It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bastards.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Infinite, do you think that without the pressure on Germany from the US that Russia could have actually done anything?

what pressure?? US didn't want to even go to war and ignored the war in europe until pearl harbour was attacked. Then it went to war with Japan and lent some troops to Europe. Germany turned to Russia and during the cold russian winter, Germany lost hundreds of troops and then Russia pushed Germany all the way back. US saved the UK and forced Japan to surrender. Thats it. I do not want to get into a history lesson, but this is what i learnt at school

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If i remember from your previous pseudonym, you're from Finland, correct? Why do you defend Russia in everything? Because they're opposite of the US agenda wise?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
That's a joke, you can't move an entire production facility undergroud, and as I remember the tank production was done in 43, planes 44, please pull your big head out of your arse. Albert Speer? LOL, he was a joke, c'mon now, I know you are not trying to pull that crap out of the bucket are you?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What pressure?!?! The invasion of France? The defense and protection of the "great" united kingdom? The destruction of Rommel's forces in Africa? you need a history check. If the Germans didn't have to worry about the US, they would have rolled through Stalingrad, naturally due to the fact their troop count would have been doubled.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
GoreGrinder.. have you heard: "Respect your enemies"? USSR was mighty foe. And they did w�n ww2. There is no doubt about it.

Shiny "done"? 43? 44? Give me a break.. Plant went on at full speed untill end off 44 and some were dtill running 8.5.1945 (VE-Day..) all those that werent captured by then..

*edit*

My location is: Way above ATS, not Finland..

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   

GoreGrinder.. have you heard: "Respect your enemies"? USSR was mighty foe. And they did w�n ww2. There is no doubt about it

This hapens to be your skewed opinion due to the fact you are a Russian sympathizer. I'm not. I look at the facts from WW2. you're driven by Nationality/ ethnicity or whatever. Again i'll pose the question; Would you like to debate this in a Grudge Match? I'd be more than happy to.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The guy watches the movie "Patton" and thinks he knows it all.The fact that you've singled out Patton says it all really.
Britain did bomb Berlin.Doh!!

Sorry to decline your offer of a debate.I'm the moderator on that forum.I don't want to accused of bias.

This thread was about the UN ijn Iraq not WW2

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The Russians never listed thier KOA in WW2 publically (officially) but I am willing to be they lost 2 to 3 times as many as the German's and look at the freaking size difference. Oh yeah, didn't see any German's poppin up in Granpa's back yard here in the states either, so I guess we won because our homeland was never tred by any enemy since, oh, what the ALAMO?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
JB, it was directed at the ever adamant Uninen.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
The guy watches the movie "Patton" and thinks he knows it all.The fact that you've singled out Patton says it all really.
Britain did bomb Berlin.Doh!!

Sorry to decline your offer of a debate.I'm the moderator on that forum.I don't want to accused of bias.

This thread was about the UN ijn Iraq not WW2

Why are you so condescending?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Russia or the US, who was the real cause for victory in Europe.

Get your nose out of the air and parallel with the ground.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Why are you so inquisitive?

I don't understand why my posts are being singled out.

Sure challenge my views but if it's my style that upsets you then report me.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Just download the files i pointed out at Sharereactor, read couple hunded books about the war and then we can talk about it, but it will take many years before you can even consider depating against me about this matter. And btw the US africa thing.. Green US troops were buchered by AFRIKA KORPS at Kasserine Pass.. By the AFRIKA KORPS that allready were a spend force..
"The Americans suffered heavy losses of 1,000 dead, hundreds taken prisoner, and the loss of most of their heavy equipment." there is some ww2 to you..
But you shouldnt be shamed.. Rommel was the Best of the Best..

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I want you ass in a debate, that's all.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
the allies won the war and thats all that matters.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
He has the typical European attitude. Noone wants to give the United States any credit for our triumphs. The revolutionary war. Overcoming the civil war. Our bailing out of Europe in the first World War. Pulling through the depression. The bailing out of the PLANET EARTH in the second World War. The eradication of the Soviet Union. All of these monumental deeds the US has secured are spat upon by Europeans like we have here

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM

Just download the files i pointed out at Sharereactor, read couple hunded books about the war and then we can talk about it, but it will take many years before you can even consider depating against me about this matter. And btw the US africa thing.. Green US troops were buchered by AFRIKA KORPS at Kasserine Pass.. By the AFRIKA KORPS that allready were a spend force..
"The Americans suffered heavy losses of 1,000 dead, hundreds taken prisoner, and the loss of most of their heavy equipment." there is some ww2 to you..
But you shouldnt be shamed.. Rommel was the Best of the Best..

Surely you can't be serious, Rommel lost, simple as that, now how can you be the best if you

A)Have superior equipment
B)Better trained troops
C)Numbers

And you still lose?

Silly, just silly

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
the allies won the war and thats all that matters.

Yeah.. you got the matters right.
And USSR was the most vital member of the "allies".

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Something tells me FULCRUM aka UNINEN would like it to have turned out the other way.

Oh and about the African battle you cited, that's one. Look at the MILLIONS THAT DIED IN RUSSIA, twit. So i take it your declining the challenge to debate?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Britts had the air superiority.. in open terrain that only matters.. (desert..) only 50000 of hes troops were ELITE German AFRIKA KORPS.. balance 200-300k were those no good, badly equipet Italians. And "allies" had more men, armor, altillery and planes.. even before Yanks arrived.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join