It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having trouble with psionics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I have been practicing psionics for a while. Things that I have read on the subject have just said that I need more practice. I can make a "Psi bal" and I have also seen auras, but I haven't been able to do much else. As I practice I have more experiece with psi build-ups in my hands, third eye, and other parts of my body, but I don't seem to be able to gain new skills. When I am not able to do something then I dought weather I can do it.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
that's because "skills" don't work as most psionics claim. you can't learn everything just because you want to. you either got the gift or you don't. once every few years you gain a new one...if you're lucky. some get 1 new one in a few life times.

just practice with what you got so far. try to master it and eventually doors will open to more advanced things to try and work with.

may i suggest to learn how to do astral traveling. most knowledge you seek can be found there. including mentors to guide you.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Everything goes in stages zippo. I have never tried psi balls, but used to see auras. I always wondered why I was able to see these things and later on I learned that it was just to keep my mind open. I started to read tarot after a while, and did that for several years, then one day out of the blue, while watching a tv show I realized I was able to communicate with passed on loved ones for other people. I entered a new stage of development then. Although I found myself suddenly being able to do a lot of things, I took one huge leap in one second and went full blown psychic. It wasnt fun as after about a month I started to pick up on other peoples abuse by feeling it. I had to eventually shut it all off because it was to painful. Be careful, and patient, when things start to really role for you, they might roll hard and fast as they did with me. But everything does go in stages and you can't hurry it, it comes on its own, in time. Best of luck zippo!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
as an advice i'd like to give...

when you start to take over peoples emotions en thoughts, do not turn of your gifts and run away. learn how to shield yourself and filter out the things you don't want to. learn to shield and learn how to use your gifts.

it won't be easy, but it will be rewarding

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
that's because "skills" don't work as most psionics claim. you can't learn everything just because you want to. you either got the gift or you don't. once every few years you gain a new one...if you're lucky. some get 1 new one in a few life times.

sorry, mate but i beg to differ.

you can learn all of these things, its just a matter of understanding how to unlock these abilities inside yourself.

and to zippo, do not doubt yourself, because if you do, then you can be sure that it wont work. you have to learn to block out your doubtful thoughts. best of luck, my friend!

--Kitsunegari

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
do not turn of your gifts and run away. learn how to shield yourself and filter out the things you don't want to. learn to shield and learn how to use your gifts.

Didnt run away myself, just turned them off, but I had to for several reasons. I work for a medium, as a chat mod, and one of the problems I had was watching people die over and over again before people would even say why they were so depressed, I knew because I watched thier loved ones die. If person can learn to shield themselves, more power to them, but sometimes people dont understand the seriousness of psychic abilities in general, and when they start to find that its not all fun and games and there is a lot of responsibility, it can make you think twice.

Its taken me a few years of reflection to come to the conclusion that I don't want that resposibility personally, I still mod, but now everything is blocked out and I prefer it that way. LOL I can still do things, but now its when spirit chooses, and not all the time. I've done a few remote viewing "games" on this site, and did well, figured I would, but for the most part now, I am happy to just let things happen when they need to and I am not as open as I once was. This is the second time I have closed off that door, this time not out of fear as much of out of realizing that once I opened those doors and things started to happen, I felt like a pilot without a pilots license.

It is hard to explain correctly, right now I work as a volunteer for (IMO) one of the worlds best meduims as a moderator. I am happy to be in this position, and it was the opening of the doors that put me there, but when I closed those doors most of the way, I felt a lot of relief. If that makes sense.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i'm also starting to have these problems where i can only do it on the night of a full moon at a late hour

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Your one and only problem, zippo, is that you had said "when I can't do something, I doubt if I can." There is no room for doubting yourself with this. Your doubt will grow to the point where it will choke off other aspects and skills.

There are a couple methods you could try. One is to keep practicing... I know, it can be a bother, but just stay focused, keep a goal in mind, and practice to that goal. The other?

Look at developing psionics as a school class... teachers will not take you to the final chapter right away. You can see auras? Now practice at seeing a persons energy, or an animals energy, its patterns and colors and texture. From there, begin to observe the flow around you, and how you interact with it, the ebbs and tides. THEN practice on changing the energy, redirecting it.

There is also something known as the Well of Knowledge, if you feel comfortable in approaching it... however, you have to be certain about yourself and your worthiness in seeking it out, least the Guardians placed to safeguard it bar your way.

top topics

join