys.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Satyr, bite me! Yeah we're all bragging about our cars, that's what guys do. I'm sorry if you don't have a nice car, then don't read this thread, no one is forcing you to. We're all having fun here talking about cars and learning stuff... don't spoil the fun! Please! I've posted about a few vehicles I don't own here... I can't afford Fury's Skyline, but I still think it's cool to hear about. Before I owned my TT I drove a 1990 Toyota Pickup... with one cylendar frozen... so yeah, I've been there.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Well my car has around 400 hp and weights a little less than 2000 pounds.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven
Satyr, bite me! Yeah we're all bragging about our cars, that's what guys do. I'm sorry if you don't have a nice car, then don't read this thread, no one is forcing you to. We're all having fun here talking about cars and learning stuff... don't spoil the fun! Please! I've posted about a few vehicles I don't own here... I can't afford Fury's Skyline, but I still think it's cool to hear about. Before I owned my TT I drove a 1990 Toyota Pickup... with one cylendar frozen... so yeah, I've been there.

whoa! my skyline?
I wish!

I have a CRX.
as far as not affording it, dude, I bought it for 1500 and
put 4000 bucks into it.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
powers past all the flash cars going up the hills in his volkwagon...... brrm brrrmm...... go the punchbug

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven

It's just the way you stated it.

"My car's better than your car!", is what your saying. That's fine, but people don't like people who boast. Even if you would've entitled the thread, "Check out my new car!", it would've at least sounded a bit more modest. Practice humility. People will like you more.

I have a damn nice guitar, but I wouldn't dream of posting, "My guitar is better than your guitar!"

[Edited on 27-8-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnotherHologram
Shoot, put me on a technical course with my miata and I will kick all your a$$e$...even those boasting high horsepower... Miata's are made for the track, especially mine!

And then if you want to get down and dirty doing some off roading I'll show you all up in my wrx...

and what's up with the honda folk? must have done a lot of upgrades cause from what I know, uhhh honda's aren't racing or offroading kinda cars

I must say I got lots of respect for the Audi's... AWD and lots of power, that's a well-rounded way to build a car! (just like my wrx)

-JAH

Sounds like you enjoy your wrx. what year, model? have you driven an evolution, im gettin either a wrx or an evo, but i dont know which one is better/faster. lots of conflicting reports out there. whats your opinion. thanks :�

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join