It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Reporter Vows To 'Kill Herself' If Cheney Runs For President

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phugedaboudet
Unless of course, racism towards Austrians (invaded by Germany, for those who bother to know history)....

I see Your Knowledge of World History is as Poor as your Tolerance.

Germany NEVER Invaded Austria - they Joined the Third Reich by Themselves.

Austria became part of Germany in 1938 (the Anschluß) amongst popular acclaim.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
OK Soujah I think you've got your point across. Theres no need to beat a dead horse.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
OK Soujah I think you've got your point across. Theres no need to beat a dead horse.

Sorry Im a bit Touchy on the "RACIST" Issue, since my Grand Parensts were Fighting these Nazi Bastards in the War and I dont really like being called that, what killed my Grandfather.

Call me Touchy.

At Least he could do is get his "Story Straight" if he is just a "Noble German"!

WELL,

To get BACK on TOPIC of this News Thread,

I would think twice before saying something like this Reporter did - I think that the Money that DICK earns with his Halliburton Corruptions could buy him just about ANYTHING he wishes for.

He Got it so Far.

And the little Dick said to his Daddy:

"Poppy, I wanna President!"

[edit on 30/7/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
anyone have a comment on the similarity between the Reagon/Bush Years and the Bush/Cheney situation?

Reagon let Bush run his programs behind the scenes the whole time, and Bush seems to be doing the same with Cheney...

[edit on 29-7-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

It is very clear that you are ignorant of the history behind the Reagan years. Reagan had a large picture that he was looking at, and there were several men whom Reagan tasked to take care of the details, but G.H.W. Bush was really not one of them, much less the man who ran his programs behind the scenes.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
To be honest, if they amended it and allowed Bush to run for a third term I would be tempted to bite the bullet. :|

At least if I go "Boo" Cheney, will die. Bush will be a wee bit harder to remvoe from office.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
It is very clear that you are ignorant of the history behind the Reagan years. Reagan had a large picture that he was looking at, and there were several men whom Reagan tasked to take care of the details, but G.H.W. Bush was really not one of them, much less the man who ran his programs behind the scenes.

That's a damn good point TC, who the hell were they though? It seemed that that administration had a built in failsafe. Who did what? I remember investigations but no outcomes. With the exception of Ollie taking one for the team. So who did what? 2nd question, was Casper a friendly ghost?

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Just an odd off the wall question here:
Is this "vow" by this reporter in the same ranks as those who 'vowed' that they would move to Canada or where ever if Bush was re-elected?

Hmmm, how many of them actually kept their 'vows'?

seekerof

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Thomas Crowne

Reagan had a large picture that he was looking at, and there were several men whom Reagan tasked to take care of the details

I think you're giving this particular B movie actor entirely too much credit. To be fair, you're not the only one, the whole country seems ready to beatify the man. I admit, I have known one B movie actor(ress) with a brain and a willingness to use it, but I don't think it's the norm. Julie Strain is the exception.
Reagan was just a guy with a nice physique who knew John Wayne.

When I read that poll that named him the most important American, I nearly spit my beverage out on the keyboard. What about Ben Freakin' Franklin?

Given the choice between an Alzheimers patient who told stories about Hollwood, and a brilliant inventor/statesman, I'm gonna have to go with the latter every time.

In my humble opinion, Reagan got entirely too much credit for using his theater training in inappropriate places, namely the White House. His trickle down crap continues to mystify the logical midget who lives in my chest cavity. Wealth wicks up, it doesn't trickle down. He gets credit for destroying the USSR, which is patently ridiculous, there were SO many factors as to rival the fall of Rome. But these political puppets like to be assured of their own importance, hence, Al Gore invented the internet. It's just fantasy entertainment for television viewers; all flicker, no substance.

The man was a man, like any other. He certainly wasn't the greatest American, nor even the greatest president, hell, he wasn't even a decent actor.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Originally posted by malakiem
No way in hell, do you really think the entire country wants to become homeless? Already half the country is. I don't blame her, i'm personally tired of both of them (bush and cheney) I vote on this
. Hey something's gotta be done, there's kids who are getting out of college and are only getting paid 7 dollars an hour. A waste of 40,000+ dollars huh?

Please cite sources and methods on the following statements:

1. "do you really think the entire country wants to become homeless? Already half the country is"

2. "there's kids who are getting out of college and are only getting paid 7 dollars an hour."

The world of news awaits your revelation...

www.epinet.org...
alright here's an answer to the second one. Alot of jobs are still being moved out of country. There's alot of college kids in my area that went to harvard, yale, penn state, and even regular community college, and there working at olive garden and getting paid 7-9 dollars an hour. Now you can't tell me this is only happening outside of philly can you?

Now, for the first, do you really think applying at 50 jobs and none calling you back in normal? www.nationalhomeless.org... here's an interesting link.

Alright, here's another link www.nationalhomeless.org... Just because the media tells you that everything is fine and dandy, doesn't mean that it's so. Bush was pressured to give us high paying jobs since 2002, and we still have yet to see it. I'll give you more links tomorrow when i'm on again.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It is interesting to watch a thread turn upside down.

Look on Drudge report, she is about to change her tune.

Roper

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Wyrdeone, you are simply following the old worn out myths created by the liberals who despised Reagan. He had established himself as a very able independent thinker long before his election to the Oval Office.

Regardless of his traditional ways of thinking, he was surrounded by internationalist handlers. Bush was but one, and was certainly not the most capable one. While he was no supporter of the NWO, most of his cabinet were at least CFR members, and some were both CFR and Tri-Laterals. It really is amazing that anything constructive was done, and I believe the only reason he was allowed to damage the Soviet's ability to continue the race was because the "Elite" knew that the seeds of social democracy had already been sewn well enough all over the world and the Soviet Empire was no longer needed.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This appears to be a bit dramatic and inappropriate. For someone that was a reporter and still a columinst to make such a life threatening statement is rather irresponsible. Perhaps she thought her statement was amusing and making a point but I find it distasteful. Maybe she should consider retirement.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phugedaboudet
Good. Freakin' do it, you overdramatizing vile spewing, media w----! Keep peddling your Master's seperatist agendas! I know plenty who say the same thing about Hillary. And I remember plenty of arsehats saying they'd leave the country if Bush got elected, and none of the deadweight left as promised. A whole glorified movement of extremist sheeple pansies without the cajones to carry out the threats spewing constantly from their pampered mouths.

The Media gets off on promoting the partisan hatred. Never mind that the whole syste, Liberal/conservative, Republican/Democrat is just as full of self serving, dangerous liars. Have been for decades and will be until something is done. The media needs the people divided-politically, economically, racially, and as many factions as they can. Because when you're busy hating each other, you don't have emotional energy to look to the real problems and the real source.

And the Media will keep working to make people divided, weakining law and order and government, while it works to break down even more values in it's bid to be in charge. Manufacturing documents during elections, "leaked" reports, outright lies. Attempting to actually control the election process for it's own benefit. Using the minds of the people as pawns.

Don't believe me that it's not a "liberal" Media that's the problem? Look at the attacks and smear campaigns when Clinton was in. Remember all the front page scandals and corruption articles then? If they'd had a war they would have attacked Democrats identically to the attacks on current Administration today. Get Hillary in office, and a Democratically controlled legislature, watch the attacks begin anew-from the same sources that pretend to worship them as saints today. Watch and remember.

Poeple need to wake up, and instead of buying into everything pro "your side" and automatically denying everything anti "your side", you're just another manipulated tool, just like this so called reporter. Breaking the most sacred (if they have such a thing as sacred) rule-report the truth and observe the news, do *not* make it!

And yes, to those partisanistas on here, I'm just as scornful of the folks who claim they'll leave/go underground/whatever when Hillary gets elected.

Fight the Big Lie. Know your "enemy", and listen to his propaganda as well as yours. Wonder why the accusations are the same on both sides...because they are all true. Fight partisanship and extremism. And remind the Media that we can think all by ourselves, and don't need "news" pre-digested to whatever flavor Media moguls want us to buy.

(note-all censorship voluntary and done by myself-no system involvement. Nor is it an excuse for biased folks to complain about censor bypass and dock points)

You have voted Phugedaboudet for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join