It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your 5 most profound beliefs/truths

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I would like to extend an open mind and find others with open minds.

I'm not looking for any justifications or arguements.

I'm not expecting nor wanting substantiated proof of your statements.

The purpose of this thread is to just to request that you share the 5 biggest most profound things you believe are true.

The subject matter can be of your choosing.

It may concern your gifts or abilities if you are psychic.

I only ask that you only put forth information you truly believe is true.

Example:

1) The ark of the covenant is a device capable of sending messages through time.

2) "Aliens" are evolved hybrids and genetically altered of (sometimes) human descent from the past, present, and future.

3) Love and Truths opposing forces stem from FEAR and hate.

4) Languages contain subliminal messages that direct entire cultures without them being aware of it.

5) All humans have abilities, some are dormant because of fear and hate, others are just silenced by the fear of not fitting in because of thier gifts.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
1) Time is a gift...that's why they call it the present
2) Humans have been raised to believe science, therefore the paranormal no longer exists(well, it does...it's just not perceived like it once was)
3) Our President is an asshole
4) There's about as much proof to any conspiracy theory as there is an existence of God
5) Way too many people take themselves too seriously

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
they may not be too profound...but that's what i thought of first so i'm going to go with it

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
1. People don't smile enough.

2. Most are living life for the wrong reasons.

3. To much emphasis is placed on Materials.

4. None of us are as important as we think we are.

5. The truth is out there.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
1) I want to know the exact frequency at which living planets appear in a randomly selected galaxy. Is it 1 in a billion? Is it one in 10 billlion? Is it one in a 1,000? How many earth-like planets are there in the Milky Way Galaxy?

2) Why are certain women so damn beautiful and why can't I be one of them instead of who I am?

3) Is 2 + 2 really 4 or am I somehow being deceived?

4) Why are humans so #ing cruel, warlike, and hateful?

5) Will I get laid this year?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   

*shakes the the magik 8 ball*

"Doesn't look good."

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Time is relative, if you don't believe it, see how slow time goes when the relatives visit.

No good deed goes unpunished.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it!

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

And the best one.............

Silence is golden, so shut up and get rich!

Here's a bonus truth. Posting threads in the proper forum will make it much easier to find them later!

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienAntFarm
1) I want to know the exact frequency at which living planets appear in a randomly selected galaxy. Is it 1 in a billion? Is it one in 10 billlion? Is it one in a 1,000? How many earth-like planets are there in the Milky Way Galaxy?

there is only 1 planet like the earth in the Milky Way, but we have far more similarities than differences, i believe.

2) Why are certain women so damn beautiful and why can't I be one of them instead of who I am?

You are far more beautiful than you percieve yourself to be. I've chosen more relationships for the femine mind than looks. Your greatest tools in life are not your breasts, not your legs, not your backside, not your hair ..... Your greates tools in life are your brain and your eyes. Never forget that.

If the world were full of Barbies, I'd be in trouble. My name isn't Ken.

3) Is 2 + 2 really 4 or am I somehow being deceived?

depends on who you talk to.

4) Why are humans so #ing cruel, warlike, and hateful?

FEAR. fear of loosing that which they choose to love. hate is just the natural response to fear.

P.S. edit the F word, the sight doesn't like profanity, and I would hate to see you get in trouble just because you didn't know.

The beauty of it is you get to choose, and usually get to choose with whom. Use good posture, approach him with a smile. Shoulders down. Smile with your eyes, not just your lips. Let him do most the talking. Agree with most of what he says. build up his ego by pointing out what character attributes you like the most about him. Take it slow. Let him know you respect yourself, and he will respect you as well.

Hopefully the answer is yes, but only if it is the right person for you.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
1 God dosnt exist.
2 One of the greatest dangers we face every day is the person who perception of reality is blinded by there belifes this can be anybody from your boss to a politican.
3 If 2+2=4 in the classroom it = 5 in the real world.
4 The truth/reality is a cruel mistress.
5 Every person has the right to exploit others in order to future themselvs thou caplitism. Every person has the right to do this without discrimination.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Ouch, xpert...you sure have a bleak outlook on life.

My own would probably be made up of:
Everything is made up of pairs that are in perfect balance:
For every disease there is a cure, for every problem a solution, for every destroyer there is a creator/fixer etc.
Also applicable to us: we are made up of our "physical selves" as well as our spirit/soul/spark, both in balance. We are made up of our perceptions of ourselves, and our perceptions of the world, also in balance.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
1. Believe all of what your head says, half of what your heart says, and none of what your ex says.

2. Love really can conquer all.

3. The death penalty solves nothing.

4. Healthcare should be a right, not a privilege enjoyed only by those who can afford it.

5. There is no one religion that is true for every soul on this planet.

The End.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
One is the only real number...

Two only exists in its relationship to One and One only comes into existence through its relationship to Two. Therefore, the truth of One does not reside within the boundaries of Existence.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
76.3% of all statistics are made on the spot.

Mexican Food rox

more pico de gallo POR FAVOR!

Jesus has a bowflex

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
1) The most important thing in this world is one's true self image, which can only be covered by materialistic goods. It is not made by them.

2) No matter how hard you try, you can not be Bill Gates, Michael Jordan, Van Halen, or any other idol. Learn from them, but build yourself to where others want to be like you.

3) If violence is the only solution, you haven't considered every aspect of the problem.

4) People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.

5) There are very, very few things in life which should be taken as seriously as they commonly are. (A general rule of thumb for determining whether something should be taken seriously is to ask ones' self "Will someone physically die as a direct result of this?" If the answer is yes, then it should be taken seriously. If the answer is no, then although it may be important, it is not worth an ulcer, heart attack, or loss of sleep.)

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
1. No matter how horrible it is now, one day it will be surprisingly pleasing to remember- "Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit-- Perhaps someday it will be pleasing to remember even these things."

2. Sleep and food are necessary evils that God should really do something about allowing humans to rid of the need for them.

3. "Hugging is an underused resource with magical powers"

4. Laughing really is healthy physically... The more you laugh, the longer you'll live.

5. Whether you're down, dejected, confused, amused, celebrating, crying, dying, stressed, relaxed, angry, happy, hyper, mellow-- A beer will do you good...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Two only exists in its relationship to One and One only comes into existence through its relationship to Two. Therefore, the truth of One does not reside within the boundaries of Existence.

I completely understand what you are saying and I wholeheartedly agree!

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by Jonna

I completely understand what you are saying and I wholeheartedly agree!

Could you explain it to me then because I just thought it sounded good.

JK! As it's the illusion of duality (definitional separation) seen through quantum entanglement.

Wait, what am I talking about again?

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Jonna]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
1, The end is nigh, for real this time.

2. Mankind has been deceived as to the true nature of God.

3. ATS RAAAAWKS!

4. The more you know, the more you know how little you know.

5. I need sleep.

[edit on 2005-7-25 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just a few things that come to mind, I'll try to write 'em on ATS topics:

1.) Aliens are not here to hurt or harm us, they are anthropologists and scientists interested in studying humans and the life on this immensly hospitable planet in a time of great importance. A few who have heard of our planet are illegally experimenting on us and making deals with the government, but this is not the intention of the vast majority.

2.) In 2012, nothing will happen except the end of the Mayan Calendar and a few others. Cults will form, some panic will rise, but in the end mankind will come through OK as we have always done in the past.

3.) No religion is correct because man is fallible and the books are written by men, but Buddhism is pretty close.

4.) Good and evil do not exist. All people believe what they are doing is right whether it be killing for 'just' retribution, stealing because of need, or doing anything 'bad' because society has done them wrong and deserves to be punished. There are acts that we consider to be evil done by people who believe they are right in doing them, and also insanity as an explanation to the exceptions. (if you disagree, just u2u me, don't want to clog up this thread
)

5.) AlienAntfarm can come here to Boston if she ever wants to get laid!

[edit on 25-7-2005 by zhangmaster]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
1. God is love
2. Now is the time of Grace, do good works in Gods name
3. Evil will allways get its just punishment
4. THe simplest answer is usually the best
5. THe best way to understand a person, is how they treat complete strangers who want nor need anyhting from them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join