It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another blank check for big corporations The energy bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Seems that this bill is about to be approved, but what in the heck are we going to have an energy bill that is going to do nothing for our dependency on foreign oil or lower the ever increasing prices in gas at the pump.

$3 billion in tax breaks and royalty relief -- to oil and gas companies "that don't need incentives with oil and gas prices being what they are today."

But CEOs of oil companies are reaping millions in profits and still this energy bill is giving them additional tax free money for the pockets.

Supporters of the legislation acknowledged that it would not force down energy prices, particularly gasoline costs at the pump, nor eliminate the nation's reliance on foreign oil, much of it from volatile areas such as the Middle East.

Who is the energy bill to benefit? Big fat oil American companies or the already hurt American people.

"The bill is larded with subsidies, tax preferences and miscellaneous handouts to an energy industry that with prices this high are in no need of taxpayer assistance,"

www.cnn.com...

Hail to the conservative power riddle government this were you tax payer money is going to pay for :

Oil Companies Experienced Record $100 Billion in Profits During 2004 so as you can see they will go as far as greed will push them.

www.consumersunion.org...

ExxonMobil CEO Received $38 Million in Bonuses, Despite Soaring Oil Prices. According to the Associated Press.

www.democrats.org...

ChevronTexaco CEO Received Nearly $10 Million in Bonuses and Stock Options. According to the Los Angeles Times.

www.oilcompanies.net...

ConocoPhillips Stock Has Increased by 75 Percent.

Our conservative government is sure working for the American families.

Outrageous.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Corporations paid to get these guys into office,
Corporations get their bidding done.

I am so in favor of public financing of campaigns.

If you don't pay the piper, he doesn't play your tune.

Of the corporations
by the corporations
for the corporations

The American people are asleep or brain-dead.

Check off the presidential campaign fund on your income tax,
It isn't much but it is a step in the correct direction.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This is clearly a wake up call for a complete scrapping of our electoral process.

If your congressman signed on to this bill in approval, you should be contacting their offices
with your strongest disapproval.

Big Oil, Big Pharma, and Military Industrialists are the only " citizens " that have gained
anything from this administration.

Meanwhile, the majority, the 99% of us struggle to make ends meet.

These policies show a complete disregard for our daily needs.

This is a blatant abuse of power and needs to be stopped.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Thanks for posting, sometimes I notice that threads that bring the light of the state of mind of our politicians are completely disregarded.

No many wants to get educated on realities of the power in our country.

Over and over is been legislation in favor of this already wealthy corporation since the Bush administration has been in power.

The God send is indeed the blessing for corporate power.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
But republicans are the party of the people! Look, they voted in someone even more stupid then the common person! Well, if you are a CEO, and if you mean voted as in given the election...

But republicans are holy! They stick it in mule holes, they stick it in little boy holes, in little girl holes, in family member holes, and so much more!

Link to that and more here....

politics.abovetopsecret.com...
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Quite sad it is so easy, almost not worth it, but like blondes and Chickens no matter how easy it is to make fun of them, it is still funny.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I tell you what James the Lesser, its hard to follow the Republican party agenda when it change like a chameleon. Is all about who is paying the bill for the campaigns.

How can people be so blind in their faith on political parties.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It sure would be nice if the mainstream media wasn't bought and paid for. What would it be like if it actually covered the wholesale rape of a nation? In today's America, on so many different fronts we are being screwed without a kiss.. where does the little guy even start?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hear the thing Americans relected Bush so If I am to bevile the posts on this thread people seem to want to get screwed over.
Anyone else see my point?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Hear the thing Americans relected Bush so If I am to bevile the posts on this thread people seem to want to get screwed over.

Nope. The 2004 presidential election was stolen. Read the excellent expose written by Mark Crispin Miller in the August edition of Harper's magazine. It's titled: None Dare Call It Stolen: Ohio, the election, and America's servile press. I give it two thumbs up.

This is their website: www.harpers.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Excuse me but by the way the thread links and information are not lies and are not made because I wanted too.

They are real information from your Government deals and pay off with our tax payer money.

Are you getting any millions from the oil companies? The CEOs are meanwhile we pay the prices at the pump.

Energy bill? are you getting anything out if? not? but big energy companies like the ones Mr. Bush family loves are.

Wake up Americans.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Americans are getting bent over by corporate America and they're handmaidens in government.

I guess, though, there are a lot of folks still out there who prefer the comfort of an illusion (Bush as protector..
) than the hard truth of being screwed over.

Our we better off now (as a nation) than we were in 2000? Absolutely not. Everything has gone up price-wise and we are at war in two countries with absolutely no positive outcome in sight. It's insane.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Excuse me but by the way the thread links and information are not lies and are not made because I wanted too.

Ease I didnt say you were lying I was trying to look deeper into the issue.
Are you saying Americans are blind to the fact that there getting screwed over?
As a non American I gotta say how can people be blind to the fact that there getting screwed over?

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Oh, man, trust me.. a lot of Americans are blind as a bat when it comes to government chicanery. They still get their "news" from TV.
Those folks can't add 2+2 together without getting 5, if you know what I mean. They'll believe anything their idiot cowboy heeeero tells 'em. It's pathetic.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   

As a non American I gotta say how can people be blind to the fact that there getting screwed over?

I appologize I guess I missed your point, now I understand the post.

And yes is many people around that still think that our President is the "God send"

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I attribute a great deal of that ignorance to two things: they get their "news" from network tv; and they get a mimimum of real news and analysis b/c they're too busy with work, family and paying bills.

top topics

join