It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Reporter Vows To 'Kill Herself' If Cheney Runs For President

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I think I'd hold off on the self-destruction until the time when it became clearer that myself should be destroyed....like after I left the voting booth and well, realized that in a moment of insanity I actually voted for the guy....

the guy isn't gonna run for pres anyways...so she probably knows it's an idle threat!! he's gonna go back to committing 100% of his time to his primary job, raking in profits for haliburton...or wait, he's doing that now, isn't he?

[edit on 29-7-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Helen, you know how to bring a smile to a monkeys face, and with only 148 days until Christmas. Reality is the only downer are this charade... Just like the Hollywood elite that promised self exile at George W. Bush's inevitable 2004 election victory, I believe that Helen's sense of theatrics will fall short of the only humane thing to do...

Perhaps this cry for help could extend to other members of the Liberal media? I hear Dan Rather has quite a bit of time on his hands... Perhaps he'd like to assume a Kevorkian mantle... He's assumed so much already.

Crisis Intervention Monkeys, not just for talking the mutt down off the ledge anymore...

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Good. Freakin' do it, you overdramatizing vile spewing, media w----! Keep peddling your Master's seperatist agendas! I know plenty who say the same thing about Hillary. And I remember plenty of arsehats saying they'd leave the country if Bush got elected, and none of the deadweight left as promised. A whole glorified movement of extremist sheeple pansies without the cajones to carry out the threats spewing constantly from their pampered mouths.

The Media gets off on promoting the partisan hatred. Never mind that the whole syste, Liberal/conservative, Republican/Democrat is just as full of self serving, dangerous liars. Have been for decades and will be until something is done. The media needs the people divided-politically, economically, racially, and as many factions as they can. Because when you're busy hating each other, you don't have emotional energy to look to the real problems and the real source.

And the Media will keep working to make people divided, weakining law and order and government, while it works to break down even more values in it's bid to be in charge. Manufacturing documents during elections, "leaked" reports, outright lies. Attempting to actually control the election process for it's own benefit. Using the minds of the people as pawns.

Don't believe me that it's not a "liberal" Media that's the problem? Look at the attacks and smear campaigns when Clinton was in. Remember all the front page scandals and corruption articles then? If they'd had a war they would have attacked Democrats identically to the attacks on current Administration today. Get Hillary in office, and a Democratically controlled legislature, watch the attacks begin anew-from the same sources that pretend to worship them as saints today. Watch and remember.

Poeple need to wake up, and instead of buying into everything pro "your side" and automatically denying everything anti "your side", you're just another manipulated tool, just like this so called reporter. Breaking the most sacred (if they have such a thing as sacred) rule-report the truth and observe the news, do *not* make it!

And yes, to those partisanistas on here, I'm just as scornful of the folks who claim they'll leave/go underground/whatever when Hillary gets elected.

Fight the Big Lie. Know your "enemy", and listen to his propaganda as well as yours. Wonder why the accusations are the same on both sides...because they are all true. Fight partisanship and extremism. And remind the Media that we can think all by ourselves, and don't need "news" pre-digested to whatever flavor Media moguls want us to buy.

(note-all censorship voluntary and done by myself-no system involvement. Nor is it an excuse for biased folks to complain about censor bypass and dock points)

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thank you for the RACIST response.

You wanna run up some Hispanic governors and make some comments about tacos? Or some African American governors and watermelons?

You officially make me sick. You get the honor of being the first person I'm using the "ignore" button on.

Unless of course, racism towards Austrians (invaded by Germany, for those who bother to know history) is perfectly acceptable in the "fair" politically correct extreme leftist world.

Originally posted by Souljah
And if "AHRNOLD" Runs for President I VOW not to Eat any more "APFELSTRUDEL" IN MY LIFE!

But it would Sound Nice:

"President DICK - we are Under Attack!"

"I can't do it DICK - I'm a CIA Analyst, not a Magician!"

[edit on 29/7/05 by Souljah]

[edit on 29-7-2005 by Phugedaboudet]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Phugedaboudet, im reading your vehement rejection of partisanship but im seeing you viciously criticising "the deadweight left". A little consistancy would be appreciated

In fact keep any and all insultive and abusive language to yourself. For the benefit of this thread and board as a whole.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
And the award for biggest over-reaction to an apple-strudel joke goes to...

Phuge!

Congratulations! Here's your scepter and crown, but I see you've already brought your own cross...

The joke wasn't that funny, but your reaction to it was. I mean, c'mon.

If that Nazi bugger wins the POTUS seat, apple deserts will rank quite low on the list of important concerns.

On topic: This woman wasnt' thinking straight. Cheney isn't going to run, and if he did run, he wouldn't win. And finally, if through some miracle or deal with the devil he did win, he would most likely die before being confirmed.

The guy has a heart like a French-built automobile.

Gonna ignore me too Phuge? Pretty please?

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sorry, subz. I left out the "extremist" part. Should have been "extremist left"

That should improve any concerns with consistency you may have. Surely you agree that extremism on any side is a bad thing.

Wyrd: Nice to know anyone Teutonic in ancestry is automatically Nazi. This of course is not racism, is it? But it would not be overreacting if the target of such crap were the hispanic or african-american examples I'd mentioned. I appreciate your generalized hatred and calling me the same. Third generation descended German here. My ancestors fighting in WWI and II. I suppose you could attack my mother's side too? Swedes being overrun as well, and there were a few collaborators. Suppose my maternal grandfather, a first generation immigtrant, USMC WWII and Korea is a NAzi too?

Or, we can just brand anyone who's father or mother was forced to join a ruling party of the conquerors? I've got some Vietnamese friends who would strongly disagree.

So are you simply a leftist version of an indoctrinated redneck or is it just because there was an R in front of the Governator's name, and your partisan programming cannot allow it?

Strudels and bratwurst for everyone! And most of the best darned beer in the worlD! Volkswagens and Beemers! Sorry, massah, this uppity german won't dare speak up no more , nosir!

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think this is suitable for ATS. While it shows the level of discontent in America though, that's taking it abit far.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Why wait? Go ahead and get it over with.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
News Forum guys, let's chill please.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I am german also, and i thought that joke was funny...
of course, I don't take myself too seriously though....

anyone have a comment on the similarity between the Reagon/Bush Years and the Bush/Cheney situation?

Reagon let Bush run his programs behind the scenes the whole time, and Bush seems to be doing the same with Cheney...

so I consider it a possibility that Cheney will come forward as a candidate, unless Haliburtons stink rubs off on him...
the same group that put these guys in office would love to keep business as usual...

[edit on 29-7-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Nice to know anyone Teutonic in ancestry is automatically Nazi.

How do you know that? I didn't teach it to you.

This of course is not racism, is it?

No, it is racism. But I suppose you're being sarcastic. Arnold's connections with Nazism are well documented. My comment was directed not at Austrians in general, but at him in particular. It certainly wasn't directed at Germans, or your mother. www.abovetopsecret.com... They were directed at Arnold, and the humor inherent in apple-strudel.

Third generation descended German here. My ancestors fighting in WWI and II.

What, did your ancestors fight and die for apple-strudel? Wow. That's dedication. If not, I have no idea what your point is. My German girlfriend laughed at the joke, so I guess you guys are both individuals with your own opinions. Fancy that.

I suppose you could attack my mother's side too?

Your mother has nothing to do with this conversation. We're talking about Nazis and apple-strudel. Was your mother a fascist pastry?

Or, we can just brand anyone who's father or mother was forced to join a ruling party of the conquerors? I've got some Vietnamese friends who would strongly disagree.

You think making the choice to capitulate is noble and defensible? Excuse me, but if you allow others to make a slave of you, what respect do you expect from other men? It's men who die for their principles that are the heros, not the men who kill for principles that offend them. I think you're way off base, not to mention off-topic.

So are you simply a leftist version of an indoctrinated redneck or is it just because there was an R in front of the Governator's name, and your partisan programming cannot allow it?

I'm a hermit, not a redneck, the governor's name is immaterial, and I'm diametrically opposed to partisanship as anyone who pays attention can attest. Three strikes, you're out.

The topic is this one individual writer's opinion, and you chose to attack the humor other individuals derived from that opinion. Arnold has a long history of conduct unbecoming a president, and he was the topic of the tangent.

This isn't about him anyway, it's primarily about Cheney. As I said, the man is medically unfit, more suited to hunkering in the bunkers than mugging for the cameras. He's not even photogenic enough to make up for it, like JFK was.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
What a crock of crap. Maybe Cheney should just facetiously vow to run so we can be rid of what is an apparently emotionally distraught and hysterical member of the media.

No way in hell, do you really think the entire country wants to become homeless? Already half the country is. I don't blame her, i'm personally tired of both of them (bush and cheney) I vote on this
. Hey something's gotta be done, there's kids who are getting out of college and are only getting paid 7 dollars an hour. A waste of 40,000+ dollars huh?

[edit on 29-7-2005 by malakiem]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phugedaboudet

bratwurst for everyone! And most of the best darned beer in the worlD!

Mmmmmm brauwurst and beer I say in my best Homer Simpson voice.

Hey, I german too and I thought it was funny as hell.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem
No way in hell, do you really think the entire country wants to become homeless? Already half the country is. I don't blame her, i'm personally tired of both of them (bush and cheney) I vote on this
. Hey something's gotta be done, there's kids who are getting out of college and are only getting paid 7 dollars an hour. A waste of 40,000+ dollars huh?

Please cite sources and methods on the following statements:

1. "do you really think the entire country wants to become homeless? Already half the country is"

2. "there's kids who are getting out of college and are only getting paid 7 dollars an hour."

The world of news awaits your revelation...

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
well someone wants attention

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phugedaboudet
Sorry, subz. I left out the "extremist" part. Should have been "extremist left"

That should improve any concerns with consistency you may have. Surely you agree that extremism on any side is a bad thing.

That I do buddy, thanks for the clarification

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
GEZUS!

Austria is our Neighbouring Country and I have no Beef with them.

But Considering my Mother makes a GREAT "AppfelStrudel" I would be giving up ALOT, Belive me!

Now lets check some Ahrnold Nazi Links and then talk about who is the Nazi Supporter and a RACIST!

You wanna know who His Dad Was - Gustav Schwatzenegger?

Oh I Forgot - You have put me on Ignore!

Better for you then - better not see the Following Picture.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Well do you really think Mr Cheney would run alone as a potential Presidential candidate?

What trust would the Elephant side put in a man with heart conditions as serious as MR Cheney?

Think Helen and the American people have little to worry about there. Frisk however may be a different story..

Dallas

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem

Originally posted by Valhall
What a crock of crap. Maybe Cheney should just facetiously vow to run so we can be rid of what is an apparently emotionally distraught and hysterical member of the media.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by malakiem]

Do you attend the same group therapy sessions as Helen? Please note I have bolded two very important words in my statement.

Main Entry: fa·ce·tious
Pronunciation: f&-'sE-sh&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French facetieux, from facetie jest, from Latin facetia
1 : joking or jesting often inappropriately : WAGGISH
2 : meant to be humorous or funny : not serious

vow

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join