It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do soul mates exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Back to the topic, here is what I believe from my own experiences : pre existing soul mates.. I dont believe in, but what I believe is that if you are subconciously willing to become close to someone for whatever reason, and they are to you, you will develop some sort of bond with them. Like this one girl who I hadnt talked to in like 3 years suddenly calls me, and just before she called, I had an image of her in my mind. Same thing goes for anyone who I become friends with, and the reverse is true for some of THEM as well.

I started a thread discussing similar experiences here :

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
What you are describing is more along the lines of a "twin soul" versus "soul mates." I agree that twin souls do not exist.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Paul_Richard]

Aren t twin soul and soul mates the same?
I think we are talking about the same thing. What s the difference?

yavis

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by yavis

What you are describing is more along the lines of a "twin soul" versus "soul mates." I agree that twin souls do not exist.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Paul_Richard]

Aren t twin soul and soul mates the same?
I think we are talking about the same thing. What s the difference?

yavis

The idea behind a twin soul is that eons ago we were somehow created in pairs, and that we were then separated. That the twin soul is more compatible than any soul mate. But again, I have not found any evidence, even anecdotally, of the existence of a twin soul. It all boils down to having various soul mates.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Soulmates are real. I've been with mine almost two years now. We've had a rough time of things at times, but we've always come back to each other in the end and worked things out. She knew me better than anyone else I've ever known in a matter of months. We're not complete opposites, but we're very different from each other, but that's what makes things interesting. Soulmates SHOULD be rather different from each other, or you would get bored with them.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
My Apollogies if I repeat someone

but a soul mate is just someone your really compatible with

but like most of you believe i to wish there were soul mates it would be great to meet someone that special to you.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

What s your opinion/experience with that?

Your are your own soulmate!

Who knows you best?....You

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen

What s your opinion/experience with that?

Your are your own soulmate!

Who knows you best?....You

I ve never heard this but it really makes sense. Cuz you know yourself better than anyone, and there are many different "you", so you also have many soulmates.

yavis

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Actually I disagree with the statement of 'who knows you best, you'. Quite often people understand themselves far less that others do. Other people judge us by solid evidence, what we do and say, while we quite often pretend to ourselves that we are something we are not. Self-delusion is an art that humans have mastered to a very high degree.

I remember a particular woman, at the very beginning of our sessions she claimed to be 'overly compassionate, I give of myself far too often'. However, once I got a chance to meet and get to know her friends and family they, each and every one, said the exact opposite. Turns out they were quite right.

It should not be this way of course, but it quite often is.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 7/28/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If you looked at my fiancee and me, you would never think that we would be together and have come through all the hard times we've had. We're very different people, but we're also very much in love with each other, and know each other amazingly well. She knew more about me in the first couple of months we were together than other people have known me in years. It took her three months to know me better than my ex-gf that I went out with for almost 7 years.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Soul mates are the ones you think of when you drink by yourself.....the ones you miss..... those who will never leave your thoughts...

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau
Actually I disagree with the statement of 'who knows you best, you'. Quite often people understand themselves far less that others do. Other people judge us by solid evidence, what we do and say, while we quite often pretend to ourselves that we are something we are not. Self-delusion is an art that humans have mastered to a very high degree.

This is where I throw in the Subconscious Cards....

Yes, I agree that people tend understand themselve far less...but on the Conscious level.

Deep down a person knows exactly what he/she is, but may choose to ignore some of what he/she knows/understand about him/herself...then push them back into the Subconscious mind...

So now, a lot of people would rather believe the lie/illusion they've been telling themselve most of their lives...

Only when the veil of illusion is removed can a person truly know him/herself...which can be scary sometime...

So yes, a person is his/her own true soulmate...but there can be other soulmates that closely (but not exactly) match the characteristic of that person's self.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yes, I believe in soulmates. I have been told by someone who is quite renowned I am with mine. He also said that soul mates can and do part ways, but that is a choice issue.

We have been together 13 years, and though times can be tough, he is truly the one person I can say I have always LIKED. No matter what, we like and enjoy each other. I can't really imagine loving someone else. Maybe I could, I just cannot envision it

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yes, I agree that people tend understand themselve far less...but on the Conscious level.

I agree on that. But since the vast majority of people never do the work required to really learn, my comments hold true.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
A soulmate is something like your other "half"

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Soul mates are people with which someone is compatible. No one is limited to having only one soul mate. Everyone has various soul mates from their many past experiences in the flesh and in the discarnate dimensions.

Can you speak english and elaborate on this 'discarnate dimension' those of us who don't know what that is?

Thank you!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Soul Mates are essentially this: People who have had extensive encounters with eath other in times previous.... therefore, you (or any of us) have a huge number of "soul-mates" .... what to do about such? Each and every one of us (therefore) has a fairly extensive list of prospective 'soul mates' with which it is within our karmas to deal with harmoniously.

Laymans terms?: Those with whom you feel close to (in this life at least) are those with whom one has had a previous close extensive experience with.... DO THE BEST NOW! WHILE IT LASTS!...

All of us encounter people who 'right away just have that feeling about them"... and each of us know what im talking about... BUT the soul mate question is a moot point if one doesnt take into account "what do i do about this situation?"...

To recognise someone across timelines is not only natural, but expected from 'those who experience much', therefore - there is only one option given to those who experience such: Do The Best With What You Have At Hand...

Do you have a 'soul-mate' in your life? Someone with whom your essential self has experienced numerous experiences? Then do the best you can TODAY with what you have at hand... who knows, maybe one of you has something INTRINSICLY connected to the current situation that MUST be worked out before eather one of the participating parties can advance.... (essentially the only reason to even bother with such a thought)....

Have a soul mate? you two are together for a karmic reason.

Knock and The Door shall be opened...

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Wu
Soul Mates are essentially this: People who have had extensive encounters with eath other in times previous.... therefore, you (or any of us) have a huge number of "soul-mates" .... what to do about such? Each and every one of us (therefore) has a fairly extensive list of prospective 'soul mates' with which it is within our karmas to deal with harmoniously.

Laymans terms?: Those with whom you feel close to (in this life at least) are those with whom one has had a previous close extensive experience with.... DO THE BEST NOW! WHILE IT LASTS!...

this is the smartest explanation yet.
thank you!

ed, as there is not need to quote the post previous to yours

[edit on 12-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Well, I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a soul-mate, to be truthful, I've only recently started to believe in a soul, and I'm stil a little unsure just what a soul is, however I do believe that it is possible for a person can get along better with a certain person more than another for no aparent reason.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
So does everybody have a soulmate? What about those people who have been alone in their whole life or live outside of society, away from the world such as monks ?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
-skims a bunch on the second page to give my 2 cents-

My idea is that Twinsouls do exist, IMO those 2 souls were once in one, but split up later, perhaps when the first lifeforms required a mate for life.

They say souls mate with each other in every life, that's also one of the main arguments that homosexual individuals exist in life in the spiritual aspect at least.

When we encounter our soulmate, we will almost always fall in love with each other, we also have other souls we could be quite fond off like previous family members of other lives, I believe my ex fiancée was my father or mother of my previous life, and because of that we couldn't live together, even though she broke my heart, I still wish her the best.

Sometimes we can mistaken these people for soulmates, but then later we find out the hard way they are not.

Just my 2 cents here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join