It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galloway: Americans losing in Iraq and Lebanon is on brink of civil war

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He's a flake, a freak, and an idiot.

No fear here. Just the facts and my strong response to
the facts ...

Sorry - but that is your OPINION, not FACTS!

You don't know the Facts and I don't know the Facts either.

So STOP talking like you know eveything and that ONLY your OPINION is Correct and everybody else is a Freakish-Leftwing-Idiot.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Enough of the sniping at each other please, it's becoming quite difficult to read this thread with all the personal jabs.

We know... Souljah likes Galloway, FlyersFan doesn't. Now that this has been established can we please stop rehashing it and stick to discussing the topic please.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
FlyersFan:

Nope ... these countries and the people in them have to take
personal responsibility for their actions and agressions. To blame
anyone except those countries themselves is wrong.

Unfortunately, the West bears a huge responsibility in the suffering of Africa.

The warlords are in power because the West allows them to be. Look at the Rwandan genocide. The roots of the Hutu-Tutsi infighting actually was increased by the Dutch when they introduced ID cards that clearly labelled people as either Tutsi or Hutu. Almost every single African nation shares something in common with Rwanda.

They all used to be Western "colonial outposts". When I say Western soceity is to be blamed for a lot of Africa's problems, a lot of it goes way back to the 1700s and 1800s, but that doesn't mean that the statute of limitation on blame has been passed.

Of course, now, the IMF and the World Bank have a lot of blame as well in problems in Africa, but that's probably another thread.

When it comes down to it, we DO owe it to Africa to help them, with medicine and food and whatever we can help with. Not only because the West is partly to blame, but also because nobody in 2005 should be sitting around watching their children starve to death while halfway across the world people are forcibly vomiting what they eat so that they can look nice and thin.

Here's a good link that details how most of the West is failing miserably in foreign aid assistance to those who need it more.

www.globalissues.org...

jako

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

The roots of the Hutu-Tutsi infighting actually was increased by the Dutch when they introduced ID cards that clearly labelled people as either Tutsi or Hutu. Almost every single African nation shares something in common with Rwanda.

They all used to be Western "colonial outposts". When I say Western soceity is to be blamed for a lot of Africa's problems, a lot of it goes way back to the 1700s and 1800s, but that doesn't mean that the statute of limitation on blame has been passed.

Yeah. Before evil white man came, Africa was a little Care Bear paradise full of love and peace. Uh-huh.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Jeremiah:

Yeah. Before evil white man came, Africa was a little Care Bear paradise full of love and peace. Uh-huh.

Far from it, but we made it worse. Read something. Talk to someone who knows African history. Like an African.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
We are not losing the war 'in' Iraq, we are losing the war 'in' Washington where certain senators feel the need to arm our troops only before they decide not to. Because the arrested insurgents and terrorist must get 30 minutes of prayer time and allowed to wear hats.

Sorry, but the liberals in Washington tried to direct a War once, called Vietnam, a Republican had to clean up their mess, and now they try and drag that same crap over this conflict. The difference between a Dem and Rep is that a Republican is willing to sacrifice his morals to do what's right, a Democrat will not. It's the old Machiavellian saying "The ends justify the means." So why do Dems not feel it necessary to armor up our troops?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

FlyersFan:

Nope ... these countries and the people in them have to take
personal responsibility for their actions and agressions. To blame
anyone except those countries themselves is wrong.

Unfortunately, the West bears a huge responsibility in the suffering of Africa.

The warlords are in power because the West allows them to be. Look at the Rwandan genocide. The roots of the Hutu-Tutsi infighting actually was increased by the Dutch when they introduced ID cards that clearly labelled people as either Tutsi or Hutu. Almost every single African nation shares something in common with Rwanda.

Of course, now, the IMF and the World Bank have a lot of blame as well in problems in Africa, but that's probably another thread.

When it comes down to it, we DO owe it to Africa to help them, with medicine and food and whatever we can help with. Not only because the West is partly to blame, but also because nobody in 2005 should be sitting around watching their children starve to death while halfway across the world people are forcibly vomiting what they eat so that they can look nice and thin.

Here's a good link that details how most of the West is failing miserably in foreign aid assistance to those who need it more.

www.globalissues.org...

jako

Oh yes, I see. ID cards made them slaughter one another.
That is a lame excuse. Mercantilism and Colonization are responsible for bringing an end to the tribal conflicts and slavery. This would never had happened if European nations did not intervene.

Yes, I will blame World Bank for giving electricity and natural gas for heating to millions of Kenyans. But to put the blame on them for fighting is absurd. The blame for the blood diamond trade can be attributed to those being killed ancestors in America: the American rap prodigy who feels it necessary to hold up a chain littered with the diamonds.

West owes nothing to Africa. They were a backwoods country before the West, thrived under Merc and Colonization, let the west leave, and for some went back to the backwoods status. At some point in time, these people will need to help themselves and stop putting the blame on # that happened over a half century ago.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Mr. Galloway seems to have enjoyed his time in Lebanon... i think he spent like 2 weeks here
and has done done all the things a leftist might do met with Hizbullah leaders etc...

That's so great. I Hope you guys gave him extra good hospitality!

And he met with the Hizbullah party too, well the lebanese people must love him!
where you there, do you have any photos of it, autography? You brought a smile to my face.

Your so lucky, i wish he comes to syria, red carpet treatment all the way. And a band.... yes, some sort of band to play a tune.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Jeremiah:

Far from it, but we made it worse. Read something. Talk to someone who knows African history. Like an African.

I am African and yes, I've read a few things and have been to Africa. I also realize that blaming others for personal problems is a sickness for both individuals and societies.

<< 1  2   >>

join