It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physics of "UFO" travel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This is one thing we could weed through.

6,740 results for extraterrestrial life on google scholar:

scholar.google.com...

Too much info to sift through to give you some reading material, but just to let you know its there.

This is still a very good start source of info that few people use.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Dulcimer:

That last link you gave is more about ET life, not the "Physics of UFO Travel" - as you have given for the title of your thread

You're not
and trying to direct people in the wrong direction are you?

Although I probably only know 1% of the things I don't know about alternative flight technologies, I have been doing "this" for about 21 years now and the links I have given are, well...worth the look. I can't even imagine the amount of hours I've put into this area (shudder emoticon)...but I'm sure it will becomes useful one day

I've always had a fantasy to build a craft that resembles a car so I can drive into town and freak everyone out - however, it wouldn't work as all the cars around me would simply "die"

Cheers

JS

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
searching the scholar pages with "extraterrestrial life" is much easier than something like UFO or the like.

Not many people write papers on ufo's.

I already mentioned "space travel" as a possible search too.

Just presenting resources. Of course the crafts should have occupants / engineers correct?

Keeping interest in the thread.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Dulcimer:

First thing I'd like to say is that this is a very good topic.

Second thing I'd like to mention is that, due to "middleman interception", it could be likely that we are only talking to ourselves and possibly a few other
regarding this matter - I won't go into the tech. on this one as I have explained it before in another thread.

I could also provide you with a couple of plans to build "hovering crafts" but, you know what...nothing would happen.

The only way something like this is going to work is if you do it yourself, however that requires resources of a different kind - lots of money (mainly for legal) and a very unique release strategy. When you start threatening international cartels and syndications that are controlled by the "few", nasty things can start to happen via command chains - believe me, I know this

One thing I have found in life is that if you don't rely on anyone else to achieve your goals and you keep your focus, then you will get there eventually. You may die or grow old in the process, but at least you won't be wasting time following up dead end leads or persuing a manufactured track

Cheers

JS

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
after reading your other thread i have to ; just have to post my theory about it LOL

ok now
E=mc^2

so basically *without all the hoopla*
Energy = Matter

well; this implies *i think* that Literally Everything is Energy
so

Energy = Everything

well; if a "soul" exists; it would have to be -----> Energy
since "Energy" can describe virtually Everything

so heres my equation based on my admittedly limited understanding

Energy = Matter = Everything = Soul = Universe = God

since everythings the same thing u can say it equals anything else; in this view *i dunno if im nuts or what?*

so that means my actual "existance" is the Soul itself, essentially

So
i found some back up for my theory...in a sense

Virtually all religions *main ones* contend that
God = Everything
or God = All or All = One or One = All

its in Genesis in the Bible, God = All

So; it seems we have a very simple answer
Everything = Everything

Soul = Matter = God = Energy =Everything = All = Whole Universe

ok ok ill stop now

u see where im going tho?

so basically your "spiriton" fits well into this "theory of everything " lmao
being Spirton = Everything = God = Matter = Energy = etc

[edit on 27-7-2005 by muzzleflash]

what about antimatter and supersymetric particles?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Originally posted by keybored
my opinion is so that the centrifugal forces enable them to manipulate gravity. we do the same thing in space to create artificial gravity

My opinion is that you'd have to have a very silly design in order for "centrifugal forces" to make anything worthwhile through spinning.

*snip*

lol thank you! Tell David when he took down the Giant with a stone how silly spinning forces are.

check your U2U's I am sending you one right after I post

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
www.galactic-server.net...

INFO ABOUT SPACESHIPS.
Description of cigarshaped spacecraft. *
Description of energisystem for starship. *
Description of globeshaped and saucershaped spacecraft. *
General description of interstellar spacetravelling. *

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
am i right in believing that the said nearest blackhole may not be the nearest as im sure i have read about micro blackholes within the universe that could literally be all around us. Could they be of any use via wormholes or such. Also im surprised iv not heard a mention of anti matter in this thread. It usually shows up on this kinda chat.

We will never work it out as we are human and we con ourselves into believing we know it all about the speed of light, Physics, The universe etc etc etc. However remember we once thought the world was flat. These kinda of things maybe discovered in the future but not in our lifetime i dont think.

Proper brain melting stuff

Damm good thread though

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I was intrigued by slowing down the speed of light. So say for all intensive purposes, that you could have light all around you going 38mph, Can you go 40 mph?

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I could also provide you with a couple of plans to build "hovering crafts" but, you know what...nothing would happen.

So you're saying you know how to build a hovering craft?

I thought I'd bump this post for new members since it was one I found really interesting last year.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I have been studying UFO videos recently and I have noticed 2 catagories of craft:

1. Saucers that always seem to spin.
The surface of the ship is electrically charged. The electric charge ionizes the atmosphere. This is why UFO's are seen as glowing balls of light.
A spinning electric charge creates a magnetic field.
Is there a unified theory that allows these electromagnetic fields to create a gravitational field? If so then I think that this is how the craft operates.

2. There are a class of UFO's that are really weird. When they perform manuevers they have some distinct regions of intensly bright white light and also some regions of intense darkness. I think this is evidence of some weird gravitational warping effect. Could they be using black holes and white holes to bend space around them? Probably.

Just my thoughts :-)

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Thank you for reviving the post, Nova. I found it interesting.

I had a conversation with a gentleman that encouraged thinking of ufo's less as a vehicle like a ship, and more like a method of conveyance - like an elevator.

A running theme seemed to be very similar to some of the discussion here - and actually helps me in making sense of what was presented some years earlier.

Physics is most certainly not my strong suit.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Gravitational pull has to be a factor in an alien form of space travel..
Or at least thats what i think..
Everything in the solar system itself is in place cause of gravity..
Everything is able to move, orbit, rotate or whatever cause of this fact..
Maybe!?..
I'm gonna just say Maybe!
There is a way to manipulate the solar systems gravitational pulls..
On a much larger scale than what we have experienced before..
We would have to discover a much more stronger type of metal or type of carbon..
it's probably all here on earth, we just havent tapped into it..
it's just a thought!..

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Is there a unified theory that allows these electromagnetic fields to create a gravitational field? If so then I think that this is how the craft operates.

No, there is nothing which could explain apparent UFO propulsion within physics we know.

There is a coupling from electromagnetic fields to gravitation in Einsteinian relativity, but the size of it is extremely small. Roughly the energy contained in the EM fields would have the same magnitude effect as if that energy were converted to mass with E=mc^2. It's not exactly the close enough.

If for example, few grams of matter were annihlated completely in an H-bomb; electromagnetic fields of strength equal to an H-bomb energy release would have gravitational effects as much as a few grams of stuff.

In other words, it would warp space about as much as your beer can does.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

Everyone knows that centrifugal force can overcome gravity. If directed upward,
centrifugal force can be used to drive an antigravity engine. The problem engineers have
been unable to solve is that centrifugal force is generated in all directions on the plane of
the centrifuge. It won’t provide locomotion unless the force can be concentrated in one
direction. The solution of the sling, of releasing the wheeling at the instant the centrifugal
force is directed along the ballistic trajectory, has all the inefficiencies of a cannon. The
difficulty of the problem is not real, however. There is a mental block preventing people
from perceiving a centrifuge as anything other than a flywheel.
A bicycle wheel is a flywheel. If you remove the rim and tire, leaving only the
spokes sticking out of the hub, you still have a flywheel. In fact, spokes alone make a
more efficient flywheel than the complete wheel; this is because momentum only goes up
only in proportion to mass but with the square of speed. Spokes are made of drawn
steel with extreme tensile strength, so spokes alone can generate the highest level of
centrifugal force long after the rim and tire have disintegrated. But spokes alone still
generate centrifugal force equally in all directions from the plane of rotation. All you
have to do to concentrate centrifugal force in one direction is remove all the spokes but
one. That one spoke still functions as a flywheel, even though it is not a wheel any
longer.
See how easy it is once you accept an attitude of solving one problem at a time
as you come to it? You can even add a weight to the end of the spoke to increase the
centrifugal force.
But our centrifuge still generates a centrifugal force acceleration in all directions
around the plane of rotation even though it doesn’t generate acceleration equally in all
directions at the same time. All we have managed to do is make the whole ball of wire
wobble around the common center of mass between the axle and free end of the spoke.
To solve this problem, now that we have come to it, we need merely to accelerate the
spoke through a few degrees of arc and then let it complete the cycle of revolution
without power. As long as it is accelerated during the same arc at each cycle, the
locomotive will lurch in one direction, albeit intermittently. But don’t forget that the
piston engine also drives intermittently. The regular centrifugal pulses can be evened out
by mounting several centrifuges on the same axle so that a pulse from another flywheel
takes over as soon as one pulse of power is past it’s arc.
The next problem facing us is that the momentum imparted to the centrifugal
spoke is carries it all around the cycle with little loss of velocity. The amount of
concentrated centrifugal force carrying the engine in the desired direction is too low to be
practical. Momentum is half the product of mass multiplied by velocity squared.
Therefore, what we need is a spoke that has a tremendous velocity with minimal mass.
They don’t make spokes like that for bicycle wheels. A search through the engineers’
catalog however, turns up just the kind of centrifuge we need. An electron has no mass
at rest (you cannot find a smaller minimum mass than that); all it’s mass is inherent in
its velocity. So we build an electron raceway in the shape of a doughnut in which we can
How to Build a Flying Saucer
Prepared by MultiMedia Magic, Inc. 4
accelerate an electron to a speed close to that of light. As the speed of light is
approached, the energy of acceleration is converted to a momentum approaching
infinity. As it happens, an electron accelerator answering our need was developed by the
University of California during the last years of World War II. It is called a betatron, and
the doughnut is small enough to be carried comfortably in a man’s hands.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I believe it has something to do with interdimentional travel. After reading some stories of UFO craft having some kind of a mental or telepathic uplink with the person driving it inside, and reading stories of NDE of astral planes it seems to fit nicely. When a person dies the physical body is shed and left behind. Maybe somehow these beings are using a craft to manipulate the physical plane to cancel it out and stepping inside the astral plane in a protected bubble of some sorts and then just using telepathic thought to travel or move the craft to whatever location it wants to go. Then step back into the physical plane and there you have it 'space travel' in a split second. Traveling the speed of light has it barriers of the physical weight of object and the distance it has to travel. Not to mention if you could do it, you would be crushed by inertia and pulverized by the space junk hitting the craft along the way.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesOfTheFuture
Some believe they are not from our plane of existence, but from a different universe/dimension in the multiverse. That would mean they haven't got to travel great physical distances to get here. Well, this surely sounds way out there, to say the least, but it could perhaps explain the weird behaviour of some objects/entities that's been observed.

Actually, with respect to and for science itself, this theory is the most plausible of them all. MUCH more so than actual physical speeds and distance. We have math that clearly supports dimensional realities far and away removed from the the basic four dimensional model we presently take for granted. We just don't understand how to mechanically access them. Most likely this is where mankind's mentality must change in a facilitative manner to accommodate this form of navigation. Actually, with respect to the notions of man's evolution as a species, dimensional navigation makes the most sense of all. There is no question that the observations of UFOs in our atmosphere and in space itself would require a true paradigm shift within our present capabilities taken what is being observed are in fact technologically based craft originating not on earth.

It is also quite possible that those responsible for UFOs man in fact be non ET. They may be a species of life that originated right here. Possibly they never existed in typical 4 dimensional fashion. Possibly like as is purposed via this progressive hypothesis for mankind's evolutionary destiny, they made the same type of progress.

Who's to say or not, that on this earth that we live, intelligence as we understand it may in fact be an artifact of the human evolutionary process rather than a pentacle result. What if the human intellect itself is an environmental bonding agent for our present placement within this dimensional format? Maybe the intellect within mankind is no different than the facilitation for what was once aquatic life that evolved into more advanced land fairing life forms.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The two methods most likely are anti matter drivers and the folding of space time (manifested wormhole).

If they understand wormholes it maybe well be possible to creat a stable wormhole from point a to point b and arrive there in seconds.

I want to consider something else. Our evolution of physics, chemistry and biology is all based on our world and our immediate space, what we have to refrence from and what we have to study.

If an alien life lived on a world with very different physics, nearer to certain other spatial anomolies and forces which at this time we cant access, theres no reason to assume their answers to the questions we seek didnt come much faster.

We understand fision and fusion. Its entirely possible that Alien life never developed "nuclear power", if they were close enough to anomolous data to study wormholes and anti matter then its far more likely they had little need of ever crossing the nuclear reactor. While they might understand the theory, compared to their own science it might seem a dirty and dangerous concept which they would have no need of building.

As we have learned from whats around us, any other life would do the same so how uickly they advanced in theoretical fields is more likely to be dependant on the location and environment they have. Maybe they have some elements we dont have which made early space travel easy, maybe within their galaxy they actually have very bizarre forces and occurences which they were able to study and quantify.

So we cant really assume what they might have based on what we know because their technological evolution might be far more bizzare.

Its actually possible, in theory, that some things we have might be considered "new" to them, again I go back to nukes and nuclear reactors. Because their science went down a different road maybe the study of contained nuclear reactions was never really evolved at all.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join