It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galloway: Americans losing in Iraq and Lebanon is on brink of civil war

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I know someone mentioned it already but...

If you invade someone's country they usually get mad for some reason or other.

If you use banned weapons to fire bomb 100,000+ civillians you tend to make the people mad.

If you invade a country on known lies from the Pentagon killing more people then the Dictator you overthrew the people tend to get angrt for some reason.

But wait, they are brown so they don't count as people, what was I doing thinking they were equal, damn liberal morals.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

...He is basically a disgraced politician who doesnt know that his time is up, his prattle on all things political is shunned by the main stream media for it mocks their credibility even by merely quoting him on anything.

credibility is an overrated attribute. people should be more interested in the truth than having credibility. but that would be too difficult i suppose

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
What does he expect America to do when 3000+ citizens die in one fiery morninig?

If someone is against the war in Afganistan then he is a terrorist and must be shot on sight, they murdered 3000+ people in one day.

You are Pretty Pathetic with you Whinning about the 3000+ American Citizens that died in One Day - are you AWARE that According to UNICEF's Progress of Nations 2000 report, 30,000 children die each day!!!

Yet, they "die quietly in some of the poorest villages on earth, far removed from the scrutiny and the conscience of the world. Being meek and weak in life makes these dying multitudes even more invisible in death." That is just under 11 million children each year dying from poverty.

www.globalissues.org...

And WHAT Does your PRECIOUS Goverment do about that?

Build more Tanks and More Missiles and more Bombs and then Drop them Somewhere in the Desert where the "Visibility is Best" for your Airmen!

Your SICKEN me with your Posts and your Twisted Viewpoints.

Your HYPOCHRISY is so OBVIOUS that is Seen even by the Totally Blind!

WAKE THE FUNK UP!

Suggested READING:

www.unicef.org...

www.unicef.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Galloway..
We have American equivalents of his ilk, in the US..
Extreme left politicians, that practically wet their pants, when things don't go right for the current administration.

Fact is, there is a war with a militant faction of Islam.
They aren't stupid, they even have otherwise reasonable people, sympathetic to their cause . Duped into saying things, like Galloway says.
He's a sucker, and a pawn.

And he's not the only one, obviously.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

What does he expect America to do when 3000+ citizens die in one fiery morning?
If someone is against the war in Afganistan then he is a terrorist and must be shot on sight, they murdered 3000+ people in one day.

You are Pretty Pathetic with you Whinning about the 3000+ American Citizens that died in One Day - are you AWARE that According to UNICEF's Progress of Nations 2000 report, 30,000 children die each day!!!

So what does this have to do with " WAR ON TERRORISM " exactly?

If the Thread was in WAR AGAINST POVERTY then you can go on with these histrionics .
As you said they die from "Poverty" and in "the poorest villages on earth, far removed from the scrutiny and the conscience of the world" , so how is America responsible for this?

These kids are not dying in America, they are dying in some far off village. So what is America supposed to do about it? We didnt make them poor nor have we interfered in their region. So how is it America's fault?
This is pathetic, since you have run out of wild accusations to slander America you now resort to some cheap histrionics about children dying each day.
That is just pathetic and desperate!

And WHAT Does your PRECIOUS Government do about that?
Build more Tanks and More Missiles and more Bombs and then Drop them Somewhere in the Desert where the "Visibility is Best" for your Airmen!

So now you want our Government to take care of the world financially too!

The US govt and its people contribute more money as aid than almost all the other nations put together, we fund the UNICEF, we fund the UN, we providemajor support in the form of logistics to all these organisations and you have the gall to say What does the US do ?
If people are incapable of taking care of themselves and their children then it is not Americas fault. The whole world needs to chip in. Presently it is only America that is the major contributer and the rest of the world like the former yugoslavia nations are only good for streching out their hand time and time again!
Other nations jst sit back and ask america to contribute. The whole world should chip in, not just America but the majority are good for only asking for aid and not giving any.

Are you Blind ? Even in your backward country, it was our "PRECIOUS Government" that came and settled you civil war out! Be thankfull. We have helped in nearly every major conflict and humanitarian problem since the begining of the UN!

What makes you think it is America's responsibility to take care of the entire world? What has your nation done for these children? Nothing! What have you done ? Nothing! And you dare ask what the US has done for these children? WE have done more than your nation Slovenia can ever do in all its exsistence for these children and the world. You are in no postition to question America's contribution to the world. :@@
See how we saved you :
US policy in Yugoslavia:

[edit on 31-7-2005 by IAF101]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Heres the source, sry it took so long. Had to leave the house for shopping. Something I dread.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

These kids are not dying in America, they are dying in some far off village. So what is America supposed to do about it? We didnt make them poor nor have we interfered in their region. So how is it America's fault?

Did I say it was your Fault?

Its the Fault of the Entire Western World that is Responsible for the creating of the Third World Countries and their Problems.

Most of these Problems are Easily Solved by Western Countries - and AMERICA is Number 1 Here.

So now you want our Government to take care of the world financially too!

The US govt and its people contribute more money as aid than almost all the other nations put together, we fund the UNICEF, we fund the UN, we providemajor support in the form of logistics to all these organisations and you have the gall to say What does the US do ?

Well you are the Number One Country in the World - that takes up alot of Responsibilities, doesnt it?

Maybe your country COULD do more GOOD in this World with all the Power and Wealth.

Have you ever thought of that?

Are you Blind ? Even in your backward country, it was our "PRECIOUS Government" that came and settled you civil war out! Be thankfull. We have helped in nearly every major conflict and humanitarian problem since the begining of the UN!

After a LONG Wait the UN did kind of "Save" what was Left of Our Former Country.

If you ask me too Late, but thats just my Opinion.

- Failure to intervene during killings in Srebrenica, despite the fact that the UN designated it a "Safe Haven" for refugees and assigned 600 Dutch peacekeepers to protect it.

What makes you think it is America's responsibility to take care of the entire world? What has your nation done for these children? Nothing! What have you done ? Nothing! And you dare ask what the US has done for these children? WE have done more than your nation Slovenia can ever do in all its exsistence for these children and the world. You are in no postition to question America's contribution to the world. :@@

Well you WANTED this Responsibility of the World Police Officer didnt you?

And my Nation is not that Wealthy and Powerful as America is. What kind of Comparison is that? Slovenia has 2 Million People! And dont say they have done NOTHING when the entire World is Contributing for these Children - but cant you see that its not ENOUGH?

Anyway, we are gone Pretty Damn far from the original Topic and thanks again for Hijacking.

[edit on 31/7/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Puting the blame the US isn't going to save not 1 child. The blame should be put on everybody of the western world and asia and africa. Money doesn't solve this problem, the funds that the Western world sends can actually change peoples live. BUT, the money hardly ever goes to people in need.
Its not because of the givers, but the receivers. Many nations in Africa have what we call political corruption. Basicly what large amount of money thats for the starving ends up into pockets of rich politicans. Sending money their just isn't going to help.

With that happening, we send people over their to teach them about the dangers of STD's (Sexually Transmitted Diseases). Teach them how to prevent AIDS, my cousin was in Africa for that very reason. She came back very dissapointed.
Heres the problem.

Many Africans are Natives, their not civilized. No matter how much you tell them the dangers of AIDS or any other STD's they will shove it off and have sex. My cousin (Kristi) has tried and every attempt has failed. These people have corrupt governments that need a serious flush. Money can't solve this problem. Africa is Plagued, like I said before many are Natives and just cannot adapt to our likens.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
To all....

We all got'a help "much more".......plain and simple.

USA and other countries do help, and that's true, but can they help more, that's the question ?

I feel they can and much more then what we are doing now. And I personly feel it is our duty as son's and daughters of our creater to do it......(help our brothers and sisters at all costs), not fight and create war.

So 30,000 children die every day...that is our duty to "try" and help the best we can. It's our JOB, and if you have the means to help and don't ? well I'd hate to be in y'r shoes when at the gates of heaven.

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

What does he expect America to do when 3000+ citizens die in one fiery morninig?

Can we stay on topic here. True there are issues with feeding the poor in the world, but that's not what this topic is about. Not that we dont' care, but you can't discuss everthing at once.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The Topic: Galloway: Americans losing in Iraq and Lebanon is on brink of civil war

Last I checked feeding the poor and providing a basic standards is all PART of a civil war....no ? If you have happy people usually no civil war brakes out.

Guess that's why w'r talking about it in more detail.....they are "hand in hand" and Iraq and Lebanon are places with very bad situations (no water, elect., health care etc. etc.) We got'a help MORE.

Kind'a like here in Canada.......that's why the Hockey has started back up....we w'r on the brink of a civil war.......esp. since Florida (of all places) still has our Standley Cup....
....we want it back

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Me poke Syrian Sister
*Poke *Poke *Poke

ouch!

galloway

"The people who invaded and destroyed Iraq and have murdered more than a million Iraqi people by sanctions and war will burn in Hell in the hell-fires, and their name in history will be branded as killers and war criminals for all time. Fallujah is a Guernica, Falluaja is a Stalingrad, and Iraq is in flames as a result of the actions of these criminals. Not the resistance, not anybody else but these criminals who invaded and fell like wolves upon the people of Iraq. And by the way, those Arab regimes which helped them to do it will burn in the same hell-fires." -Galloway

I love that man, and every time i read about him i love him more. These words ... this is the kind of politicians that the people are prepaired die protecting, you know, Like the chillian people died to protect allende. A true and brave politician like this is rare and precous.

He's a hero, and he makes me want to defend his right to keep saying what he is saying till my last breath!

Viva La Resistance! Of Iraq and of Britain! Of the world against the Imperialist monsters!

Galloway is a resistance fighter to, and this forum is a battle field.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
US has been screwing up in Iraq for some time due to stupidity of politicians, but they are now listening to reason from their commanders. Current US course I think is one that is going to win out.

Basically if the US pulls out right now there will be indefinite civil war in Iraq that will kill a lot more people than have been dying since the invasion. So, continued US presence is at least worth it for now.

Lies of course got the US into Iraq. Necessity is keeping us there now. We all pray that there's a succesful transition in government that keeps the peace and provides a good future for that country.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Mr. Galloway seems to have enjoyed his time in Lebanon... i think he spent like 2 weeks here

and has done done all the things a leftist might do
met with Hizbullah leaders etc...

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I like George Galloway. He speaks epicly.

Fallujah is a Guernica, Fallujah is a Stalingrad, and Iraq is in flames as a result of the actions of these criminals. Not the resistance, not anybody else but these criminals who invaded and fell like wolves upon the people of Iraq. And by the way, those Arab regimes which helped them to do it will burn in the same hell-fires."

YEAH! I am sure the Iraqi people do, in a lot of cases, feel as though they have been set upon by a pack of wolves.

If you invade a country to topple its' government, and you accidentally kill a few thousand civilians in the first few months, those civilians families tend to be a little unforgiving. So lets say each of those civilians has 3 family members who get really really mad, mad enough to either take up arms or support those who do.

How many dead Iraqi civilians so far? Just at the hands of the US, not counting the insurgents who habitually blow their own up.

We'll say, as a very LOW estimate, that 20,000 Iraqi civilians have died at the hands of US soldiers since the invasion.

That's 7 TIMES the amount that died at 9-11. And whether YOU accept it or not, the Iraqis KNOW that they had nothing to do with 9-11 and neither did Saddam Hussein. They KNOW that the reasons for invading Iraq, to get rid of WMDs, was a farce, and that 9-11 was constantly brought up by this Administration as an example of what WOULD happen if Saddam was not taken out.

They REALIZE that the fact that the US does not report civilian casualties to the press means either a) they are hiding something or b) they just don't think civilian casualties are a significant thing to mention.

So how do you think you'd feel?

Of COURSE America is losing in Iraq. Is an Abrams tank a diplomatic tool? Is an M60 machinegun a tool for discussion?

No matter how superior (in training and technology) your military force is, you cannot win against a guerrilla force. It's been proven in history dozens of times, and I am sure that the folks in the Pentagon know a hell of a lot more about military history than I do, but they're in the driver's seat for a limited amount of time so they need to get things done and damn the consequences, let the next administration clean up the mess, they will need jobs at many of these U.S. companies that are benefitting right now from "reconstruction contracts".

Oh, um, another thing that tends to piss people off, is that when after more than 2 years of occupation by the richest country in the world, much of your country is still without stable supplies of electricity, clean water, and medicines.

jako

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I think the US has to Decrease the Number of Troops in Iraq for One MAIN Reason:

Because they NEED them for the Forthcoming Invasion of Iran.

The Times Has Come.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Sorry, to underscore my point I want to include some of this blog from an Iraqi living in Baghdad.

riverbendblog.blogspot.com...

Bush said:
“The troops here and across the world are fighting a global war on terror. The war reached our shores on September 11, 2001.”

Do people really still believe this? In spite of that fact that no WMD were found in Iraq, in spite of the fact that prior to the war, no American was ever killed in Iraq and now almost 2000 are dead on Iraqi soil? It’s difficult to comprehend that rational people, after all of this, still actually accept the claims of a link between 9/11 and Iraq. Or that they could actually believe Iraq is less of a threat today than it was in 2003.

We did not have Al-Qaeda in Iraq prior to the war. We didn’t know that sort of extremism. We didn’t have beheadings or the abduction of foreigners or religious intolerance. We actually pitied America and Americans when the Twin Towers went down and when news began leaking out about it being Muslim fundamentalists- possibly Arabs- we were outraged.

Now 9/11 is getting old. Now, 100,000+ Iraqi lives and 1700+ American lives later, it’s becoming difficult to summon up the same sort of sympathy as before. How does the death of 3,000 Americans and the fall of two towers somehow justify the horrors in Iraq when not one of the people involved with the attack was Iraqi?

good site

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I think the US has to Decrease the Number of Troops in Iraq for One MAIN Reason:

Because they NEED them for the Forthcoming Invasion of Iran.

The Times Has Come.

You do realize that's completely unrealistic, right?

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Its the Fault of the Entire Western World that is Responsible for the creating of the Third World Countries and their Problems.

Um .. no. Personal responsibility. It's the fault of Third World
countries that they are in the condition that they are in. It's not
my fault.

Africa has a very high HIV count? That's their own fault. They
know not to screw around and yet they continue because it's
'culture'.

Africa still has tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands
STILL IN SLAVERY. They whine wanting 'reparations' for slavery
from the West, and yet it was Africa that made money selling
Africans ... and they still do it!

African War Lords continue to rule large parts of Africa even when
we send in aid and aid workers. When we send in troops to try
to clear a path for the aid (Somolia) and our troops get hurt, then
the world cheers because the 'big bad americans' got nailed.

We send BILLIONS to Africa. G.W. tripled aid to Africa.
We send Peace Corp volunteers. We send, we send, we send,
and yet they still have war lords and HIV and slavery ... because
THEY won't change their lifestyles.

Oh .. and don't get me started on all the aid money that was
sent to the 'poor' Palestinians. It was supposed to be spent on
health care and education and instead it lined the pockets of
Arafat and Hamas terrorists.

Then there are the Egyptian terrorists who blow up tourist places
to make the infidels leave ... thus causing tourists not to want to
visit Egypt ... thus the terrorists are causing their fellow Egyptians
financial problems because so much of the country's income is
from tourism.

Nope ... these countries and the people in them have to take
personal responsibility for their actions and agressions. To blame
anyone except those countries themselves is wrong.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

You are Afraid of mister Galloway thats why you Hate him and Insult him with Chilidsh Words - A Freak? An Idiot? Why?

Because that is EXACTLY what he is. A freak and an idiot.
He wants his publicity. He doesn't have a clue what he is
talking about (obviously, he said 'resistence' instead of
'insurgence' - just one example). He has a radical anti-
American left wing agenda and he's milking it for all he can.

He's a flake, a freak, and an idiot.

No fear here. Just the facts and my strong response to
the facts ...

[edit on 8/2/2005 by FlyersFan]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join