It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning America about Communist Dictatorship

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
Oct

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Warning America about Communist Dictatorship
Former Chinese Diplomat Testifies in Congress, Provides Details of Chinese Communist Party's “War” against Falun Gong

WASHINGTON, DC - “A wolf in sheep's clothing” is what a former Chinese diplomat called the Chinese communist leadership, in testimony before Congress last Thursday.
“When the Western world looks at China, a lot of people see an emerging economic power,” the diplomat, Mr. Chen Yonglin, told members of Congress. “Western people should not forget that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is a dictatorship that has [taken] the lives of 80 million people” in the last half-century.

Mr. Chen went on to say that the CCP is an “evil cult,” and, “If businesses continue to deal with such a government...it's dangerous. Some day when the American people wake up, it will be too late.”
www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
That IS an astronomical number, isn't it?
I would really like to see that verified through something other than the right wing fundy sites, though...because if it is true, that would mean the murder of 3 times the population of Canada.

I find that hard to believe.

What I don't find difficult to grasp is collusion between some Middle Eastern countries and China...(Iran comes to mind).
Is it such a stretch to see Al Q and the Chinese working together to weaken the West by involving them in a conflict that cannot be won?

If China cannot get the oil it needs for it's burgeoning economy because of western meddling, all I can think of is the Japanese response to the same thing back in the 40's.

I believe the reason we don't read too much about it in the media is that it frightens too many politicos too much. You know...the old "ignore it, maybe it'll go away" syndrome.

BTW...it's not just America that needs to be vigilant...ALL western capitalist democracies should concern themselves with such a scenario as Chinese armies on the move in Asia. I don't believe they need a massive navy to transport troops because the gates to Eastern Europe are open once they move their forces into a place like Iran (for instance)

IMO...they could make the Mongol hordes of the past look like a panty raid.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Chian is a capitalist dictatorship these days that pretends to be communist since it makes control easier.

In many ways Chinia is similar to the pre democracy government of S. Korea.
China wont invade anyone any time soon, unless Tiawan does something stupid.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Something to consider:

Population: 1,306,313,812 (July 2005 est.)

Executions per 100 million residents: 260 per year.

Extrapolation: 13 x 260 = 3380

Thus, 3380 x 25 (years) = 84,500.

Note: these are only "official" execution numbers; various sources report numbers between 4000+ and 10,000+ per year.

Remembering that "murder" is obviously not considered to be the same as "execution", I'd also love to find more objective sources to support (or dispute) the 80 million figure, and find out to what exactly it refers - are we discussing murder? Execution? Political "disappearances"? What?

Chen Yonglin himself is perhaps not a truly objective source - I've tried googling several (hundred..oy) mixed phrases, and I'm not coming up with much - any ideas?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Here's what I found with a quick search:

People's Republic of China, Mao Zedong's regime (1949-1975): 40 000 000
Agence France Press (25 Sept. 1999) citing at length from Courtois, Stephane, Le Livre Noir du Communism:
Rural purges, 1946-49: 2-5M deaths
Urban purges, 1950-57: 1M
Great Leap Forward: 20-43M
Cultural Revolution: 2-7M
Labor Camps: 20M
Tibet: 0.6-1.2M
TOTAL: 44.5 to 72M

taken from here

Of course, the problem here is that it is Looking Backwards - the crimes of previous regimes offer little insight into the present and future.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Chen's statement was "has [taken] the lives of 80 million people". "Taken" meaning as a direct result of its actions, not just executions and killings. This shows in the figures presented by quango.

As for looking backwards, the top echelons of the CCP are like a royal family; each new batch of leaders are proteges of the former batch. The basic tenets of the party have not changed at all. The regime is still the same regime that it was 30 years ago, just with different faces, some small modernization, and some different economic strategies.

[edit on 2005-7-23 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
No offence to your faith. But I think you are misleading other people.

You say CCP and Chinese Government are evil, I can agree with that.

But can you tell us something about the so called "Falun Gong", and Mr. LI. I guess he is your master, right?

So let other members to see whether people can trust you.

Personally, I would rather to believe CCP than your guys. I just can NOT trust your master and his epoch times.

BTW, I apologize if you are NOT a member of Falun Gong.

Originally posted by Oct

www.theepochtimes.com...

[edit on 23-7-2005 by darkhero]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
First you say:
"CCP and Chinese Government are evil, I can agree with that."

But then you say:
"I would rather to believe CCP than your guys."

You say:
"No offence to your faith. But I think you are misleading other people."

But then you say:
"BTW, I apologize if you are NOT a member of Falun Gong."

Do you actually even read what you type??

Seriously, when you are at a loss for words, your loss is our gain.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The Chinese are amazing people, i think its in the West interests to keep the Communists in power as a Democratic China would be a serious threat I'm afraid.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
The Chinese are amazing people, i think its in the West interests to keep the Communists in power as a Democratic China would be a serious threat I'm afraid.

Great observation!

I also believe that a democratic China will be more militant than one controlled by the CCP. Seeing the nationalism presented by a huge percentage of the urban population, and in an election they are the most probable candidates for leadership, they would be more aggresive than the leaders of today. Those that are wishing for a democratic China dont know what they are asking for...

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
While you laugh at my bad English, why you don't answer my question?

Are you afraid to expose your true color to us?

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
First you say:
"CCP and Chinese Government are evil, I can agree with that."

But then you say:
"I would rather to believe CCP than your guys."

You say:
"No offence to your faith. But I think you are misleading other people."

But then you say:
"BTW, I apologize if you are NOT a member of Falun Gong."

Do you actually even read what you type??

Seriously, when you are at a loss for words, your loss is our gain.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The 80 millions deaths in China were referred to the series of gigantic but disastrous social planning and political-ideological programs (the Great Leap Forward) initiated by Mao Zedong to transform China since he and the Communists took power in 1949, up until his death in 1976.

The Great Famine of 1958-1961 (pale in comparison to the Famine of the 1930s in Stalin's reign).

Read how Mao Zedong imposed his disastrous and murderous policy of collective farming en masse by following Lysenko's methods.

The Cultural Revolution was even worse: Mao used young people to dispose, remove or kill many old Chinese revolutionaries, military and government officials, peasants and farmers that doesn't conform to Mao's "new ways" to the future. Millions perished but Chinese goverment officials have made their point by suppressing the actual numbers of deaths and covered up the facts in order to avoid any further embarrassment of Mao's legacy to China. Mao took his place in equal level with Stalin and Hitler when it comes to mass murder on a large scale under governmental and/or ideological policies.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Agree. Some Chinese always want a civil war which we had enough.

Originally posted by Bulldog 52

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkhero
While you laugh at my bad English, why you don't answer my question?

Are you afraid to expose your true color to us?

I'm not laughing at your bad English, I'm exposing your hypocrisy. Big difference.

As for answering your question, considering why you are here and who sent you, the less you and your colleagues know about me the better. Why can't you and your little gang stick to and debate the facts rather than worrying about who I am? But I know you can't do that because the facts are not on your side.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thaei
Great observation!

I also believe that a democratic China will be more militant than one controlled by the CCP. Seeing the nationalism presented by a huge percentage of the urban population

Like most people in the world,chinese people don't want a war. the nationlism shown in many urban chinese people is to some extent a result of the education of the CCP. since commusim has actually been abondoned, nationlism was chosen to justify CCP's rule and cover its faults.
in the propagand, the concept of china,PRC,CCP was (deliberately) confused, and by taking advantage of the history when china was invaded,CCP "prove"
that "only under the leadership of the party,can china rule out any foreign interference and get back the glory of the Naiton"(actually,the CCP did little compared to KMT when china was invaded). so if china go democratic, the base for nowdays extreme nationlism
won't exist.(of couse,the chinese has never experienced democracy before,so it will take some time to get used to it )

and through your post,seemingly the CCP also successfully justifies its rule to foreigners.

[edit on 23-7-2005 by suihx]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Chian is a capitalist dictatorship these days that pretends to be communist since it makes control easier.

In many ways Chinia is similar to the pre democracy government of S. Korea.
China wont invade anyone any time soon, unless Tiawan does something stupid.

China is not worse then the US imho, this hypocrit standpoint of americans is the fruit of american propaganda.
Americans cant stand the fact that China will be the next global superpower, so they demonize them.

American propaganda has become so mainstream that the average american doesnt even notice its propaganda.
Objectivity should be erased from the american dictionary because it stopped having its genuine meaning a long time ago

Oct

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhero

You say CCP and Chinese Government are evil, I can agree with that.
[edit on 23-7-2005 by darkhero]

I know even the agents of CCP have to say CCP is evil.

However, some of CCP's spies still obey CCP's orders, they can explain they have to make money, they have to work, they have family members.

But, conscience, where is these agents conscience? because of a little money, they do evil things, that is not good for you, agents! good will be rewarded, evil will be punished. this is for sure.

So, I hope the spies learn from the brave persons like Mr.Chen Yonglin, get rid of evil CCP, only this way, you will have a good future.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight
American propaganda has become so mainstream that the average american doesnt even notice its propaganda.

Izit America or erm, communist China? Know your facts

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotheRaGe

Originally posted by motionknight

Izit America or erm, communist China? Know your facts

I know my facts, the question is do you?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
motionknight, the fact is the CCP in not a democracy and it does not care if it has to kill millions of people to silence discent

the united states is (still) a democracy it is rife with hypocracy but it still more likely to give someone financal aid than shoot them.

now understand I do not support the currant administrations policies but I would not trust a totalitarian state over a place where you are allowed to question and discern in stead of viewing the situation from one paradigm

also if you know your facts please name a few I am dieing to listen to hear your objective response to my bias view

one last question are you an auzie because your retoric leads me to the Conclusion

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join